Official 2018-2019 sledding post

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

There is snow like that in nw Maine and Quebec right now.  Probably the deepest snow, and best conditions in years imo.  We hit some untracked logging roads yesterday that were just heaven.  60-70 mph, drop it down a bit and jump off onto the bank, powder exploding, just awesome stuff.  Sno bunje came out at least a half dozen times with bro Sal Rosenstein and me. :bc: 

Snow in the UP is the best I've seen in some areas in 20 years.   You can ride anywhere.  Guy I work with and 3 of his buddies started out in Grayling last week (in the northern lower peninsula) and rode all the way to the Keweenaw and back in 4 days. Said it was 1,1?? miles. 

3 hours ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Break a clutch spring yet? :bc: 

It’s been flawless.  Almost 1700 miles on it and in all conditions.  I’ve taken it places it had no business going in too. :bc:

2 hours ago, Reevester said:

That's no fun. But I thinks hes been good, the gorilla for sure has gone through a couple with 5k on already. 

He buys 2-3 new sleds a year of all kinds and still says it’s the best sled he’s ever owned.  That’s saying something.  It’s a really good sled. :bc:    

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s been flawless.  Almost 1700 miles on it and in all conditions.  I’ve taken it places it had no business going in too. :bc:

He buys 2-3 new sleds a year of all kinds and still says it’s the best sled he’s ever owned.  That’s saying something.  It’s a really good sled. :bc:    

I believe it, if you are a high miler like he is it just makes sense. 

Just now, Reevester said:

I believe it, if you are a high miler like he is it just makes sense. 

Not as much as he is but bro and I travel high miles to ride most weekends.  Reliability is important.  :bc: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Not as much as he is but bro and I travel high miles to ride most weekends.  Reliability is important.  :bc: 

I don't let that shit bug me. Someone has a trip or weekend ruined once in awhile doesn't matter what brand it is. I meet 2 guys on 900t that were having a hard time 500 miles from home, they made the most of it and took every bit of ribbing we gave them. I've been there lots. 

:bc:

19 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I don't let that shit bug me. Someone has a trip or weekend ruined once in awhile doesn't matter what brand it is. I meet 2 guys on 900t that were having a hard time 500 miles from home, they made the most of it and took every bit of ribbing we gave them. I've been there lots. 

Yup.  My first weekend this year after dumping 500 bucks and a bunch of hours into my Assault, the old girl decided to shit the bed.  Drove 40 miles on one cylinder and that was the end of my love affair with that girl.  :lol:  :bc: 

I honestly can not remember the last time sled troubles have messed up a ride for us, I think it was an electrical gremlin on an '06 Rev in 2007. 

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  My first weekend this year after dumping 500 bucks and a bunch of hours into my Assault, the old girl decided to shit the bed.  Drove 40 miles on one cylinder and that was the end of my love affair with that girl.  :lol:  :bc: 

Scared @04nightfire so bad he had to sell his too. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I honestly can not remember the last time sled troubles have messed up a ride for us, I think it was an electrical gremlin on an '06 Rev in 2007. 

Talk to me when you do more then 1500 mile seasons princess.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

Oh boy, another I ride so many miles because I live in east nowheresville badass :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Reevester said:

You better believe it. :lol:

Plus he only works about a week every month. :lmao::roundhouse:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

You better believe it. :lol:

This winter I've spent 4 days off from work not riding, went to PA with some close friends to BBQ and shoot. Other than those 4 days every day I've had off work has been spent driving back and forth from where we ride or putting miles on the sled. My dad has that old school Dutch work ethic where he needs to be on the job to feel productive, but one day I hope to have a good enough crew that I can spend most of the winter riding and only head south to check in on them once in a while. My aim is for 3,000 miles to be a shitty year lol

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Be a finerest winter aboard a R-XC... :news:

I’m thinking if I end up with one next, I’m gonna swap out the gearing, clutching and skis off from this one (prolly increase resale anyway).Pretty sure I’ve got this for another season though....it’s so sweet!  And looks meaner than an RXC!!!

BOOYAH!!!