Official 2018-2019 sledding post

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

OMG, both of you should join us for the journey :lol: :lol:

:lol:

The end of ones journey ....and I ain’t going on that saddlebag shit.  But, you bring him to me and I’ll buy your gas for the ride!

:bc:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The end of ones journey ....and I ain’t going on that saddlebag shit.  But, you bring him to me and I’ll buy your gas for the ride!

:bc:

Has anyone ever called you Tarzan before :lol:

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

That pussy would never make it :lmao: @Zambroski you talk like Tarzan and back it up like Jane :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well unfortunately you can't just ride into Ontario from Minnesota unless you have a remote border pass, which takes several weeks to get after applying for it and we just pulled the trigger on this trip two weeks ago; so that leaves us starting in Ft. Frances and going east to Atikokan then north to Sioux Lookout.

Options on the way back are to enter MN via LOW and check into US Customs in Warroad, or go to Atikokan to hit the trail in Namakan Lake and  then check into customs at Crane Lake, with those options it would be a cab ride from Intl. Falls to Ft. Frances to get the truck and trailer. More than likely I'll ride along the north side of the Rainy River because I never have, and with that we will either load in in FF or do Atikokan and the cab ride.

You’re way NW.  We fish north of Silver Dollar every June/July so I’m familiar with the area.  Curious what you think of the trip/trails. 

Got another ride in yesterday before the warm and rain hits.

Trailered an hour and a half north to open trails and clocked up 250kms.

Only pic I took was our lunch stop.

Ted’s Range Road Diner. Popular stop for sledders. Menu includes Elk, Bison, Venison and Longhorn Burgers.

5BF8F451-3BBA-4F81-8EFD-E405F7D08692.thumb.jpeg.5ae90a53a526c5061ff4ca20564333af.jpeg

• Like 7

We left from home and met a couple friends at their place down the road. We rode up to Whitney,fueled up,stopped for lunch and rode back home. We put on 309kms (191 miles) and the trails were pretty good albeit about 60kms of whooped out washboard. Buddies wife"s sled (900 Ace) sipped fuel,our 600 carb"d Gades didn't do too bad and buddies 1200 Gade burnt a little more than us. All in all it was a good day

Edited by smokin george
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We left from home and met a couple friends at their place down the road. We rode up to Whitney,fueled up,stopped for lunch and rode back home. We put on 309kms (191 miles) and the trails were pretty good albeit about 60kms of whooped out washboard. Buddies wife"s sled (900 Ace) sipped fuel,our 600 carb"d Gades didn't do too bad and buddies 1200 Gade burnt a little more than us. All in all it was a good day

Have an ouzo old man. You must be hurtin'....lol

31 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

That pussy would never make it :lmao: @Zambroski you talk like Tarzan and back it up like Jane :lol: 

Because sitting on a seat and holding a little flipper is tough. Tell me again about this epic boonin’ You were doing at 11,000 feet.  Where was that again?

Lying fucking Tool Kit.  A nobody.  A loser. A coward.

23 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Tarzan no.  Jane yes.  :lmao: 

Nice chin.  I’m almost scared to punch it.  My fist would go right through you face and through a tiny spine.

Coward, big mouthed, lying idiot. Hey, nice job having all your personal info all over the web...and your work place and address.

What a fucking idiot.

56 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Have an ouzo old man. You must be hurtin'....lol

As should you be, old man! :lol:

250KM, I thought you were just saying not so long ago, sleds are going back in storage for the year :news: 

23 minutes ago, Stoney said:

As should you be, old man! :lol:

250KM, I thought you were just saying not so long ago, sleds are going back in storage for the year :news: 

Ya, I did have them put away but there was an opportunity for one more ride yesterday so I went. Doubt there will be any riding with in 4 hours of me after this weekend rain and I can't be away from home any more this season.

I went to a museum today to check out an exhibit and tomorrow I'm going to a collectors show, so ya, I'm definitely old now.

Hadn't been in a museum since I went on my kid's  3rd grade field trip 18 years ago/

Edited by Blackstar

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, I did have them put away but there was an opportunity for one more ride yesterday so I went. Doubt there will be any riding with in 4 hours of me after this weekend rain and I can't be away from home any more this season.

I went to a museum today to check out an exhibit and tomorrow I'm going to a collectors show, so ya, I'm definitely old now.

Hadn't been in a museum since I went on my kid's  3rd grade field trip 18 years ago/

Did you enjoy the museum?  Are you suddenly becoming more friendly to owning a minivan and taking up golf?  These are serious questions.

• Haha 1

Last Sunday in the UP.   This is on the trail, not a plowed road.  Trail had a solid 2-3' base too.

IMG_1128.thumb.jpg.2f6275c849304aebd7b66fefe5d74501.jpg

That's my 18 year old who is 6' 4 1/2". Shit ton of snow up there, and they are expecting another 2'+ in the next couple of weeks.  We'll be riding well into April again this year. 

• Like 5