OFSC AGM

04nightfire

On 9/14/2016 at 2:18 PM, 04nightfire said:

I'm surprised no thread on this yet.  Can't wait to hear all of what will be done or should be done to better our sledding experience

big party on the riders dime? :lol: 

sorry it's tradition it seems lol 

15 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Lol. I've heard that's the way she goes. Saw that the permit is pink this year

Hmmm. the permit is an MTO document. I wonder if Wynnebag's promotion of the LGBT agenda has an influence :-)

News for Ontario Snowmobiling!
OFSC snowmobile clubs made a historic culture shift this morning at their 2016 Annual General Meeting. Their decision to approve the implementation of an ambitious and innovative new plan called "More On The Snow" over the next two or three years helps secure a successful future for organized trail riding in Ontario. It also sets a bold new direction for delivering great trails that will be the envy of many other snowmobile organizations in North America and a template many will emulate in years to come.
A multi-layered and integrated plan, More On The Snow will maximize effective and efficient use of permit dollars and improve rider experience by moving management of grooming operations from clubs to OFSC districts (reduced in number from the current 16 to 12), with clubs working collaboratively to plan and deliver grooming for their entire region rather than independently within individual club boundaries as is now the case. This new coordinated approach will streamline grooming as shared equipment goes wherever needed in each region, making for more seamlessly smooth trails and helping to assure more regular grooming even when a machine breaks down.
More On The Snow will also use permit dollars more effectively, saving money by moving management of groomer fleet operations to the provincial level where the ongoing purchase, replacement and allocation of these $250,000 + machines will be planned and delivered centrally (rather than piecemeal by individual clubs) thereby assuring that the entire fleet is being continually evaluated, monitored and updated with new equipment. This will improve rider experience with better and more consistent grooming capability (with fewer breakdowns) everywhere. Central fleet management will reduce costs by taking maximum advantage of bulk buying opportunities and new options such as short term rentals, leasing and equipment sharing, and by reducing costly repairs on aging machines.
Finally, More On The Snow improves rider experience by building stronger clubs and reducing volunteer workload in club administration and paperwork, enabling volunteers to focus more on delivering great trails and club social activities.
Two years in the planning, More On The Snow builds on an OFSC permit revenue redistribution decision several years ago that among other things now allocates more grooming dollars each season to regions with more snow. The many rider benefits of More On The Snow will not be seen overnight, but over the next several years should make Ontario an even better trail riding destination. Congratulations to OFSC clubs for having the vision and commitment to approve More On The Snow!
#ontariosnowtrails #gosnowmobilingontario

Yesterday at 3:45pm · Public · in Timeline Photos
View Full Size
Megan Dijkema and 87 others like this.

Patrick Crickard

I really don't know how this is going to work for deciding from the district level where to groom, and how often. Our district office location has a very different season then where our club is located. We get a hell of a lot more snow and traffic up north verses where our district office is. I really hope they don't paint is with the same brush as far as grooming. Also I really hope they do not give us any tractors. Keep the tractors where they were meant to be....in farm fields. Am also a volunteer and a club executive, that works hard to keep the trails open for future years to come for my children. I really hope they looked at this well, because we are in dire need of change up north where we get all the snow and have the most aging fleet, and run a pile of miles, and hours.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · Yesterday at 10:36pm
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Valid concerns, Patrick and that's why the northern districts voted for the new plan.

Graham Duke

Love all the anti tractor groomer comments where the hell does OFSC think buying $300,000 ski hill groomer money will come from if they keep selling $180 permits. Big dreams. 3 tractor purchases for every 2 Prinoth or Piston Bulley. Think about it.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png2 · Yesterday at 11:42pm
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The clubs in each district will decide on a district grooming plan, so if local trails... More

Tyler Hoy

Not happy about mots going through too much shit needs to be addressed before it's going to work
They screwed up on framework for change and only have a two year plan for mots yet and when you ask them anything about year three yet and they don't have an answer on how things are going to work isn't good
Permit prices need to go up there is no ifs ands or buts about it
There better be a significant increase for next year or we can't sustain ourselves
We went down the wrong path with these 187.50 permits
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · Yesterday at 11:57pm
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Snow certainly helped, but permit sales at the higher fees had been dropping off for many... More

