Official 2018-2019 sledding post

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks for the advice...I kind of wondered what Zderpski was talking about but just chalked it up to...well....him being Zderspski! 😂

I will ride it some and maybe hand it off to my daughter next winter...she went for a trail ride with her roommate and boyfriend and enjoyed it even though they had her on a spare sled....96 or 97 Mach 1...she order slow so no worries but she said her thumb hurt and it was hard to steer. :lmao:

Take advice from whomever you see fit.  :lol: 

7 hours ago, Reevester said:

It's a ctec 800 famous for their flamethrower muffler. Melted the muffler guard and belly pan. That fucking thing ran on snowdust for 500 miles. :lol:

I've never heard that before. What's the reason(s) behind that, short exhaust system, they run rich and is there a fix? Certainly something I wouldn't like to own knowing it causes damage. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Take advice from whomever you see fit.  :lol: 

I appreciate all advice but I'm planning on buying 3-4 year old used sled with an eye towards parting it out.   :pan:

11 minutes ago, irv said:

I've never heard that before. What's the reason(s) behind that, short exhaust system, they run rich and is there a fix? Certainly something I wouldn't like to own knowing it causes damage. 

Mapping issue I would think. They put a big spark arrestor in them now I believe. Some do it some don't.

Edited by Reevester
  • Like 1

Things I learned here

You dont need studs but if you do pre studded tracks are more than you need

New 600cc sleds should be parted at if they are past 3k miles

Sweet fuck the average IQ around here dips below 3 digits if Dave or Derpski are posting

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Things I learned here

Sweet fuck the average IQ around here dips below 3 digits if Dave or Derpski are posting

What else are you "learning"?  

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Things I learned here

I was trying to save gs money.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I was trying to save gs money.

By making his sled devoid of traction?

Those junko ice ripper fetch good money from know nothing retards. All he needs is 96 long studs up the middle and he will be happy

Edited by f7ben

8 minutes ago, irv said:

Fuel calibration to meet emissions.  They are programed lean.  Start to detect detonation and throw fuel into the mix.  It takes a little extra effort to manage them if you run hard for long runs.  Basically, you have to slow down/cool egts, before you stop.  You can also blow/cool, the exhaust with a good throttle burst.  It is counterintuitive for many riders to use throttle for cooling.  Racers are used to the practice.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

By making his sled devoid of traction?

Those junko ice ripper fetch good money from know nothing retards. All he needs is 96 long studs up the middle and he will be happy

Ya and his track will be fd in no time

19 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya and his track will be fd in no time

Running studs up the middle, or am I missing something?

I've owned my Vector now for 9yrs and my XLT has been studded for 6-7 and not one pullout or damage anywhere. If one uses common sense and doesn't gas it on asphalt or crossing roads/railway crossings, they will last a long long time. Normally the studs will need replacing long before the tracks will, but I guess that is also dependent on the quality/thickness of the track? 

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Running studs up the middle, or am I missing something?

I've owned my Vector now for 9yrs and my XLT has been studded for 6-7 and not one pullout or damage anywhere. If one uses common sense and doesn't gas it on asphalt or crossing roads/railway crossings, they will last a long long time. Normally the studs will need replacing long before the tracks will, but I guess that is also dependent on the quality/thickness of the track? 

Jmo irv...i always had a few pull through every yr. And watch gs's vid...thats the kinda shit that will tear studs bigtime and that sled probably has the originally cheap track to boot 

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Was a bit icey last weekend in Northern VT. 3 studded sleds , one unstudded. 240 mile ride for the 3 studded. 249 miles on the unstudded.

He had to keep coming back looking for you guys im guessing...

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Long 64mi ride,..One of my buddies had problem after problem, had to get towed out..

IMG_20190217_095755222_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190217_095744361.jpg

IMG_20190217_095757653_HDR.jpg

That stinks...at least the sun is out.:thumbsup:

Was it the dude with high mile Assault?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That stinks...at least the sun is out.:thumbsup:

Was it the dude with high mile Assault?

Thanks Jim, no he was the tow vehicle, my buddy with the red switchback, first blew the electrode right off the plug(champion plugs suck? Gave him a set of my NGK's,..then he had a coolant leak, fixed that, then a broken wire that was not fixable and sled would not run, the wire was on the fuel pump I believe, I didn't get a good look at it..

My riding season is soooo in the toilet this winter..I got like 215mi total..grrrr