Official 2018-2019 sledding post

11 hours ago, Edmo said:

I have a couple apex buds that love that eps. They’re on the edge of their seat right now waiting for Yamaha to come out with something new.

They both have like 10k on their sleds.

LOL. Many Yamaha riders have been on the edge of their seats for 10 yrs now! I will be shocked if they actually come out with something new on their own.

19 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Does your vector have power steering? sorry I didnt see your above post. So it doesnt have power steering.. I can say this,, Coming off a 121" and 129"Nytro and going to a 137" 2 stroke.. My nytro probably takes 80% more steering effort than my 137" polaris.. I never have sore shoulders anymore..

The Nytro was kind of a bitch to steer because of the steering post angle not being vertical like most sleds. I had an 09 121”.

21 hours ago, irv said:

If I go the 2 stroke route I'd most likely stick with 600 class sleds. I still haven't taken a 1200 Doo with R-Motion for a ride yet but would definitely do so prior to making any sort of a purchase. I'd also like to try a 900 T just to see what those are like as well but I also want to stick with a 129 skid, nothing longer, or else I'd be into a new trailer as well. 

Check out the regular NA 900 ace too. Most people who come from 600’s and vectors seem to be satisfied with the power. They are quite a bit lighter than a vector and 1200 so they handle much better. I have a 137” 1200 now and I love the sled but I ride a lot of tight and twisty trails and it will wear you out a bit on a 100+ mile day. The 900 turbo isn’t any lighter either.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, rump-rider said:

The Nytro was kind of a bitch to steer because of the steering post angle not being vertical like most sleds. I had an 09 121”.

Yeah, I put Slicast a-arms on mine to remedy that issue somewhat.

I found this sled last night and was doing some searching on HCS and I found an old thread and Tony you posted an article that showed the Viper wet weight is real close to the XF SnoPro wet weight....2015 models. 

Basically the same as a Viper correct?

https://nmi.craigslist.org/snw/d/gaylord-2015-arctic-cat-xf-7000-high/6817255322.html

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I found this sled last night and was doing some searching on HCS and I found an old thread and Tony you posted an article that showed the Viper wet weight is real close to the XF SnoPro wet weight....2015 models. 

Basically the same as a Viper correct?

https://nmi.craigslist.org/snw/d/gaylord-2015-arctic-cat-xf-7000-high/6817255322.html

Correct, only difference would be clutching and tune in ECU..

Yeah, there is only like a 9lb difference or something silly, always exaggerated out to be like a 100lbs or something..:lol:

Edited by Rigid1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Correct, only difference would be clutching and tune in ECU..

Yeah, there is only like a 13lb difference or something silly, always exaggerated out to be like a 100lbs or something..:lol:

I was really surprised when I saw that article...there is a lot of good stuff on HCS if a guy does some looking. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Geez, jimmy, 1300mi on it too..

I know...basically new for a 4 stroke...right?  Never owned a 4 stroke and the only one I rode was a buddy's 2008 Nytro RTX and that thing was sketchy as fuck! :hiding:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know...basically new for a 4 stroke...right?  Never owned a 4 stroke and the only one I rode was a buddy's 2008 Nytro RTX and that thing was sketchy as fuck! :hiding:

At 2500mi it will pick up some speed and is half broken in, at 5k that motor is fully broken in and will pick up a lot of speed,..The cat chassis will have fallen apart by then....:lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

At 2500mi it will pick up some speed and is half broken in, at 5k that motor is fully broken in and will pick up a lot of speed,..The cat chassis will have fallen apart by then....:lol:

😂

Must be why the Vipers are always more money!

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Check out the regular NA 900 ace too. Most people who come from 600’s and vectors seem to be satisfied with the power. They are quite a bit lighter than a vector and 1200 so they handle much better. I have a 137” 1200 now and I love the sled but I ride a lot of tight and twisty trails and it will wear you out a bit on a 100+ mile day. The 900 turbo isn’t any lighter either.

Although I have never taken a 900 for a test boot, I have read countless times they are slow and lethargic, especially on the top end? My Vector is no rocket but it does have some get up and go, imo. I've put an Ulmer clutch kit on it, which woke it up a bit, plus a bunch of other stuff so for me to upgrade I want to make sure it will be worth the money to do so. A few years ago I took a 4 stroke Yammi/Cat for a test drive and although it was nice, somewhat, there wasn't enough of a difference to me to drop 8 to 10 g's. I could not believe how cheap it felt as well, which I think, compared to my Vector, most are likely that way nowadays though? 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love my Vector's 4 stroke engine. Lots of power, amazing gas mileage, no injector oil to worry about, no smell, and basically a bulletproof worry free engine. The only downside, imo, is the weight but under way that weight difference is negligible unless you're in the tight and twisties like I normally ride. I think some of my beefs, especially now with my semi bum shoulder is that I put a too aggressive carbide on it? I chose 8" Bergstrom triple points but I think I may have been better off with 6" inhers instead? :dunno: 

8 minutes ago, irv said:

Although I have never taken a 900 for a test boot, I have read countless times they are slow and lethargic, especially on the top end? My Vector is no rocket but it does have some get up and go, imo. I've put an Ulmer clutch kit on it, which woke it up a bit, plus a bunch of other stuff so for me to upgrade I want to make sure it will be worth the money to do so. A few years ago I took a 4 stroke Yammi/Cat for a test drive and although it was nice, somewhat, there wasn't enough of a difference to me to drop 8 to 10 g's. I could not believe how cheap it felt as well, which I think, compared to my Vector, most are likely that way nowadays though? 

I love my Vector's 4 stroke engine. Lots of power, amazing gas mileage, no injector oil to worry about, no smell, and basically a bulletproof worry free engine. The only downside, imo, is the weight but under way that weight difference is negligible unless you're in the tight and twisties like I normally ride. I think some of my beefs, especially now with my semi bum shoulder is that I put a too aggressive carbide on it? I chose 8" Bergstrom triple points but I think I may have been better off with 6" inhers instead? :dunno: 

My buddies wife has the 900 ACE and I'm going to try it out of curiosity myself. She motors thru the tight/twisty trails and gets along on the open stretches. I have blown by her on the lakes at the top end and mines only the carb"d 600. As far as the r-motion goes if I ever decide to keep sledding and upgrade it"ll have to be that skid

28 minutes ago, irv said:

If your a trail rider who wants to cruise and dont care about corner to corner speed they are great. I was happy to get on a 1200 after a day on the 900...the 900 was ok.

12 minutes ago, smokin george said:

My buddies wife has the 900 ACE and I'm going to try it out of curiosity myself. She motors thru the tight/twisty trails and gets along on the open stretches. I have blown by her on the lakes at the top end and mines only the carb"d 600. As far as the r-motion goes if I ever decide to keep sledding and upgrade it"ll have to be that skid

What I thought might be the case. Although I want better suspension and handling, going backwards powerwise is definitely out. 

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

If your a trail rider who wants to cruise and dont care about corner to corner speed they are great. I was happy to get on a 1200 after a day on the 900...the 900 was ok.

I ride somewhat aggressive most times so if it is not snappy corner to corner I am pretty sure I would be disappointed with one. If George's or others 600's can walk them, then I am definitely not interested. 

10 hours ago, irv said:

What I thought might be the case. Although I want better suspension and handling, going backwards powerwise is definitely out. 

I ride somewhat aggressive most times so if it is not snappy corner to corner I am pretty sure I would be disappointed with one. If George's or others 600's can walk them, then I am definitely not interested. 

Aggressive on a vector? Just kidding Irv.  If you get a chance, try a 900 non turbo in sport.  I think the newer Gen 4 one has 95hp but it's torquey for what it is.   It's not a top end rocket but I think you'd enjoy it and the ride.  It's well balanced compared the  the 1200.  But the 1200 is faster 

Just now, Kev144 said:

Aggressive on a vector? Just kidding Irv.  If you get a chance, try a 900 non turbo in sport.  I think the newer Gen 4 one has 95hp but it's torquey for what it is.   It's not a top end rocket but I think you'd enjoy it and the ride.  It's well balanced compared the  the 1200.  But the 1200 is faster 

Actually i didnt like the fact that it wasnt as balanced as the 1200.

:dunno:

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

I'm not a first guy across the lake type of rider but if it is comparable in power/torque to my Vector then I am interested. The majority of my trails are on the tight and twisty side but there are some good areas occasionally where there is some good wide open running as well, which I enjoy. Sounds like the turbo would be more to my liking?

HPIM1349 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0143 (Large).JPG

IMG_0144 (Large).JPG

IMG_1723.JPG