OFSC AGM

04nightfire

29 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Don't count on it, trails there are heading for the toilet bowl. Govt is pulling all grants and funding that supply groomers and paid operator's. They came to Ontario for insight on how to run a self funded system. 

Interesting comment on the bold, do you have anything to substantiate that?

Not doubting it, just with it being QC, I am very surprised.

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Interesting comment on the bold, do you have anything to substantiate that?

Not doubting it, just with it being QC, I am very surprised.

Quebec is having budget and debt problems too so they are looking to save money where they can.

On 9/19/2016 at 3:58 PM, luvtoride said:

I've been reading through these posts and see that nothing has changed. Most Clubs in Ontario have no clue of the Corporations act and our Not For Profit Status. They seem to think that they can stash away monies and continue to make a profit. I see posts such as "our club does very well on its own with no district control" or "Why should we sell permits simply to have the money ripped away from us for the other clubs"....It seems the majority still hate the OFSC and District control. Maybe those clubs should look at trying to go totally alone with their own permit system, their own liability insurance, their own operating and maintenance costs and their own infrastructure costs.....Good luck with that!!!!

Unfortunately if you were involved with a club you would see just how completely unjust the work load is on the volunteers that donate time and money to their club and trail system. It's going to be the end of the OFSC if they and the gov't continue to expect volunteers to generate the tourism stimulus that the province benefits from grossly. I look at the "Ontario" tourism magazines and my stomach turns, it's all on the back of volunteers. If the efforts of the volunteers leads to a surplus of any kind to their club, I doubt you'll find 1 volunteer that regrets or doesn't want the club to prosper. You're also expecting volunteer board members to run a machine operator business with policies and procedures and liabilities and permissions to use 100's of private properties... All for Free !! It ain't right.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 2016-09-18 at 8:52 AM, 02sled said:

Hmmm. the permit is an MTO document. I wonder if Wynnebag's promotion of the LGBT agenda has an influence :-)

I can't wait to see the merging district elections that will have to be held. Some Governors are going into forced retirement. Tom in D2 may be one of them. He's been around since dirt replaced snow.

1 minute ago, luvtoride said:

I can't wait to see the merging district elections that will have to be held. Some Governors are going into forced retirement. Tom in D2 may be one of them. He's been around since dirt replaced snow.

Re the LBGT Comment. There may be a new special interest group out on the trails "Gays on Sleighs"

27 minutes ago, luvtoride said:

Hahaha... He denied my expenses for a 5 man crew over 3 w/ends cleaning up from the ice storm years ago but mysteriously his expenses went thru. He wasn't even on the MPSC board either, weird eh.

2 hours ago, Tinker said:

Hahaha... He denied my expenses for a 5 man crew over 3 w/ends cleaning up from the ice storm years ago but mysteriously his expenses went thru. He wasn't even on the MPSC board either, weird eh.

His expenses must have come in cheaper, right ?!?!?!?

I wonder if the online ordering only will have a hard impact on sales where dealers used to sell permits for machines they sold? In those cases the permit would go to that district/club(or should have), but now someone will have to order it themselves and can pick an alternative club, an example would be Quinn's marina, its in district 3, but right on the edge of district 4. Some of the southern districts might get hurt by that quite a bit where people use dealers more often from the GTA.

Uxbridge Motor Sports, Quinns, theres a Cat dealer all in the HOOSC boundaries, could get interesting to see if some clubs sales drop substantially.