Official 2018-2019 sledding post

17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

yeah, a 137 definitely wont fit in a 10', a 129" will though..

137 fit in a 10 foot trailer.  as long as it is the newer style clamshell top.  push the skis up as far as possible.  I have had a 136/137 sled since 05 and until this current POS trailer i bought always had them in 10 footers.  

I will say the 12 is much nicer,  amazing how much room is in this one i have

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

137 fit in a 10 foot trailer.  as long as it is the newer style clamshell top.  push the skis up as far as possible.  I have had a 136/137 sled since 05 and until this current POS trailer i bought always had them in 10 footers.  

I will say the 12 is much nicer,  amazing how much room is in this one i have

My 10' trailer had a vertical enclosure in the front, it didnt jut out at all. so it was a legit 10' only..

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My 10' trailer had a vertical enclosure in the front, it didnt jut out at all. so it was a legit 10' only..

shell design makes a huge difference,  even the early clams were an issue as the straight front didn't let you pull the new style sleds up far enough.  fortunately mine was the second year the company i bought it from was doing the double dump to get room.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Nope the 900 non turbo comes in 129 and up.  Buddy has a 16 blizzard with a 129 r motion.  Nice sled.  

Good to know! :bc:

36 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

yeah, a 137 definitely wont fit in a 10', a 129" will though..

Also good to know. :bc:  

IMG_0170 (Large).JPG

IMG_0171 (Large).JPG

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

shell design makes a huge difference,  even the early clams were an issue as the straight front didn't let you pull the new style sleds up far enough.  fortunately mine was the second year the company i bought it from was doing the double dump to get room.  

I'm not sure why anyone would buy a 10 footer these days.  We've had a 12 since 98 a tomco

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I'm not sure why anyone would buy a 10 footer these days.  We've had a 12 since 98 a tomco

When I purchased mine, the only sled I had at the time was my old XLT. I was tired of travelling with my sled in the back of my p/u and with mainly riding with my bud and talking trailers, I decided to purchase the one I did. Unknown to me at the time, 121's were the norm and 137's or Snow King Special type sleds were still fairly new to the market and most didn't think they'd last or catch on. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I have the same trailer as that , right down to the rear door. 137 fits in it.

Good to know. I believe it would be super tight, however? 

2 minutes ago, irv said:

When I purchased mine, the only sled I had at the time was my old XLT. I was tired of travelling with my sled in the back of my p/u and with mainly riding with my bud and talking trailers, I decided to purchase the one I did. Unknown to me at the time, 121's were the norm and 137's or Snow King Special type sleds were still fairly new to the market and most didn't think they'd last or catch on. 

Good to know. I believe it would be super tight, however? 

If you get a 137 polairs switchback it will fit in there perfectly :snack: :lol: 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

If you get a 137 polairs switchback it will fit in there perfectly :snack: :lol: 

No need for a 137" anything as I strictly trail ride. I've heard they bridge the bumps a lot better but makes for a bit harder steering? A 129, like has been mentioned numerous times, is about the best so that is likely what I'd stick with.  

i sometimes trailer north in a buddys 10ftr like that and my poo 144 fits TIGHTLY.   but he added lumber to raise the skis up that  allows them to go 

all the way forward into the curve of the top..  my snow flap will still grab the top going up and needs to be pushed out of the way to open freely , but it does fit!

Edited by old indy

1 minute ago, irv said:

No need for a 137" anything as I strictly trail ride. I've heard they bridge the bumps a lot better but makes for a bit harder steering? A 129, like has been mentioned numerous times, is about the best so that is likely what I'd stick with.  

I was just bugging you about a poo.  The 137 poos track is closer forward than doo or cat so the overall sled length is the same as a 129.   I have a 137 and find it rides nice.   It's a bit harder in the tight stuff but not much.  :bc: Hooks up and rides the bumps better imo 

Just now, irv said:

The 137" is so much better on the trail than my 129" that i thought was incredible compared to my 121"..

10 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I was just bugging you about a poo.  The 137 poos track is closer forward than doo or cat so the overall sled length is the same as a 129.   I have a 137 and find it rides nice.   It's a bit harder in the tight stuff but not much.  :bc: Hooks up and rides the bumps better imo 

I figured as much. :bc:  I forgot about them not being the same overall length between manu's despite the skid length. Something to keep in mind when and if the time comes. 

