Debate Topic: Bakery has to serve all customers even if they don't want too......

• USA Contributing Member

So my liberal kid and I argue all the time, he says that a bakery should be required to bake a cake for a gay couples wedding if the bakery refused.  I say since it's a private business the owner should be able to refuse the request and as a result it may suffer down the road.  My argument is that if a white guy came in the bakery and ordered 60 white donuts for a "white supremist" gathering then the bakery should be forced to make donuts as well. He claims that since this is considered racist the donut maker has an out where the gay wedding cake would be required by law.  I further asked what if a black guy requested 60 chocolate donuts for a "I hate whitie" black guy homosexual gathering.  Since a black, gay men's dislike for white men is not considered racist (this is only being predigest)  would the government force the chocolate donuts to be baked? 

I'm not racist or homophobic but I feel a private business owner should be able to deny service if they want to.  My kid refutes this by saying "What if it's a small town and there is only one bakery?  I feel that this is then an opportunity for a new bakery to setup shop.       

Edited by $poorsledder$
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

So my liberal kid and I argue all the time, he says that a bakery should be required to bake a cake for a gay couples wedding if the bakery refused.  I say since it's a private business the owner should be able to refuse the request and as a result it may suffer down the road.  My argument is that if a white guy came in the bakery and ordered 60 white donuts for a "white supremist" gathering then the bakery should be forced to make donuts as well. He claims that since this is considered racist the donut maker has an out where the gay wedding cake would be required by law.  I further asked what if a black guy requested 60 chocolate donuts for a "I hate whitie" black guy homosexual gathering.  Since a black, gay men's dislike for white men is not considered racist (this is only being predigest)  would the government force the chocolate donuts to be baked? 

I'm not racist or homophobic but I feel a private business owner should be able to deny service if they want to.  My kid refutes this by saying "What if it's a small town and there is only one bakery?  I feel that this is then an opportunity for a new bakery to setup shop.       

Yes, but a private business needs to be smarter.  Tell them you are swamped and would more than happy to make it for their special day but will need to allocate manpower outside regular hours and charge those homo's 3x the normal rate.

:lol:

Edited by ArcticCrusher
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

The bakery in Colorado was targeted by liberals. They aren’t denied service at his bakery either. If a gay man walked in and order something in the counter they would be served. It’s speciality items like a wedding cake that they refuse to make. 

You’re in business to make money - you bake cakes for whomever walks through that door. You need to separate you’re opinions from the bottom line. Just my opinion of course. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Don't know why, but Moto first showed up in my mind while reading this part.  :lol:

• USA Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

You’re in business to make money - you bake cakes for whomever walks through that door. You need to separate you’re opinions from the bottom line. Just my opinion of course. 

I agree, that's a business sense of mind.  I could care less about what someone would want a business I owned to do as long as it was profitable and didn't affect any other customers.  Chocolate and vanilla donuts for everyone as long as I make a profit and people keep coming in my store. 

If  retard Ben came into a package store I owned and wanted to blow all his cash on all the Coors Light piss I had left on the shelf I would dust it off and even carry it out to his car just to take his cash and get a good laugh.

Some people may have strong beliefs and put them in the way of business and I feel to a point this is their right. 

19 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I agree, that's a business sense of mind.  I could care less about what someone would want a business I owned to do as long as it was profitable and didn't affect any other customers.  Chocolate and vanilla donuts for everyone as long as I make a profit and people keep coming in my store. 

If  retard Ben came into a package store I owned and wanted to blow all his cash on all the Coors Light piss I had left on the shelf I would dust it off and even carry it out to his car just to take his cash and get a good laugh.

Some people may have strong beliefs and put them in the way of business and I feel to a point this is their right. 

Hey fuck head....you arent allowed to discriminate against someone based on sexual orientation. It is a protected class no different than religion or race.

Fucking retarded ass dumbfuck

this whole argument makes no damn sense to me. freedom of religion means you should be able to practice or preach whatever the hell you want, with out any recourse. nobody is making the bakery owner commit a sin, like suck a cock. but the baker cannot use his religious beliefs to deny someone else something because of religion.  seems pretty simple. 

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Just have to be smarter than liberals. Which isn’t hard. “When do you need it by? Oh dang can’t do it up booked up for a year”

It really is this simple...and/or....."I'm pretty busy right now but, for an upcharge, I can put a rush order in for you?"  CA-CHING!!!!!!He can take the money and put it in the Sunday coffer if it makes him feel "whole" again.

These bakery owners making a religious statement is every bit as retarded as the gays trying to make their own little social statement.  

10 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Just have to be smarter than liberals. Which isn’t hard. “When do you need it by? Oh dang can’t do it up booked up for a year”

Then why didn't the dumb fuck right wing baker do that?

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes, but a private business needs to be smarter.  Tell them you are swamped and would more than happy to make it for their special day but will need to allocate manpower outside regular hours and charge those homo's 3x the normal rate.

:lol:

Brilliant. You cold have solved the issues with that uppity Rosa Parks wanting to ride in the front of the bus.

They should have charged more from front of the bus seats.  Then the blacks couldn't have afforded to sit up front

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey fuck head....you arent allowed to discriminate against someone based on sexual orientation. It is a protected class no different than religion or race.

Fucking retarded ass dumbfuck

Unless you live in a Islam country.:lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Brilliant. You cold have solved the issues with that uppity Rosa Parks wanting to ride in the front of the bus.

They should have charged more from front of the bus seats.  Then the blacks couldn't have afforded to sit up front

Does Beta Bus Tours have premium seats?  Do planes have first class?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Edmo said:

this