Official 2018-2019 sledding post

20 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Best balanced 4 stroke I’ve ever ridden out of the two Yams and 12 procross chassis.  Super refined, smooth, quiet no issues w mine at all at 1600 miles, other than it being a little soft. Best thing I like is the power delivery on the trails. If you know how to ride a 4 stroke, ride deeper into corners, using the engine braking, etc., it’sreally effective.  Honest 105 out of the box, and power is right now, the power is made across a wide rev range.  Consistently use 20% or so less gas too which added up in Canada where gas is ridiculously expensive.  Does ether than you’d think offtrail too will carry good track speed in almost any condition.  I may throw a 1.75 and better shocks on it in the off season. 

37290573-16C1-4D64-830C-83955A051526.jpeg

7375E5A3-DF4B-4E9E-8B71-23F94EF65F77.jpeg

19 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Oxygen cord w adjustable heat control.  Magnetizes itself to back of helmet ala Apple power cord.  Pretty slick.

Thanks for the report on the sled, Drift. Sounds like a nice machine. Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is an oxygen cord? Is it for a health issue or something else? I've never heard of one before. 

1 minute ago, irv said:

Thanks for the report on the sled, Drift. Sounds like a nice machine. Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is an oxygen cord? Is it for a health issue or something else? I've never heard of one before. 

Oxygen is the new BRP helmet,  unlike the BV2S which prides itself on not needing to be plugged in this one makes you look like you out for a spacewalk but gets great reviews.  

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Heated helmet.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Oxygen is the new BRP helmet,  unlike the BV2S which prides itself on not needing to be plugged in this one makes you look like you out for a spacewalk but gets great reviews.  

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Heated helmet.  

Thanks guys. Never even thought it had anything to do with the helmet. Looks way too big/bulky/long compared to a regular heated shield cord so I wasn't even thinking that. 

Just now, irv said:

Thanks guys. Never even thought it had anything to do with the helmet. Looks way too big/bulky/long compared to a regular heated shield cord so I wasn't even thinking that. 

Though with the riding they do and wolfies advanced age, he may need the oxygen cord :lol: I kid Wolfie :bc: 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Thanks for the link Dave. I was going to read up on it with the article you posted but decided against it. That is one long article! I don't imagine that helmet is cheap? 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, irv said:

Thanks for the link Dave. I was going to read up on it with the article you posted but decided against it. That is one long article! I don't imagine that helmet is cheap? 

I believe its 799 nook bucks 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, irv said:

Don’t kid yourself.  It’s the best trail setup I’ve ever run.  It does need to be plugged in or it’s useless, but the cord is a big stretchy magnetic connector that you just aim at the rear of the helmet and like an Apple laptop, the cord just magnetizes itself to the helmet.  Nothing to potentially rip out like a normal shield cord.  The heat is adjustable, which heats both shields, and helmet itself.  There are two closable w glove vents if you want cool air w the heat.  Helmet is way lighter than a BV2s, and no dependency on breakable wires for heat.  Very cool 4”  led light on rear for following at night or in snow dust.  removeable noise cancelling ear cups for plugging tunes or communicators-very quiet draft free helmet.  Wider field of vision not that was ever an issue.  With shield up, easy to communicate, have a drink or chew or smoke.   On trail experience is pretty much awesome.  Not sure about off trail but we rode for years with a BV2s and it’s certainly no worse than that.  Nits:  neck sleeve in the helmet means you really should put the helmet on first before a tekvest midlayer and outer layer.  Upside is zero draft and quieter overall.  Standard sun shade is smoked, should be yellow or amber like the BV2s for low light conditions.  If you warm up, then stop and turn off power to helmet, takes a few mins for tinted shield to clear off so you can see through it, so you have to just leave it up for a bit.  And I’ve found that you usually have to keep heat on high to keep the shields clear but they do stay clear.  Overall pretty awesome setup and don’t want to sound like a broken record, but I think it’s a game changer at least for trail riding.  Yes it’s expensive

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Don’t kid yourself.  It’s the best trail setup I’ve ever run.  It does need to be plugged in or it’s useless, but the cord is a big stretchy magnetic connector that you just aim at the rear of the helmet and like an Apple laptop, the cord just magnetizes itself to the helmet.  Nothing to potentially rip out like a normal shield cord.  The heat is adjustable, which heats both shields, and helmet itself.  There are two closable w glove vents if you want cool air w the heat.  Helmet is way lighter than a BV2s, and no dependency on breakable wires for heat.  Very cool 4”  led light on rear for following at night or in snow dust.  removeable noise cancelling ear cups for plugging tunes or communicators-very quiet draft free helmet.  Wider field of vision not that was ever an issue.  With shield up, easy to communicate, have a drink or chew or smoke.   On trail experience is pretty much awesome.  Not sure about off trail but we rode for years with a BV2s and it’s certainly no worse than that.  Nits:  neck sleeve in the helmet means you really should put the helmet on first before a tekvest midlayer and outer layer.  Upside is zero draft and quieter overall.  Standard sun shade is smoked, should be yellow or amber like the BV2s for low light conditions.  If you warm up, then stop and turn off power to helmet, takes a few mins for tinted shield to clear off so you can see through it, so you have to just leave it up for a bit.  And I’ve found that you usually have to keep heat on high to keep the shields clear but they do stay clear.  Overall pretty awesome setup and don’t want to sound like a broken record, but I think it’s a game changer at least for trail riding.  Yes it’s expensive

Sounds like a great helmet, DB. :bc: I guess I don't pay much attention to all the latest greatest anymore as I had never even heard of them before. (as you can likely tell by my original earlier comments)

The worse thing I hate is fogged lens. I wore a No-Fog for years or until I smartened up and went with an E Shield. Looking back, I am not sure why I waiting so long? That helmet of your's sounds really nice and despite the extra cost of it compared to others, sounds like it's worth every penny. :thumb:

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

To be fair the vents don't let cool air in for shit. They're more for letting moisture out from my experience. If I want fresh air I don't click the face shield all the way shut. Also medium heat has worked fine for me as long as it's above 10f, I'm guessing low will be good enough once it nears 30f but I haven't ridden with it in temps that warm yet.

I have the opportunity to buy a Polaris demo sled, that Snow Tech had for a year for testing and reviews. It’s a 18 800 Assault, and they believe it has 1800 on it. Pro’s : it’s still under a factory warranty, it has all of the spendy oem bolt ons, never been wrecked or any problems, and I can get it for just under 8k. Cons: no electric start and it has the 2” track, not the 1.6. It won’t be available for another week, so I have time to think about it. I believe it’s the orange one in the picture.

5637D816-22A3-4588-AAA6-1ED997EBC8DF.jpeg

• Like 1

Put on 175 miles today and still got home by 4pm. Great trails in the morning, clapped out trails on the way home.

On the plus side I beat some 850's in the twisties. I'm following my dad at a moderate pace when a Renegade and a Poo 850 pass me, instead of letting them by my dad just got on the gas, a mile or two later I was in front of all three of them. I was really tempted to wait at the next intersection and point at my 600r decal :lol: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Put on 175 miles today and still got home by 4pm. Great trails in the morning, clapped out trails on the way home.

On the plus side I beat some 850's in the twisties. I'm following my dad at a moderate pace when a Renegade and a Poo 850 pass me, instead of letting them by my dad just got on the gas, a mile or two later I was in front of all three of them. I was really tempted to wait at the next intersection and point at my 600r decal :lol: 

No you didnt

• Haha 2