I went in a different direction “sled choice”

jtssrx

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fast sled and looks good....just remember that when you see the edge of the earth....pin it!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Pin it till you see jesus!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I’m going to try this for a year. It won’t be like a doo or poo 850 but it should be a great on trail sled. I had a long talk with Luke Lester at the Novi snow show and he said the SRX version of the sidewinder is the best riding sidewinder yet same for the Tcat version on cats side. I already dumped the Tuner skis for C&A’s and put a blue snow flap. Next move is to pull the 1 inch ripsaw and Install a 14 wide ripsaw 11. 

If i love it Ill add a tune and exhaust in February. 

B23586F6-6D65-4316-A5B8-D98EE1B8F73F.jpeg

119E187F-DA65-452C-A9F6-8C9F10E1AD67.jpeg

F5F64627-95B0-4710-963A-C5E0C15D584D.jpeg

Check out the Excell set up, best exhaust in the industry (not some rebaged magnaflow POS) dial up your boost, and no reflash of stock ecu that will void warranty..

https://excellmotorsports.stores.dealerspike.com/category.aspx?zcid=46048

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

I’m going to try this for a year. It won’t be like a doo or poo 850 but it should be a great on trail sled. I had a long talk with Luke Lester at the Novi snow show and he said the SRX version of the sidewinder is the best riding sidewinder yet same for the Tcat version on cats side. I already dumped the Tuner skis for C&A’s and put a blue snow flap. Next move is to pull the 1 inch ripsaw and Install a 14 wide ripsaw 11. 

If i love it Ill add a tune and exhaust in February. 

B23586F6-6D65-4316-A5B8-D98EE1B8F73F.jpeg

Beautiful looking sled! Congrats. 

Curious as well on the C&A's? Did you check out TY4stroke.com to see what guys are running on theirs? I run Curve Industries on mine but mine is old compared to your's. I also run Bergstrom Triple point carbides and I think my Vector handles great. 

https://ty4stroke.com/forums/sidewinder-trail-talk.119/

HPIM1220 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0181 (Large).JPG

Edited by irv

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is an awesome sled. But.....putting C&A anything on a sled is a mistake....its even a bigger mistake on a heavy 4 stroke

The Curve ski is a great ski for the 4stroke market

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The Curve ski is a great ski for the 4stroke market

The C&A is just such a heavy steering ski. I cant see it working out well on a 4s sled. In fact from what I have experienced it could be dangerous as hell

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The C&A is just such a heavy steering ski. I cant see it working out well on a 4s sled. In fact from what I have experienced it could be dangerous as hell

I’d agree.  Although in loose snow they are weapons.  Hard pack, crusty snow?  Yikes.  I had the crossover C+As on my Freeride and they almost tossed me a couple times in the crusty stuff.  Some guys will change them out day to day for conditions, I could see that.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I’d agree.  Although in loose snow they are weapons.  Hard pack, crusty snow?  Yikes.  I had the crossover C+As on my Freeride and they almost tossed me a couple times in the crusty stuff.  Some guys will change them out day to day for conditions, I could see that.

Yup....crusty shit is a nightmare with their keel design. Add 80lbs of additional down force on them and bad shit. 

Of course the srx is a trail weapon and if you only take it out in consistent conditions they might be ok. I would just be worried about being able to dial in a moderate steering effort at that point.

Pass on the C&A's. Curves or Pilot's are the way to go. Get the Hurricane alignment tool if you want decent belt life. You might need to machine the secondary to get the backspacing correct. They are all over from the factory from what ive seen.

And turn that bitch up! I ran the Hurricane race(quick spool) tunes last year. 240 up to 290 with the Gap interface, switchable on the fly. Turbo comes in hard down low. Ridiculous fun. I could bever go back to a smoker.

Good luck with the sled!

• Like 1

Just now, Rw06GT said:

Pass on the C&A's. Curves or Pilot's are the way to go. Get the Hurricane alignment tool if you want decent belt life. You might need to machine the secondary to get the backspacing correct. They are all over from the factory from what ive seen.

And turn that bitch up! I ran the Hurricane race(quick spool) tunes last year. 240 up to 290 with the Gap interface, switchable on the fly. Turbo comes in hard down low. Ridiculous fun. I could bever go back to a smoker.

Good luck with the sled!

Are you fucking kidding? We've been having to cut Cat secondary for going on 2 fucking decades now. Why in the fuck cant those meth mouthed hilljacks figure out simple offset