Pat Murray

After years of being heavily involved in my local club I call total bullshit.
Clubs that have been successful for all these years are now being forced to turn over assets and management our there clubs.
The so called monies they r trying to save will be spent on 12 new groomer managers that will do nothing but piss off the volunteers and drivers in the clubs.
After spending two years negotiating our club out of a dominating control district there is no way I want any more of that grey hair making BS
Good luck to you all!
I'll be out riding GBay with the Cowboys!
FVWZGFsk3kW.png3 · Today at 1:40am
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Change is never easy, Pat.

Pat Murray

Would of been a lot easier to reduce the amount of trails in areas that do not have the permit sales.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · 5 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Most of those areas don't have the population base to sell lots of permits, but do have... More

Pat Murray

Garranty 12 new groomer coordinators will suck the rest of the money and life out of the clubs.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png3 · 5 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Don't know where you're getting that 12 number from - first I've heard of it. At... More

Ron Bates

Our club was doing great and I think this spells the end of local clubs and volunteer ism. That has to be what the ofsc wants, complete district control. With no volunteers and pride, the trails will suffer. How could 70% vote for such a flawed groomer strategy ?
FVWZGFsk3kW.png2 · 4 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Because it isn't flawed and those clubs realize that the old way of doing business isn't... More

Bonnie Taylor

What about the smaller trails that people who live in remote areas off of the c trail use. Will these still be serviced. Like others in Tiny I may be on the bay with no permit.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · 4 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Hi Bonnie, it's up to all the clubs in a district to make a grooming plan that's best for... More

Pat Murray

Of coarse you haven't heard because it is still unknown.
12 districts
All districts with approx 20 groomers to look after, there in not a volunteer that is going to look after this size of fleet.
Talk to me in two years time and we will discuss how much this program is really saving.
I do wish continued success to the OFSC, but this cat is going off the grid.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · 3 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Too bad, you're going to miss being part of a great success!

Gord Jones

I'm afraid we may see great volunteers walking away from clubs who have been running and grooming very efficiently based on snow, weather conditions, etc, all while working around volunteers"real life schedules" if they are going to be told how and when to volunteer their time properly.
It may be a great business model but then it will have to be run as a business, not a volunteer organization. We'll see.
Just now

On 2016-09-14 at 2:18 PM, 04nightfire said:

I'm surprised no thread on this yet.  Can't wait to hear all of what will be done or should be done to better our sledding experience

I just heard the Ontario Liberals have once again reduced our infrastructure grant now down to 1 million. I presume the OFSC will meekly accept this continued slap in the face. That's a 2/3 reduction in grants since the Liberals took over. My suggestion is for the OFSC to respond like this

"Dear Ontario Liberals.

Thank you, once again, for your contribution to our trails system which brings in over 2 billion tourist dollars to the Province. We see you have further reduced your contribution by 1/3 from last year. We must inform you that we will now be required to reduce our trail system by 1/3 in order to maintain a safe and enjoyable riding environment. We would like to give you an opportunity to partner with us in the trail reduction selection process. Our criteria in this trail closure system is that the trails must be in South Western Ontario and they must be in an area that voted in a Liberal Candidate last election.

We are attaching an OFSC Map for your convenience. Just use a red highlighter to stroke off 1/3 of the OFSC entire trail system. We were opening roughly 30,000 kms of trails so our reduction ntarget will be roughly 10,000 kms.

We would appreciate your input by 30 Sept 2016 so we can start informing Clubs of your wonderful assistance in helping to keep winter tourism to a minimum in our Province.

