Debate Topic: Bakery has to serve all customers even if they don't want too......

2 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

So my liberal kid and I argue all the time, he says that a bakery should be required to bake a cake for a gay couples wedding if the bakery refused.  I say since it's a private business the owner should be able to refuse the request and as a result it may suffer down the road.  My argument is that if a white guy came in the bakery and ordered 60 white donuts for a "white supremist" gathering then the bakery should be forced to make donuts as well. He claims that since this is considered racist the donut maker has an out where the gay wedding cake would be required by law.  I further asked what if a black guy requested 60 chocolate donuts for a "I hate whitie" black guy homosexual gathering.  Since a black, gay men's dislike for white men is not considered racist (this is only being predigest)  would the government force the chocolate donuts to be baked? 

I'm not racist or homophobic but I feel a private business owner should be able to deny service if they want to.  My kid refutes this by saying "What if it's a small town and there is only one bakery?  I feel that this is then an opportunity for a new bakery to setup shop.       

The real question is why are you and your kid arguing about politics? I have everything from a bleeding heart lib to NRA card carrying, bible thumping conservative in my family and id rather take a cheese grater to my dick then listen to their opinions on anything political. :lol: