I went in a different direction “sled choice”

jtssrx

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yep last few years Yamaha has been having clutch issues. Cat good. Role reversal anyone?

I ride with 5 sidewinders, all have 260hp kits,  none have belt issues..:ashamed:

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

I’m going to try this for a year. It won’t be like a doo or poo 850 but it should be a great on trail sled. I had a long talk with Luke Lester at the Novi snow show and he said the SRX version of the sidewinder is the best riding sidewinder yet same for the Tcat version on cats side. I already dumped the Tuner skis for C&A’s and put a blue snow flap. Next move is to pull the 1 inch ripsaw and Install a 14 wide ripsaw 11. 

If i love it Ill add a tune and exhaust in February. 

B23586F6-6D65-4316-A5B8-D98EE1B8F73F.jpeg

119E187F-DA65-452C-A9F6-8C9F10E1AD67.jpeg

F5F64627-95B0-4710-963A-C5E0C15D584D.jpeg

Those blue AC's are sharp as hell.  I think you made a good call.  Let the 850 go through a year or two.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

That is an awesome sled. But.....putting C&A anything on a sled is a mistake....its even a bigger mistake on a heavy 4 stroke

I love them but they are a performace driven ski.  They make skis that are more suited for less aggressive riding but I have no experience with them...plus, those models are too spendy for just having a slightly better ski than stock.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, f7ben said:

The SRX is probably the best looking sled made since 2004....just incredible

Absolutely....Yamaha nailed it by paying homage to the previous generation of SRX.

49 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Great looking sled. That will be a rocket for sure. 

PS. Pay no attention to Ben. His olive oyl noodles are no match for a performance ski. :news: 

The man hates CA skis.  It’s kinda weird.  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Looks great, just needs a real windscreen.  

I like what he’s got but I’ve got the black one off my sled available if he wants it.  I’m going with the new xtra low!  Adds 20 HP!! And the ladies will be all over me!  Men too!!!

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The man hates CA skis.  It’s kinda weird.  :dunno:

I like what he’s got but I’ve got the black one off my sled available if he wants it.  I’m going with the new xtra low!  Adds 20 HP!! And the ladies will be all over me!  Men too!!!

Adds 20hp and slows you down!

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

That is an awesome sled. But.....putting C&A anything on a sled is a mistake....its even a bigger mistake on a heavy 4 stroke

I ran c&a’s on my procross turbo and loved them. I’m running a slimjim dully as well on these. This is supposedly the hot setup with a razor. If it sucks ill change them out 😊

12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Beautiful sled JT.  I’ve owned 3 SRX’s, one of those could be in the barn next season.  :bc: 

Thanks man

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Great looking sled. That will be a rocket for sure. 

PS. Pay no attention to Ben. His olive oyl noodles are no match for a performance ski. :news: 

I’ve had good luck with the c&a on all my apexs and the Procross I owned. I have been riding a doo with pilots so this will be different. The description i got on this setup with slimjim dullys is its like its got power steering 

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I’ve had good luck with the c&a on all my apexs and the Procross I owned. I have been riding a doo with pilots so this will be different. The description i got on this setup with slimjim dullys is its like its got power steering 

I run the slim Jim duellys on my stock PC skis. Tried a bunch of different ones and those seem to work the best for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I run the slim Jim duellys on my stock PC skis. Tried a bunch of different ones and those seem to work the best for me.

is this basically same idea as slim jim  ?    stud_boy_deuce_bar1.jpg

https://studboytraction.com/products/wearbars/deuce-bar/

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

Man....this thread is checking all the boxes for me :lol:

I hate dually carbides as well....they just mask other issues. A good single carbide like a shaper bar will handle best if setup is correct. Just my opinion