Leafs

Poncho

12 hours ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

it was ron maclean trying to bootlick the viewers with contrition and humility. was actually sad to see him like that. but the ever entertaining leafs, now there is something that is a joy to watch. hahahahahahahahahahahaha

It made me sick watching that. What a spineless pushover he was. :S

11 hours ago, Poncho said:

I missed as well, but did they confirm it is the end of Coach’s Corner?

Pretty much. I forget Ron's exact words at the beginning but he more or less confirmed this was the end of an era. I turned the game off right after watching him bow to the snowflake/liberal agenda and never turned it on again.

I knew the outcome of the game a head of time anyways but even if I thought the leafs were going to win, I still would have turned it off. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The Penguins put on a clinic  in less than 1/2 a game. The high priced help isn't helping. It's a shame that Freddie has to be bombarded every time he's starting a game and no help from a so-called backup. 

I'm pretty sure this guy started but have no idea if he stayed in the whole game? Kasimir Kaskisuo

https://theathletic.com/1384057/2019/11/16/leafs-report-cards-kasmir-kaskisuo-thrown-to-the-wolves-in-embarassing-effort-vs-penguins/

Hey Irv, what would you have said or done different, IF YOU WERE IN RON MCLEANS SHOES ????????

Don Cheery was well past his best before date, like 10 years ago. True hockey fans would much rather watch skill, than goons fighting.

Don was stuck in the eighties, and just couldn,t change with the times, kinda like my way, one way, Babblecock.

24 minutes ago, irv said:

I'm pretty sure this guy started but have no idea if he stayed in the whole game? Kasimir Kaskisuo

https://theathletic.com/1384057/2019/11/16/leafs-report-cards-kasmir-kaskisuo-thrown-to-the-wolves-in-embarassing-effort-vs-penguins/

The new backup started and 28 min later they were down 5-0. I couldn't watch anymore and was originally gonna switch it when down by two

15 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The new backup started and 28 min later they were down 5-0. I couldn't watch anymore and was originally gonna switch it when down by two

Did he get pulled or did he stay in for the whole game? I assume he stayed in? Not sure what is going to happen? My gut tells me Babs will be gone soon?

I honestly never expected the Leafs would be so shitty this year. I actually had hope. :sad:

18 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Irv, what would you have said or done different, IF YOU WERE IN RON MCLEANS SHOES ????????

Don Cheery was well past his best before date, like 10 years ago. True hockey fans would much rather watch skill, than goons fighting.

Don was stuck in the eighties, and just couldn,t change with the times, kinda like my way, one way, Babblecock.

He bowed to their conformity, never defended Don's words at all even though he was nodding his head in agreement when Cherry said "You people" 

"True hockey fans" loved Don Cherry and loved everything he did for the game, the vets, the kids and other charities but due to this now Liberal snowflake society we live in, speaking the truth can no longer be allowed if it upsets any of the snowflakes.

53 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

But what would you have said IF you were in Rons shoes ??? I,m sure he isn,t going to defend Don and risk the chance of getting the boot as well. Nobody in their right mind would. What would you have done, or said ? 

Ron showed zero integrity and fortitude in anything he said last night. Like I said, he simply bowed to the Liberal snowflake agenda like a good little sheep and in doing so, made himself look even worse by throwing Don further under the bus. I'm done watching him and likely HNIC as well. I honestly thought Ron was more of a man instead of the coward I seen last night. 

ron.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with what you are saying, but you aren,t answering the question I keep asking.

What would you of did or said different IF you were in his shoes ?

Honestly, I don,t think TSN cares if they loose a few Don Cherry supporters. Did you see that less than 50 people turned out to protest his firing ? Don,t really think that is going to make much difference. He won,t be back. End of an era.

7 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I agree with what you are saying, but you aren,t answering the question I keep asking.

What would you of did or said different IF you were in his shoes ?

Honestly, I don,t think TSN cares if they loose a few Don Cherry supporters. Did you see that less than 50 people turned out to protest his firing ? Don,t really think that is going to make much difference. He won,t be back. End of an era.

Ron, in no way shape or form needs the money, so in saying that, I certainly wouldn't have thrown Don under the bus any further. He could have said plenty in support of Don but chose not to say anything that would tarnish the snowflake/liberal policies of SportsNet/Rogers (Not TSN, they are owned by Bell)

He could have easily defended him, could have easily said if this is what this network wants from me, then I resign. He simply threw 40+ years, maybe more, of friendship out the window because he has no balls and just conforms when asked.

Imo, he is done anyways. He is getting practically zero support for what he did to Don and that became worse after last nights gibberish. 

ron1.jpg

• Haha 2

Honestly, I cann,t imagine anyone ending their own career defending someone, that was totally wrong. Nobody in their right mind would. And saying someone doesn,t really need the money, doesn,t mean that they aren,t still going to try and earn as much as they can, while they can. By the way, they are still friends. Don knows he was wrong, but is just too stubborn to admit it, or apologize. Rumor has it that Brian Burke is going to be filling in after the first period to replace Don. He is much more diplomat. Being a lawyer, he has a much better way with words. 

Now IRV is going to bash Ron Maclean a person that has done even more for Hockey then Cherry - what a sad day with its come to this ---

He is the one at the desk talking hockey and what happened that period,  Canada revolted when he was replaced with tight pants ( I guess you would cheer that now ) 

Ron is and has been a class act his entire career 

you are one strange person IRV - you retire this month?  

