How many miles do you avg. in a season?

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'd say around 1500-1800.  I can get over 2k sometimes.  I don't do many rides over 100 miles.  I'll hit the trail 2-3 times a week for a 40-80 mile run.

That's what most of mine are now. Back when I averaged 3000 miles there were a lot of 150-200 mile days.

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's what most of mine are now. Back when I averaged 3000 miles there were a lot of 150-200 mile days.

Yeah, we do a quick 38 mile run a couple times on weeknights then a better run on Sat or Sun.  My sled is just not set up for long days..and to tell you the truth, my body is feeling that way too.  :wall:

Good hard short sprints is what gets my rocks off.  Kinda like sex with an unwilling olympic gymnast........as long as they are a female.

Image result for shawn johnson ass

• Like 3

We usually do around 1K a season. The worst ride we did was last Feb doing 250kms to get to the lodge we were staying at. It was -41 with nowhere to stop and warmup. That was a weekend from hell. 

Edited by smokin george
Spelling

4,000 miles is an average winter for me, last was 2,900 miles due to a lack of snow in December and most January.

We had a trip last season that started in Duhamel QC January 23rd and the conditions were far from good, halfway between Trois-Rives and La Tuque we ran out of snow so we broke southeast towards Quebec City only to see the news that night that much rain was coming so we started to make the run back to the truck as there was no way our route back would be rideable with any measurable rain, most of the morning was in the rain and while having lunch in Riviere Matawin it turned to snow to make a good ride into Saint-Michel-des-Saints, and in typical Quebec fashion the Ski-Dozers went out that night and mashed everything to perfection which made the the last two days of riding on nothing less than trails that rated a 10!

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

4,000 miles is an average winter for me, last was 2,900 miles due to a lack of snow in December and most January.

We had a trip last season that started in Duhamel QC January 23rd and the conditions were far from good, halfway between Trois-Rives and La Tuque we ran out of snow so we broke southeast towards Quebec City only to see the news that night that much rain was coming so we started to make the run back to the truck as there was no way our route back would be rideable with any measurable rain, most of the morning was in the rain and while having lunch in Riviere Matawin it turned to snow to make a good ride into Saint-Michel-des-Saints, and in typical Quebec fashion the Ski-Dozers went out that night and mashed everything to perfection which made the the last two days of riding on nothing less than trails that rated a 10!

I remember you posting about that trip. I also remember someone I know running in to you and your wife up there, but can't remember who it was.

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

I remember you posting about that trip. I also remember someone I know running in to you and your wife up there, but can't remember who it was.

That was the Gaspe trip her and I did in Feb. 2014, the trip started out in -20F temps in Riviere du Loup, and then we go pinned down by a blizzard in Matane two days later.

I think I met your friends in Matane, I was looking for the Doo dealer to get my wife a heated visor and I stopped at a motel looking for directions and these east coast guys were telling me the trails were closed, anyhow we got to the Doo dealer and after we left I said let's take a 20 mile ride to a relais for lunch before going to our motel....It was fuckall for drifts, deep snow and blowing snow, we made the relais and it was closed (Monday) on the way back to Matane my wife and I got separated by trees and blowing snow and she actually got past me unbeknownst to me a 1/2 mile after we left the relais.....not good but anyhow she rode about 10 miles towards Matane before heading back to the relais.

Here is a picture of the conditions between Matane and the relais that afternoon  those are long track Doo's  being dug out thank god she didn't stuck like that when  riding  by herself.

blizzard1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That was the Gaspe trip her and I did in Feb. 2014, the trip started out in -20F temps in Riviere du Loup, and then we go pinned down by a blizzard in Matane two days later.

I think I met your friends in Matane, I was looking for the Doo dealer to get my wife a heated visor and I stopped at a motel looking for directions and these east coast guys were telling me the trails were closed, anyhow we got to the Doo dealer and after we left I said let's take a 20 mile ride to a relais for lunch before going to our motel....It was fuckall for drifts, deep snow and blowing snow, we made the relais and it was closed (Monday) on the way back to Matane my wife and I got separated by trees and blowing snow and she actually got past me unbeknownst to me a 1/2 mile after we left the relais.....not good but anyhow she rode about 10 miles towards Matane before heading back to the relais.

Here is a picture of the conditions between Matane and the relais that afternoon  those are long track Doo's  being dug out thank god she didn't stuck like that when  riding  by herself.

blizzard1.jpg

That was it, I remember the you looking for the heated visor for your wife. That was how i knew it was you. It may have been my buddy Gary, (scorpionbowl) on QuebecRider.com.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

around the 1500 miles a winter.  Last winter sucked though and only got a third of that on

Don't feel bad, I didn't even ride. The trails were open, but it wasn't worth it to ride circles in the small area that was decent.

On 9/21/2016 at 0:17 AM, ckf said:

That was it, I remember the you looking for the heated visor for your wife. That was how i knew it was you. It may have been my buddy Gary, (scorpionbowl) on QuebecRider.com.

I think it was Mike Rider, the Mayor of RDL & he even bought Vince & the misses a glass of wine

Edited by RJM

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2016 at 7:01 PM, Zambroski said:

Yeah, we do a quick 38 mile run a couple times on weeknights then a better run on Sat or Sun.  My sled is just not set up for long days..and to tell you the truth, my body is feeling that way too.  :wall:

Good hard short sprints is what gets my rocks off.  Kinda like sex with an unwilling olympic gymnast........as long as they are a female.

Image result for shawn johnson ass

My pants grow tight 

On 9/29/2016 at 8:33 AM, RJM said:

I think it was Mike Rider, the Mayor of RDL & he even bought Vince & the misses a glass of wine

We met Mike on the backend of the trip at the Universel, and yes he did buy me and the wife a glass of wine :bc: 

• Like 2