Official 2018-2019 sledding post

5 hours ago, DAVE said:

Sooooo how does it keep glasses from foggin up?

I bought the bv2s last year and that’s the best I’ve found so far for use with glasses. Got to get your breath routed out or you’re screwed. You can crack the shield also if it gets bad. I have to do that occasionally under certain conditions. The shield on the bv2s has a lip on it so even cracked it works great, it’s just a little louder. I have and HJS with a breath box also that works pretty good. I can’t wear contacts.

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

I bought the bv2s last year and that’s the best I’ve found so far for use with glasses. Got to get your breath routed out or you’re screwed. You can crack the shield also if it gets bad. I have to do that occasionally under certain conditions. The shield on the bv2s has a lip on it so even cracked it works great, it’s just a little louder. I have and HJS with a breath box also that works pretty good. I can’t wear contacts.

Ya ive had the bv2s since 2009 i believe.

:bc:

8 hours ago, Edmo said:

I’d still be wearing mine if this new one hadn’t come out, I loved it and even wore it off trailing.  I took a chance on this new one, hopefully it’s dialed in.  I was really happy with my bv2s but after 7-8 seasons, it was starting to give me trouble with the seal that goes along the top.  Glasses are always a challenge.  Temp changes and or room inside the helmet are often an issue.

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’d still be wearing mine if this new one hadn’t come out, I loved it and even wore it off trailing.  I took a chance on this new one, hopefully it’s dialed in.  I was really happy with my bv2s but after 7-8 seasons, it was starting to give me trouble with the seal that goes along the top.  Glasses are always a challenge.  Temp changes and or room inside the helmet are often an issue.

You kept the same helmet for 8 yrs?

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Yeah something like that.  Liners washable and I also went through an old Scorpion and 509 in that time.  Stick with what works I guess.  :bc: 

Ive gone thru 3 in a little bit more time....my head got fatter then smaller.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ive gone thru 3 in a little bit more time....my head got fatter then smaller.

:lol:

What wore out?!  Brother is on his second one, said it’s not made as well as his first one. :dunno: 

Edited by DriftBusta

15 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Plugged in my new BRP Oxygen helmet today.  Rear led light is cool as hell, adjustable heat and venting, think I’m gonna like this thing!.  It’s way light too, way lighter than my BV2s.  Sled has a fresh drivetrain down to the hyfax and drive belt. Token pic for context.06F410F2-6A4E-4FC3-89D8-2A356513F17F.jpeg.093582e7c61e79f939696860ed246625.jpeg

EA4B4DB7-2B36-44B3-9982-017E18D31D09.jpeg

So much lighter than the BVS2, supposed to keep the face warm too.

14 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Picked up one of these at Fremont .   Hopefully it turns out decent .   Couldn't get a new shield for my current bucket and the thing had some nasty branch whips in it :bc:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-exo-at950-neocon-helmet-dual-lens?kclid=ed53a1f9-e75a-4b85-9bed-b91283f88eec&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1_id_vPK3gIVw4qzCh0i5QheEAQYAiABEgL0VPD_BwE

My first thought was to connect the helmet to the battery since it's right in the back, but then the temperature control will be behind me, what do think Ron, front or rear connection?

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What wore out?!  Brother is on his second one, said it’s not made as well as his first one. :dunno: 

My head got bigger....when i got fatter...went to a 3x....from a 2x...then last yr i needed a 2x again....the bottom skirt around the neck line was completely wore out on my last 2 though.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

My head got bigger....when i got fatter...went to a 3x....from a 2x...then last yr i needed a 2x again....the bottom skirt around the neck line was completely wore out on my last 2 though.

Fuck...I'm a 3x all day long! 😂😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Anler said:

No. Can't do a 1st year release. Working a deal now, I'm not going to say unless it goes thru. 

What are you looking at?

9 hours ago, Edmo said:

I bought my 3rd BVS2 two years ago, they are a great helmet. I hope this Oxygen is as good, it's lighter for sure but the real test is does it frost up.