Official 2018-2019 sledding post

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Oh fuck right off. 

It’s all a fucking hoax. 

If it was real those pushing the agenda would be changing their ways. But nope they just continue to increase their carbon output. 

-60 wind chills in Chicago tomorrow....how is that a hoax or an agenda you stupid motherfucker? It's called a weather forecast and something that hasn't happened in two decades.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

-60 wind chills in Chicago tomorrow....how is that a hoax or an agenda you stupid motherfucker? It's called a weather forecast and something that hasn't happened in two decades.

WTF? Are you losing it? 2 decades, oh the horror, I promise you it's been worse than that prior to the 100 years we've been keeping records. Because we're going to have a few days of record breaking cold suddenly it has to be due to glo"bull" warming, get a grip.

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

WTF? Are you losing it? 2 decades, oh the horror, I promise you it's been worse than that prior to the 100 years we've been keeping records. Because we're going to have a few days of record breaking cold suddenly it has to be due to glo"bull" warming, get a grip.

I'm not losing anything and I haven't mentioned MMGW/Climate Change  once nor have any of the forecasts I have seen. Gummy went off the rails because this weather pattern is called a Polar Vortex (for good reason) and started screaming about scams and hoaxes and apparently you are doing the same thing. 

22 hours ago, snopro31 said:

climate change

21 hours ago, snopro31 said:

tomorrow it will be called polar vortex.

in reality its normal january weather

21 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What say you Canadians....is -50 normal January weather? 

BTW the term Polar Vortex is definition for a weather pattern that is measurable and observable....not just made up as you are implying. 

14 hours ago, snopro31 said:

So what did they call it decades ago when it was that cold? 

Thats a question that those that are pushing the hoax just can't answer. 

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They've always had names for these kinds of weather patterns and calling it a Polar Votex has nothing to do with pushing an agenda you dolt.

7 hours ago, snopro31 said:

Oh fuck right off. 

It’s all a fucking hoax. 

If it was real those pushing the agenda would be changing their ways. But nope they just continue to increase their carbon output. 

The climate is changing...it's a natural cycle but Gummy is the one that brought it up and all I said is that this is not normal January weather. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The climate is changing...it's a natural cycle but Gummy is the one that brought it up and all I said is that this is not normal January weather. 

Yes is it.  At one time the poles were tropical and where we are had miles of ice beneath our feet.  All normal.

Goddamn I'm  so over Craigslist and the people it attracts that want sleds....Fucking time to just flog this TNT like Ben said and quit being a buying and selling degenerate! 😂

Apparently when you tell someone you absolutely need 3000 out of a sled it's a signal for them to offer 2500 CASH.....well no shit Chachi I don't accept marbles, returnables or your rusted out Ford Ranger!!!!!!!!!:ronald:

And 2500 sure as fuck ain't 3000 there Copernicus! 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

The biggest problem with selling a $3000 sled is the only person that wants one is someone with $2000

That about sums it up.....I had a younger local kid come look at it this morning and he had a dude...his boss... about my age with him that I sort of know. Dude is just one of those guys that thinks he knows everything and he starts poking around the sled which is on dollies....pushes down on the back bumper and immediately tells the kid the rear shock is blown, blah, blah.....I tell him to take it off the dollies and try it...Shocks are fairly fresh from Monster so of course there is nothing wrong with them. Sled also has a BMP Can on it and I don't have the stock muffler...now granted the DNR is cracking down but he is telling the kid that even if he passes a cop car while he's riding the ditch he'll get pulled over and get a ticket...just stupid bullshit.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That about sums it up.....I had a younger local kid come look at it this morning and he had a dude...his boss... about my age with him that I sort of know. Dude is just one of those guys that thinks he knows everything and he starts poking around the sled which is on dollies....pushes down on the back bumper and immediately tells the kid the rear shock is blown, blah, blah.....I tell him to take it off the dollies and try it...Shocks are fairly fresh from Monster so of course there is nothing wrong with them. Sled also has a BMP Can on it and I don't have the stock muffler...now granted the DNR is cracking down but he is telling the kid that even if he passes a cop car while he's riding the ditch he'll get pulled over and get a ticket...just stupid bullshit.

Sold my 2012 pro r with high miles couple weeks back. Wasn't too bad

Sled before that was a 2003 xcr 800. Ended up telling the kid, fuck it . I still like the sled . If I don't get my number I'll keep it.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Sold my 2012 pro r with high miles couple weeks back. Wasn't too bad

Sled before that was a 2003 xcr 800. Ended up telling the kid, fuck it . I still like the sled . If I don't get my number I'll keep it.

Exactly....I really have had some good experiences selling sleds....and there have been a few....but lately it's been stupid. 😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly....I really have had some good experiences selling sleds....and there have been a few....but lately it's been stupid. 😂

Will you trade it for a used pair of sneakers and a tennis racget 

Guy sent me a pic of a box of parts and wanted to trade it for my sled. Said it was a go cart. :lol: I told him get it running and get back to me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i need to change my ad to say no trades,  SMH on the crap some people want to trade.  

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Hate the will you accept trades when I specify no trades.  I have to assume kids.   I just respond yes I'll trade for (asking amount) cash. 

I always specify sled trades and even list specific models....doesn't seem to matter.😂

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Hate the will you accept trades when I specify no trades.  I have to assume kids.   I just respond yes I'll trade for (asking amount) cash. 

Im always up for a trade...but only if its worth more then what im selling.

Paperclip for a house? 

Some people just love to trade.

BTW, It has been a strange year for riding.  More freezing rain than I can recall.  Now, riding in super cold.  Probably going to be playing in freezing rain again by end of the week.  Thank god for decent gear. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly....I really have had some good experiences selling sleds....and there have been a few....but lately it's been stupid😂

When you buy and sell as much as you do sooner or later you run into a handful of people who are a complete douches. Sometimes I think those people are just one click above Cro-Magnon man. :lmao:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So what did the professional hoaxers call it 2 decades ago?  Was it global warming? Was it climate change?

No. They called it a cold day in Chicago. 

5 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

So what did the professional hoaxers call it 2 decades ago?  Was it global warming? Was it climate change?

No. They called it a cold day in Chicago. 

Who is calling it any of those things now other than you....show me on the doll where the Polar Vortex touched you. 😂

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Who is calling it any of those things now other than you....show me on the doll where the Polar Vortex touched you😂

Well ummm , well , it used to be right here, but for some reason it's gone.