Soncerely

OFSC

20 hours ago, Oggy said:
News for Ontario Snowmobiling!
OFSC snowmobile clubs made a historic culture shift this morning at their 2016 Annual General Meeting. Their decision to approve the implementation of an ambitious and innovative new plan called "More On The Snow" over the next two or three years helps secure a successful future for organized trail riding in Ontario. It also sets a bold new direction for delivering great trails that will be the envy of many other snowmobile organizations in North America and a template many will emulate in years to come.
A multi-layered and integrated plan, More On The Snow will maximize effective and efficient use of permit dollars and improve rider experience by moving management of grooming operations from clubs to OFSC districts (reduced in number from the current 16 to 12), with clubs working collaboratively to plan and deliver grooming for their entire region rather than independently within individual club boundaries as is now the case. This new coordinated approach will streamline grooming as shared equipment goes wherever needed in each region, making for more seamlessly smooth trails and helping to assure more regular grooming even when a machine breaks down.
More On The Snow will also use permit dollars more effectively, saving money by moving management of groomer fleet operations to the provincial level where the ongoing purchase, replacement and allocation of these $250,000 + machines will be planned and delivered centrally (rather than piecemeal by individual clubs) thereby assuring that the entire fleet is being continually evaluated, monitored and updated with new equipment. This will improve rider experience with better and more consistent grooming capability (with fewer breakdowns) everywhere. Central fleet management will reduce costs by taking maximum advantage of bulk buying opportunities and new options such as short term rentals, leasing and equipment sharing, and by reducing costly repairs on aging machines.
Finally, More On The Snow improves rider experience by building stronger clubs and reducing volunteer workload in club administration and paperwork, enabling volunteers to focus more on delivering great trails and club social activities.
Two years in the planning, More On The Snow builds on an OFSC permit revenue redistribution decision several years ago that among other things now allocates more grooming dollars each season to regions with more snow. The many rider benefits of More On The Snow will not be seen overnight, but over the next several years should make Ontario an even better trail riding destination. Congratulations to OFSC clubs for having the vision and commitment to approve More On The Snow!
#ontariosnowtrails #gosnowmobilingontario

Yesterday at 3:45pm · Public · in Timeline Photos
View Full Size
Megan Dijkema and 87 others like this.

Patrick Crickard

I really don't know how this is going to work for deciding from the district level where to groom, and how often. Our district office location has a very different season then where our club is located. We get a hell of a lot more snow and traffic up north verses where our district office is. I really hope they don't paint is with the same brush as far as grooming. Also I really hope they do not give us any tractors. Keep the tractors where they were meant to be....in farm fields. Am also a volunteer and a club executive, that works hard to keep the trails open for future years to come for my children. I really hope they looked at this well, because we are in dire need of change up north where we get all the snow and have the most aging fleet, and run a pile of miles, and hours.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · Yesterday at 10:36pm
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Valid concerns, Patrick and that's why the northern districts voted for the new plan.

Graham Duke

Love all the anti tractor groomer comments where the hell does OFSC think buying $300,000 ski hill groomer money will come from if they keep selling $180 permits. Big dreams. 3 tractor purchases for every 2 Prinoth or Piston Bulley. Think about it.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png2 · Yesterday at 11:42pm
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The clubs in each district will decide on a district grooming plan, so if local trails... More

Tyler Hoy

Not happy about mots going through too much shit needs to be addressed before it's going to work
They screwed up on framework for change and only have a two year plan for mots yet and when you ask them anything about year three yet and they don't have an answer on how things are going to work isn't good
Permit prices need to go up there is no ifs ands or buts about it
There better be a significant increase for next year or we can't sustain ourselves
We went down the wrong path with these 187.50 permits
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · Yesterday at 11:57pm
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Snow certainly helped, but permit sales at the higher fees had been dropping off for many... More

Pat Murray

After years of being heavily involved in my local club I call total bullshit.
Clubs that have been successful for all these years are now being forced to turn over assets and management our there clubs.
The so called monies they r trying to save will be spent on 12 new groomer managers that will do nothing but piss off the volunteers and drivers in the clubs.
After spending two years negotiating our club out of a dominating control district there is no way I want any more of that grey hair making BS
Good luck to you all!
I'll be out riding GBay with the Cowboys!
FVWZGFsk3kW.png3 · Today at 1:40am
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Change is never easy, Pat.