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The 137" is so much better on the trail than my 129" that i thought was incredible compared to my 121"..

I have heard great things about the ride with a 137 but eventually you pay for it in the shoulders? I have a semi bad right shoulder so something that is easy/easier to steer is also important to me. Riding my Vector is definitely not helping my shoulder any, especially on the trails I normally ride, so if and when I get a new one, ride and handling will be paramount. 

4 minutes ago, irv said:

I figured as much. :bc:  I forgot about them not being the same overall length between manu's despite the skid length. Something to keep in mind when and if the time comes. 

I have heard great things about the ride with a 137 but eventually you pay for it in the shoulders? I have a semi bad right shoulder so something that is easy/easier to steer is also important to me. Riding my Vector is definitely not helping my shoulder any, especially on the trails I normally ride, so if and when I get a new one, ride and handling will be paramount. 

I am feeling that with the Cat, that is why I'm giving the Elka's fronts a shot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Dale, my dad has a bad shoulder as well from a fall at work years ago.  Every so often it bugs him but he's still riding a 137 with a neck brace (keeps the head/helmet weight off the neck 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Dale, my dad has a bad shoulder as well from a fall at work years ago.  Every so often it bugs him but he's still riding a 137 with a neck brace (keeps the head/helmet weight off the neck 

Has he tried different length skids/sleds? The EPS Yammies I took for a ride a few years ago were sweet! Almost zero effort wheeling one around and the improvements with their suspension almost had me trading my Vector in. I honestly think if we got more snow around these parts and my son wasn't playing hockey like he was at that time, I'd most likely be on a EPS Vector/Apex already. 

4 minutes ago, irv said:

Does your vector have power steering? sorry I didnt see your above post. So it doesnt have power steering.. I can say this,, Coming off a 121" and 129"Nytro and going to a 137" 2 stroke.. My nytro probably takes 80% more steering effort than my 137" polaris.. I never have sore shoulders anymore..

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 1

Just now, DAVE said:

Wasnt that apex only?

Im not sure, I thought they put it on a vector the next year after it was put on the apex. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Rigid1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Im not sure, ZI thought they put it on a vector the next year after it was put on the apex. I could be wrong though.

Google says 2012 was first yr on vector.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Google says 2012 was first yr on vector.

And I think it was 2010 for the Apex's? Despite all the skeptics and haters when it first came out, it was definitely a game changer as it made those long rides not seem so long anymore. My sled, being a non EPS sled is a great sled for big open trails like in Quebec, etc, but in the tight twisties like I mostly have around here, it can wear you out pretty good after a long days ride. My age is definitely a factor now as well. When I first purchased it it was a huge upgrade from my XLT but now with my shoulder, I really feel the heaviness of it more and more. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, irv said:

Has he tried different length skids/sleds? The EPS Yammies I took for a ride a few years ago were sweet! Almost zero effort wheeling one around and the improvements with their suspension almost had me trading my Vector in. I honestly think if we got more snow around these parts and my son wasn't playing hockey like he was at that time, I'd most likely be on a EPS Vector/Apex already. 

He's been on 136/7 for about 2012.  He prefers the hookup and long track on the trail.  Most folks agree as the 121 is basically non existing anymore in lineups except for polaris which i am sure will drop soon 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, irv said:

And I think it was 2010 for the Apex's? Despite all the skeptics and haters when it first came out, it was definitely a game changer as it made those long rides not seem so long anymore. My sled, being a non EPS sled is a great sled for big open trails like in Quebec, etc, but in the tight twisties like I mostly have around here, it can wear you out pretty good after a long days ride. My age is definitely a factor now as well. When I first purchased it it was a huge upgrade from my XLT but now with my shoulder, I really feel the heaviness of it more and more. 

I have a couple apex buds that love that eps. They’re on the edge of their seat right now waiting for Yamaha to come out with something new.

They both have like 10k on their sleds.

802B95A4-D195-46C4-BD36-7D268447CB2E.png

• Like 1