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Honestly, I cann,t imagine anyone ending their own career defending someone, that was totally wrong. Nobody in their right mind would. And saying someone doesn,t really need the money, doesn,t mean that they aren,t still going to try and earn as much as they can, while they can. By the way, they are still friends. Don knows he was wrong, but is just too stubborn to admit it, or apologize. Rumor has it that Brian Burke is going to be filling in after the first period to replace Don. He is much more diplomat. Being a lawyer, he has a much better way with words. 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Now IRV is going to bash Ron Maclean a person that has done even more for Hockey then Cherry - what a sad day with its come to this ---

He is the one at the desk talking hockey and what happened that period,  Canada revolted when he was replaced with tight pants ( I guess you would cheer that now ) 

Ron is and has been a class act his entire career 

you are one strange person IRV - you retire this month?  

Shocking, that you 2 just don't get it! :lol:

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/a-response-to-don-cherrys-firing-from-a-daughter-of-immigrants/?fbclid=IwAR1_eGOH53QnD0lscQdsEkoW_uupyk8zMYpwqFKxMlv1Ns1diOeodxcggAI

cherry6.jpg

1 minute ago, irv said:

you are right I don't understand why you know have been told to hate RON and you follow that demand 

Ron is a true Canadian IMO - nothing has changed

who else are you hating on IRV?  did you cancel your sportsnet?  I hope so or you don't support VETs 

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

you are right I don't understand why you know have been told to hate RON and you follow that demand 

Ron is a true Canadian IMO - nothing has changed

who else are you hating on IRV?  did you cancel your sportsnet?  I hope so or you don't support VETs 

:lol:

Watching the leafs last night, for the time in a while, was sad.....must have zero big contract players and in the rebuilding stage I assume......

As for Ron, reminded me of a sympathetic rat, quite the opposite of what Don and him have represented on the corner for a long time....really makes you wonder how he was able to do this, this long with Don, but then again, I think without Don, where would Ron be now.....

I also think what he said, was expected of him by the masses, which is sad, but so is taking what Don said to the degree it has been, sad......right or wrong, that is Don Cherry, what you expect of him. Could have easily done some damage control in a different fashion.

• Like 3

Knowing how cheap and money hungry some guys are on here, it is kinda comical that they say they would have bailed, along with Don.

It,s kinda easy to spot who they are, ask a million questions about some product, over the course of a week, to save 5 bucks, or ask about a mechanical problem, because they are to cheap to take it to a proper garage to have it diagnosed and fixed properly, for once and for all.... LOL

Are you fukkin kidding me. Nobody would give up a million dollars a year salary, for a friend, or family for that matter

. Especially when that friend was wrong, and would not admit he was wrong. They gave him a chance, an out, if he would apologize.

To stupid, or to stubborn to admit his tongue was working faster than his brain, take your pick.

Edited by Frostynuts

hey trail. it is the fact ronny didn't say shit that night. all of a sudden he is maybe in the cross hairs too and he gets some 'advice' and  runs the bullshit. and a few years ago, ronny was getting eyed for the chopping block and cherry went to bat for him and put himself out there for him. it is the optics of bailing on a "friend'. fuck him

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Don Cherry got a severance package after he got fired ? It would make an interesting court case if Don fought his fired without just cause case to court. Maybe some high profile lawyer would take his case if he was interested in fighting it.

IF he signed off on a severance package, I doubt if he could fight for anything in the courts of law.

5 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Does anyone know if Don Cherry got a severance package after he got fired ? It would make an interesting court case if Don fought his fired without just cause case to court. Maybe some high profile lawyer would take his case if he was interested in fighting it.

IF he signed off on a severance package, I doubt if he could fight for anything in the courts of law.

Of course he did....disclosure later

1 hour ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

Hey trail. It is the fact Ronny didn't say shit that night. All of a sudden he is maybe in the cross hairs too and he gets some 'advice' and  runs the bullshit, and a few years ago, Ronny was getting eyed for the chopping block and Cherry went to bat for him and put himself out there for him. It is the optics of bailing on a "friend'. fuck him

Trail's not very bright, and although he defends Ronnies behavior, he's likely unaware of anything you said and what is written below. Typical whiny, conforming liberal sheep that has no clue, as usual. :news:

On January 16, 2010, MacLean presented a pre-game piece together with NHL representative Colin Campbell focusing on Vancouver Canucks player Alexandre Burrows, in follow up to an earlier incident between Burrows and referee Stéphane Auger[13] in which the credibility of Auger was called into question. The piece was considered by a number of prominent sports writers, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault, and some fans to be a one-sided smear against Burrows.[14][15][16] MacLean appeared on Vancouver-based sports radio show Team 1040 on January 18, 2010, and strongly denied being biased or one-sided during his presentation.[17] In 2017, MacLean apologized to postal workers after suggesting their jobs were "effectively obsolete." [18]

Bobby Orr defends Don Cherry, rips Sportsnet for decision to fire commentator.

Legendary defenceman Bobby Orr has blasted Sportsnet for firing Don Cherry.

In an interview with Boston radio station WEEI on Thursday, Orr called the decision to sack his former Bruins coach “disgraceful.”

“I know Grapes better than anybody,” Orr said. “He’s not a bigot and he’s not a racist. This guy is the most generous, caring guy that I know. What they’ve done to him up there is disgraceful, it really is. It’s a new world I guess. Freedom of speech doesn’t matter.”

Sportsnet fired Cherry on Monday following his comments on “Hockey Night in Canada,” which many felt were critical of immigrants for not wearing Remembrance Day poppies.

https://rdnewsnow.com/2019/11/15/bobby-orr-defends-don-cherry-rips-sportsnet-for-decision-to-fire-commentator-2/

cherry1.jpg