Pat Murray

Would of been a lot easier to reduce the amount of trails in areas that do not have the permit sales.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · 5 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Most of those areas don't have the population base to sell lots of permits, but do have... More

Pat Murray

Garranty 12 new groomer coordinators will suck the rest of the money and life out of the clubs.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png3 · 5 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Don't know where you're getting that 12 number from - first I've heard of it. At... More

Ron Bates

Our club was doing great and I think this spells the end of local clubs and volunteer ism. That has to be what the ofsc wants, complete district control. With no volunteers and pride, the trails will suffer. How could 70% vote for such a flawed groomer strategy ?
FVWZGFsk3kW.png2 · 4 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Because it isn't flawed and those clubs realize that the old way of doing business isn't... More

Bonnie Taylor

What about the smaller trails that people who live in remote areas off of the c trail use. Will these still be serviced. Like others in Tiny I may be on the bay with no permit.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · 4 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Hi Bonnie, it's up to all the clubs in a district to make a grooming plan that's best for... More

Pat Murray

Of coarse you haven't heard because it is still unknown.
12 districts
All districts with approx 20 groomers to look after, there in not a volunteer that is going to look after this size of fleet.
Talk to me in two years time and we will discuss how much this program is really saving.
I do wish continued success to the OFSC, but this cat is going off the grid.
FVWZGFsk3kW.png1 · 3 hours ago
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
The Intrepid Snowmobiler
Too bad, you're going to miss being part of a great success!

Gord Jones

I'm afraid we may see great volunteers walking away from clubs who have been running and grooming very efficiently based on snow, weather conditions, etc, all while working around volunteers"real life schedules" if they are going to be told how and when to volunteer their time properly.
It may be a great business model but then it will have to be run as a business, not a volunteer organization. We'll see.
Just now

Was following this to see all the comments.  Guaranteed more and more sledders will head to quebec

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

Was following this to see all the comments.  Guaranteed more and more sledders will head to quebec

Only reading the notes C&P above, sounds like bad feedback, but if it was passed by 70%+ of clubs, there must be something to it that lots of the clubs see value in? I can see where there concerns are with this though, seems like the clubs will loose their individual control/identity of their gear, machines, fundraising money, etc....

Maybe the ones that do not like it, are the clubs "hiding" things! 

21 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Only reading the notes C&P above, sounds like bad feedback, but if it was passed by 70%+ of clubs, there must be something to it that lots of the clubs see value in? I can see where there concerns are with this though, seems like the clubs will loose their individual control/identity of their gear, machines, fundraising money, etc....

Maybe the ones that do not like it, are the clubs "hiding" things! 

Quite possible on the bold.  It will be interesting to see what happens this year.  I'll still buy my pass and ride around here.  I saw that D7 and D10 are merging together (correct me if I'm wrong)  Going to be an interesting winter ahead

2 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Quite possible on the bold.  It will be interesting to see what happens this year.  I'll still buy my pass and ride around here.  I saw that D7 and D10 are merging together (correct me if I'm wrong)  Going to be an interesting winter ahead

Me too....buy and ride (hopefully). 

I read the same thing about 7 & 10. 

I've been reading through these posts and see that nothing has changed. Most Clubs in Ontario have no clue of the Corporations act and our Not For Profit Status. They seem to think that they can stash away monies and continue to make a profit. I see posts such as "our club does very well on its own with no district control" or "Why should we sell permits simply to have the money ripped away from us for the other clubs"....It seems the majority still hate the OFSC and District control. Maybe those clubs should look at trying to go totally alone with their own permit system, their own liability insurance, their own operating and maintenance costs and their own infrastructure costs.....Good luck with that!!!!

On 19/09/2016 at 9:23 AM, 04nightfire said:

Don't count on it, trails there are heading for the toilet bowl. Govt is pulling all grants and funding that supply groomers and paid operator's. They came to Ontario for insight on how to run a self funded system.