Official 2018-2019 sledding post

On 1/21/2019 at 10:33 PM, irv said:

That is what is going to kill snowmobiling here in Ontario. Every year, just when you think you've seen it all, more stupidity shows up. I honestly don't know how people can be so stupid nowadays? I know they have always been around, but their numbers have exploded like mad it seems! :wall:

https://www.nugget.ca/news/local-news/permission-revoked-for-popular-snowmobile-trail 

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

Took a nice jaunt today.  A bit of fresh snow and already tracked up good from yesterday.  I was a bit surprised but glad to see people wanting to get out and enjoy a nice winter again.  Fucking phone went dead quick in the cold...these things are getting worse and worse!  

D93AFC26-4553-4129-8B8D-9283D41B9240.jpeg

22837A47-4CDA-43B9-A2EB-E5965131006E.jpeg

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Took a nice jaunt today.  A bit of fresh snow and already tracked up good from yesterday.  I was a bit surprised but glad to see people wanting to get out and enjoy a nice winter again.  Fucking phone went dead quick in the cold...these things are getting worse and worse!  

D93AFC26-4553-4129-8B8D-9283D41B9240.jpeg

22837A47-4CDA-43B9-A2EB-E5965131006E.jpeg

I put one of those hand warmer packets in my pocket with the phone. It works. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

I put one of those hand warmer packets in my pocket with the phone. It works. 

I’ve thought about doing that.  I keep it in my chest pocket and usually it gets wet due to the heat. Still, just a few minutes in the cold and poof!  Screen goes black.  My last one was better by far.  So, if I actually needed it, I’m fucked.  Smh.

Anybody else ever find themselves missing their Motorola razor at times?

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve thought about doing that.  I keep it in my chest pocket and usually it gets wet due to the heat. Still, just a few minutes in the cold and poof!  Screen goes black.  My last one was better by far.  So, if I actually needed it, I’m fucked.  Smh.

Mine works well in the chest pocket all the time

Not sure what you're emitting?:lol:

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Mine works well in the chest pocket all the time

Not sure what you're emitting?:lol:

This is gonna sound weird (no really) but electronics and I have never gotten along.  It’s seriously creepy.  

19 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Damn, I just leave my phone in a cold pocket and it's fine all day even at sub-zero Temps.

Every phone I've ever had the cold just sucks the life out of it quick. The little hand warmer packets keeps it good all day

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

Every phone I've ever had the cold just sucks the life out of it quick. The little hand warmer packets keeps it good all day

I've got an iPhone 8, it definitely functions slowly when it's cold but it holds its charge no problem. Rode all day at below zero Temps Monday and it was still above 80% when we got home. I always worry about the condensation fucking up the electronics but it's supposedly water resistant and I keep it in a water resistant life proof case on top of that so it shouldn't be a problem.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

This is gonna sound weird (no really) but electronics and I have never gotten along.  It’s seriously creepy.  

Well chest pocket works well for me, regular pocket, no.  But you can feel how cold it is there.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Riding bud uses some old motorola flip phone. (Not a razor, just one of those old contractor phones)  That phone ends up being the last one running when it gets cold.  He always jokes that he needs a phone to use as a phone.  Also needs a calculator.  Why get all that other stuff if it doesn't work.   Odd thing about that phone, in some remote areas, it is the only one getting a signal that you can use for calls.

I just turn my phone off.  I'm not going to do anything with it while I'm sledding.

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

android ftw,  toss it in airplane mode and almost no battery loss in the cold.  my son could not even power up his iphone last week,  i had 88% battery.,  

iPhone X :bigfinger:  Lead, follow, or get the fuck out of the way 👍

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No, Android FTW.  Stick it in your chest pocket will be good.  Last decade anyways.

iPhones are for fagotts.

yeah, they can be a real bitch to work with iTunes.  their iMessage system is top notch tho. thats about it. cant even add those cool  weather widgets on iphone like you can on androids. 

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

Riding bud uses some old motorola flip phone. (Not a razor, just one of those old contractor phones)  That phone ends up being the last one running when it gets cold.  He always jokes that he needs a phone to use as a phone.  Also needs a calculator.  Why get all that other stuff if it doesn't work.   Odd thing about that phone, in some remote areas, it is the only one getting a signal that you can use for calls.

I just turn my phone off.  I'm not going to do anything with it while I'm sledding.

Back when these took SIM cards, I used an old flipper too.  Just swapped out card and presto!  Durable and useful.  Shit pics tho.

48 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Hush up, men are talking.

Honestly.  He’s like a 14 year old transgendered girl.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well chest pocket works well for me, regular pocket, no.  But you can feel how cold it is there.

I have light gear and usually just wear a t-shirt and shorts under it on days like today.  Phone gets cold toward outside but heated by my chest.  It sweats.  I know that’s probably part of the problem.  iPod works good though.  So, :ylsuper:

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

My wife is the same way, seriously, electronics and her never get along either. I have been calling her Powder for years. 

Edited by irv