The Future of Artificial Intelligence: Why the Hype Has Outrun Reality

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Disagree....

Sure, just like AGV's were all over the place 20 years ago and would be everywhere, until they started running over and killing people.  The instrumentation and automation has a very long ways to go still before I would trust that shit and its my bread and butter.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

AI will change the world....that much is an guarantee 

I'm, personally, all set. 

This whole thing, the communication companies are pushing, is unacceptable. I'm surprised that the likes  of @f7ben is okay with that type of  invasion of privacy that these corporations are shoving down our throats. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

No we won’t. We’re a long ways away. It’s one of the most overhyped ideas in years. 

Agreed.   Between the groups that think its gonna solve the worlds problems to computers taking over the world its funny to watch.  

I remember an article a few years ago that said autonomous vehicle would be being built by the millions by 2020 or something.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

9 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I'm, personally, all set. 

This whole thing, the communication companies are pushing, is unacceptable. I'm surprised that the likes  of @f7ben is okay with that type of  invasion of privacy that these corporations are shoving down our throats. 

I know you arent very bright....but how in the sweet fuck did you surmise I'm ok with it???