Leafs

Poncho

So the multi-millionaire Americans that play for a team based in Toronto beat the multi-millionaire Americans that play for a team based in California.

What does this have to do with Canada.........................................................................................YAWN!

On 6/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, Bigfish said:

So the multi-millionaire Americans that play for a team based in Toronto beat the multi-millionaire Americans that play for a team based in California.

What does this have to do with Canada.........................................................................................YAWN!

You can apply that thinking to a lot of things.

"We won"  - really?, you and I weren't even there.:lol: 

On 6/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, Bigfish said:

you obviously don't follow any sports or any team which is fine but,

I guess to the fan that watched every single game it means a lot. 

Why do we have CFL football league?  its all Americans 

39 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Raptors Day

Tory was welcomed

Trudeau was mostly welcomed

Slogan Man was booed pretty hard

strange eh!

Dude, all the people that don't have real jobs showed up.  Trudeau should have got a standing ovation.

17 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Dude, all the people that don't have real jobs showed up.  Trudeau should have got a standing ovation.

I'm sure the shiny pony drove to T.O in an electric vehicle to cut down on his carbon footprint while drinking from his paper box plastic, er paper plastic box thing

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, irv said:

Are the Leafs going to let Marner slip away?? I certainly hope not but I thought a deal would have been done long ago!!

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/maple-leafs-officially-sign-kapanen-johnsson-to-contracts

I hope not but I think the Leafs are just waiting to see what another team will offer than plan their move from that....  Marner is a value for sure

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

marner can sit or get traded now.  

I don't like what I'm seeing/hearing regarding Marner but maybe its just a new way of doing things this day and age? I love watching the kid play and definitely hope he resigns but with the hefty contracts the Leafs have handed out lately, it might be tough for them to get him signed?

Imo, which will never change, Nylander got way more than he deserved. Whether this fact is now haunting Toronto and they're hesitant to sign Marner for the money or term or both,,,,, or Marner looks at this contract and thinks if Nylander got what he wanted, then so should I. :dunno:

But, like I wrote above, with the amount of RFA's remaining/unsigned so far, maybe this is just how things are done this day, or is something new going on?

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-hockey-rfa-preview-list-2019/c-299419564

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/werenski-deal-could-break-logjam

leafs. hahahahaha. you poor leaf fans are as sad sack as cunuck fans. (no, i am wrong. nothing is as pathetic as them). i am sure you go to the message parlour and ask for massage, with out the happy ending. full disclosure, i am an oiler and wings fan. ya, i know

On 9/12/2019 at 6:15 PM, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

leafs. hahahahaha. you poor leaf fans are as sad sack as cunuck fans. (no, i am wrong. nothing is as pathetic as them). i am sure you go to the message parlour and ask for massage, with out the happy ending. full disclosure, i am an oiler and wings fan. ya, i know

I am so sorry 

• Like 1

So 22 year old Auston Mathews moons a security guard kind of as he didn’t bare his ass completely and now he is no longer fit for Captaincy?

Its amazing that a young man was considered for such a role if he is not allowed to be a young man.

Years ago I attended the stag of a young man who would become captain of a NHL team many years later.  I guess no one ever cared about stuff like this 35 years ago because it was way worse behaviour then exhibited now.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sksman said:

So 22 year old Auston Mathews moons a security guard kind of as he didn’t bare his ass completely and now he is no longer fit for Captaincy?

Its amazing that a young man was considered for such a role if he is not allowed to be a young man.

Years ago I attended the stag of a young man who would become captain of a NHL team many years later.  I guess no one ever cared about stuff like this 35 years ago because it was way worse behaviour then exhibited now.  

Yeah, times have definitely changed but outside of the Mathews issue, I thought anyone thinking about making Mathews or Marner captain, didn't know what they were doing. Imo, both are still way too young and not mature enough to handle the role. I think JT or Morgan Rielly would be far better choices and maybe even Jake Muzzin considering his experience and age.

I say let the kids be kids for a while yet before putting a C on either of those guys.

It,s really to bad that the female security guard didn,t just speak with Auston the following day, and then let it go.

A few beers, and getting a little silly these days can get one in a lot of trouble in a hurry, for such a minor thing.

However, he should of let the Leafs know as soon as possible after the incident happened, and they might of come up with a way to make this incident disappear without it getting into social media. Not dropping his drawers and exposing his ass will probably save him.

Hopefully, for his sake, all charges get dropped in lieu of a donation to charity. He,s a great kid, under a lot of pressure.