Trump’s Appointment of the Acting Attorney General Is Unconstitutional

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ummmm.....thats what the investigation is suppose to be about....that is the title of it after all....

:lol:

Reality is that isn't what it was about.  Between their moles and their wire surveillance they know there was no collusion.   Its why Rosenstein wrote it to let it go wherever they want.  Like the old KGB saying, "show me the man and I'll show you a crime."   If not a crime itself they have ways of making you tell one slight thing wrong to the investigator and bam they got you.   

In the end I don't think the goal may have been to impeach Trump but to let him know who controls what.   A shot across his bow so to speak.  

Dangerous times when the DOJ and more so the IC considers itself the 4th and even 5th branches of govt.

HARVEY SILVERGLATE: An average, busy professional gets up in the morning, gets the kids to school, goes to work, uses the telephone or e-mail, has meetings, works on a prospectus or bank loan, goes home, puts the kids to bed, has dinner, reads the newspaper, goes to sleep, and has no idea that, in the course of that day, he or she has very likely committed three felonies. Three felonies that some ambitious, creative prosecutor can pick out from that day’s activities and put into an indictment.

In his foreword to my book, Alan Dershowitz discusses his time litigating cases in the old Soviet Union. He was always taken by the fact that they could prosecute anybody they wanted because some of the statutes were so vague. Dershowitz points out that this was a technique developed by Beria, the infamous sidekick of Stalin, who said, “Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.” That really is something that has survived the Soviet Union and has arrived in the good old USA. “Show me the man,” says any federal prosecutor, “and I can show you the crime.” This is not an exaggeration.

https://www.cato.org/policy-report/januaryfebruary-2010/criminalization-almost-everything

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

who's saying he's shutting the justice department down?

usually someone close to the same position takes the interim role. this clown was not. this clown can run things unethically" until december. after that the dems have power. he needs to be careful though, because he could be brought up on obstruction charges himself by the dems, after january. this is why ive been saying the dems winning back some power was bigly.

So the Dems are going to be prosecuting obstruction charges from the House floor? 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

So the Dems are going to be prosecuting obstruction charges from the House floor? 

They can and honestly I hope they try.   Worked so well for the GOP.        

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

It's all because of what he said on CNN

I just SMH.  Unlike MC, Tools, RevBarbieDollHands and the like, Slinger actually has some brains.  I may have over estimated how much but, either way, librulizm is a savage, brain eating disease.  Throw in TDS , and...well, it appears to be worse than Alzheimer’s!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Oh, I think that and so much more. It’s an absolute fail.  But, I think they can’t help themselves anymore.  Absolute inept leadership.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They can and honestly I hope they try.   Worked so well for the GOP.        

Yup.

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

he appointed a temporary replacement,  someone needs to be in charge.  Chief of staff is a good as any place to start.  You are a partisan hack in everything you do just like those on the right you bitch about.  

wtf dude? here i've been thinking you had alot of clues. now not so much. he could have picked many others, including the deputy rosenstein, where it would normally go to. but no, he picks a mole, a loyalist, and someone biased against the investigation? and you can't see this? wow. you are going to sink with all these other morons, dude.  you have 0 business calling me a hack.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

wtf dude? here i've been thinking you had alot of clues. now not so much. he could have picked many others, including the deputy rosenstein, where it would normally go to. but no, he picks a mole, a loyalist, and someone biased against the investigation? and you can't see this? wow. you are going to sink with all these other morons, dude.  you have 0 business calling me a hack.

Why would he even consider picking someone he was considering firing just a few weeks back? That makes no sense.

21 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: holy fuck....

point = if you had been watching the news, you would know that conway has been on it, calling out trump at times.

not the point = the authenticity of what conway was saying.

like i said, go back to bed.

:lol: Jesus dude, you are give yourself a stroke.  It’s not that big of deal.  

I wish I could go back to bed. 

i must say i'm somewhat surprised at the naivety of many of you. what trump is doing is, and has been, plain as day. it can't be all hackery, based on some of your arguments. you really are naive and uninformed. i suspect many of you only get your "news" in forums and facebook. alot of it likely from russian trolls :lol:

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i must say i'm somewhat surprised at the naivety of many of you. what trump is doing is, and has been, plain as day. it can't be all hackery, based on some of your arguments. you really are naive and uninformed. i suspect many of you only get your "news" in forums and facebook. alot of it likely from russian trolls :lol:

Aren’t you the one that still believes in collusion though?  Basically proven to be the dumbest thing to believe in ever. 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Why would he even consider picking someone he was considering firing just a few weeks back? That makes no sense.

because it's a short term position. my point is that him not selecting him, or others more qualified,  says alot. he obviously wants this investigation stifled. 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

because it's a short term position. my point is that him not selecting him, or others more qualified,  says alot. he obviously wants this investigation stifled. 

Because it’s been so fruitful so far :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Whew!  This post just shot you past AFJ in my FS-TDS suicide poll.  And he was far and away the points leader.  I’m not happy about that.

Take some time to reflect.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Whew!  This post just shot you past AFJ in my FS-TDS suicide poll.  And he was far and away the points leader.  I’m not happy about that.

Take some time to reflect.  

:lol2:

13 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Dems need to tread lightly 

2F645028-113C-4535-96F1-8878B5559397.jpeg

Lets not forget that 45 GOP were not rerunning.   That's a huge number and incumbents often have an advantage. 

The Bush number is swayed because that was his second midterm.   He lost much less in his first.    

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lets not forget that 45 GOP were not rerunning.   That's a huge number and incumbents often have an advantage. 

The Bush number is swayed because that was his second midterm.   He lost much less in his first.    

dude, it would have been more of a blood bath had more repukes been running. jesus you are always in la la land when it comes to this shit.

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

23 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

dude, it would have been more of a blood bath had more repukes been running. jesus you are always in la la land when it comes to this shit.

:lol:   How could have more GOP been running than what were except in CA with their goofy rules?   There were replacement GOP candidates for the retiring seats.  Your statement makes zero sense.  

https://www.opensecrets.org/overview/reelect.php

Incumbents generally win at a rate of over 90%.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

he appointed a temporary replacement,  someone needs to be in charge.  Chief of staff is a good as any place to start.  You are a partisan hack in everything you do just like those on the right you bitch about.  

Agreed, Chief of staff is the right person for that interim job. His political leanings or opinions are irrelevant as to if he should take the job. They are, however, relevant to if he should recuse himself from Russia. I think he should. Slinger is right on that. This whole idea of constitutionality is foolish IMO, or if he is capable of the job itself. 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

He absolutely picked some friendly to his cause. The problem is he picked someone qualified for an interim role. The other problem is simple: It is Trump’s prerogative to do so. Nothing says he has to appoint a Boy Scout. Nothing says he has to pick someon unbiased. Nothing says he has to pick someone the Dems like. You are mad because it’s a smart move. Again, I agree that the guy should recuse himself, but there is no legal warranting for him to do so.