Leafs

Poncho

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

They have been weak, period,..... just not last night. They couldn't even handle the Habs.  It's early but unless they sort this out soon they will be in trouble,...... again.....this is a recording

I'm thinking, for the most part, this is the problem. Many new players that have to gel/get use to one another. I like the looks of them this year compared to last but I still can't figure out the signing of Spezza? 

He has his moments but I think he can be real lazy at times. Bab's benching of him the first game just verified my thoughts of him. I honestly don't see him playing a whole lot as I don't think he can play the game consistently the way Bab's wants. 

• 2 weeks later...

The big boys are sure slacking.....I’m thinking they aren’t showing up and maybe trying to find a creative way to dump the coach.....if things don’t change, mid November old Babcock will be the next to go.....just saying

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The big boys are sure slacking.....I’m thinking they aren’t showing up and maybe trying to find a creative way to dump the coach.....if things don’t change, mid November old Babcock will be the next to go.....just saying

I said the same a few games ago

• 2 weeks later...

Innocent enough of a play but a bad result. Backes can be a dirty player but he did nothing wrong here. Looks like they banged heads and Sabourin got the worst of it. Backes is clearly upset and has left the game due to this and is showing a side to him I never thought I'd see.

I,m guessing babblecock will be gone before Christmas. Mathews looks like he doesn,t give a fak if they win or lose.

All the kids are rich, and are going to coast until they get a new coach. Sheldon Keefe will be the next one. 

I wonder how many times doughty watched tachucks super goal ? LOL

Edited by Frostynuts

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

I,m guessing babblecock will be gone before Christmas. Mathews looks like he doesn,t give a fak if they win or lose.

All the kids are rich, and are going to coast until they get a new coach. Sheldon Keefe will be the next one. 

I wonder how many times doughty watched tachucks super goal ? LOL

It sure is a painful team to watch. I think there's dissention in the ranks and it's every player for themselves. Babdick has to go!

Way to soft physically, and not tough enough mentally. They all remind me of Jason Spezza when he was in his prime. A good player during the regular season, but disappears when the going gets tough, especially in the playoffs, when guys play for real, and aren,t just going thru the motions. It,s to bad Mathews didn,t have Gallaghers heart and drive. I now understand why Mathews wanted to play in Europe before playing in the NHL. The OHL might of scared him off. LOL 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

missed Coaches Corner tonight dam it, did anyone see it?

Leafs getting beat to the puck again and again and again 

it was ron maclean trying to bootlick the viewers with contrition and humility. was actually sad to see him like that. but the ever entertaining leafs, now there is something that is a joy to watch. hahahahahahahahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

it was ron maclean trying to bootlick the viewers with contrition and humility. was actually sad to see him like that. but the ever entertaining leafs, now there is something that is a joy to watch. hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I missed as well, but did they confirm it is the end of Coach’s Corner?

11 hours ago, Poncho said:

Babcock gone soon. Too many big contracts and absolutely no interest in playing competitively. Cherry’s available 

The Shannaplan isn’t all that great I would say.

Get rid of the little boy GM Dubas.

They should have let Hunter build a team.  He had the experience of playoff hockey to know what it takes.

• Like 1

Good bye Babblecock, hello Sheldon Keefe or maybe even Hunter, although I,m not sure he would want to be there if Dubas is around.

Toronto has been getting hammered hard by the media in the last week or so. It,s going to be a real tough road trip, for all those involved.

Good thing Toronto has the die hard fan base they do have. Maybe a second nhl team  in Toronto would give them higher hopes of ever getting a cup. These guys will be lucky to get into the play-offs. Supposedly the highest paid team in the NHL.  Tons of individual talent, zero team play. What a waste.