Turnout pretty high in my precinct

• Gold Member

I went at 11;00 AM. The rush was over so there was no line but the voting was steady, all the voting booths were full the whole time I was there.

I have been registered and voting at this location since the late 1980's.They are now using i pads for voter look up.  Funny thing is they weren't able to find me in their records using the typical "first 3 letters of my last name" like everyone else. It took almost 5 minutes to find me and the only way they did find me was by searching my full name and address.

She said that this is weird, I thought so too.

I was beginning to think I had been "Purged"

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, joesale said:

I went at 11;00 AM. The rush was over so there was no line but the voting was steady, all the voting booths were full the whole time I was there.

I have been registered and voting at this location since the late 1980's.They are now using i pads for voter look up.  Funny thing is they weren't able to find me in their records using the typical "first 3 letters of my last name" like everyone else. It took almost 5 minutes to find me and the only way they did find me was by searching my full name and address.

She said that this is weird, I thought so too.

I was beginning to think I had been "Purged"

Here they have an alphabetical paper list with everyones name on it, they ask your name and address, the you have to show them I.D., then sign your name on the list. I only vote paper ballots.

We were in and out fairly easy.  Line was fair but quick moving.  Everyone in line seemed in good spirits as we moved along and chatted and laughed a bit.  I didn’t see any scowls or mad faces. I guess Librulz vote later???  :dunno:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Here they have an alphabetical paper list with everyones name on it, they ask your name and address, the you have to show them I.D., then sign your name on the list. I only vote paper ballots.

We have paper ballots but the voter lookup is no longer printed out. The look us up on the i pad then print a ticket to get the ballot. 

We have early in person voting all October here in IL so I voted 3 weeks ago.  Wife voted on Saturday.  Interestingly though I had to drop off some parts for a remodel project at ISU in the same building that serves as a polling place around 2pm and there was still a huge line of students waiting to vote.  Had to work my way through the crowd just to get to the construction zone area.

Edited by XC.Morrison

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Wow!  All three networks suspending programming to run election coverage of midterms? don’t even remember this with presidential election. 

What a bunch of bullshit.  Politics in America is now a sports past time for idiots....which is why so many loved it in the NFL...oh wait...no, that was about something else....

Oh.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

What a bunch of bullshit.  Politics in America is now a sports past time for idiots....which is why so many loved it in the NFL...oh wait...no, that was about something else....

Oh.

Very bizarre.   I know people, including my brother that haven’t voted in 20- 30 years, who are now political experts.  

Did you vote???!!!!!

man, you got get out and vote!!!!!!!!

yeah, ok , thanks. :lol:

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Very bizarre.   I know people, including my brother that haven’t voted in 20- 30 years, who are now political experts.  

Did you vote???!!!!!

man, you got get out and vote!!!!!!!!

yeah, ok , thanks. :lol:

Yeah....it's unreal.  All on emotions....so little on substance.  This is America!

My daughter said she didn't feel like going to vote today.  I said, that's fine, that's your call but you vote either way.  I didn't have to explain it...she got her shit and got in the truck.  I just wanted her to vote since it was her first time...what she does from now on is her call.  She probably voted Dem just to spite me!!!!!!!  :lmao:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No surprise there.  Is Pot legailzation on the ballot there or something?

Yup,  I guess if it was on ballot 20 years ago , I probably would of gotten with my buddies and got baked and went to vote.  

These people are just fueling the fire of a bunch of stoned idiots are driving around. 

Can’t put a sentence together..

Dude........it’s........  like........ ah, ah, ah.....  plant.....maan.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

People are interested in what's going on with their government? Haha! Lewzerz!!!!1111!!!!1!

No shit.....now that's a bad thing and worthy of Zderpski wisdom.😜

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup,  I guess if it was on ballot 20 years ago , I probably would of gotten with my buddies and got baked and went to vote.  

These people are just fueling the fire of a bunch of stoned idiots are driving around. 

Can’t put a sentence together..

Dude........it’s........  like........ ah, ah, ah.....  plant.....maan.  

So, pot legalization is actually on the ballot?  Really?  Wow.  Or is it just some hack promissing to make it legal to get all the pot-heads to vote for him/her?

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

People are interested in what's going on with their government? Haha! Lewzerz!!!!1111!!!!1!

:lol: I can't even comment on this from you.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No shit.....now that's a bad thing and worthy of Zderpski wisdom.😜

Poor Pouty Snacks.  :lol: (That's the only funny I saw in the whole thread).

Just now, hayward said:

10 mins. here.  Dumb fuking guido wannabe in front of me had the wrong township.  Idiot. :pan:

:lol: Racism is funny sometimes.  Wait...is "guido" racist?  Or is it just black slang names from honkies that are racist.  Or, is honkie a racist word?  If he wasn't italion and was in fact a "wannabe" would you calling him a "guido" be racist?  What the fuck....what bathroom do I use?

Moto?  Little help here?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: Racism is funny sometimes.  Wait...is "guido" racist?  Or is it just black slang names from honkies that are racist.  Or, is honkie a racist word?  If he wasn't italion and was in fact a "wannabe" would you calling him a "guido" be racist?  What the fuck....what bathroom do I use?

Moto?  Little help here?

The poor old lady at the table looking up names, searched and searched until finally 'vince' pulls out his voter registration card, and low and behold, old Martha looks at it and says "this isn't polk township honey".  

Seriously, if you don't know which township you live in, should you really be voting?