Leafs

Poncho

On 4/23/2019 at 11:14 PM, irv said:

Yep, what's another year at this point anyways. What's your thoughts on a Cup winner now? Baring injuries, I like the winner out of the Vegas/Sharks series but, imo, it's practically anyone's cup now. 

San Jose but it’s anyone’s cup now.  San Jose have a strong back end plenty of strength, also keep an eye on the Islanders, Trotz is a good coach and the team has bought into his methods.  He got a cup for Washington and I think was a better coach for the Preds than Peter is now.  Not to mention, there are plenty of good Canadian boys on the Islanders. 

Edited by Poncho

17 hours ago, Poncho said:

San Jose but it’s anyone’s cup now.  San Jose have a strong back end plenty of strength, also keep an eye on the Islanders, Trotz is a good coach and the team has bought into his methods.  He got a cup for Washington and I think was a better coach for the Preds than Peter is now.  Not to mention, there are plenty of good Canadian boys on the Islanders. 

Yeah, the Islanders look very good as well. That would be something for JT if they won the cup this year! 

37 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Well, my hockey pool is now royally fucked.  Losing Vegas, Winnipeg and Washington has done me in

I never got in one this year but I highly doubt anyone chose all those underdogs? Those who maybe did are certainly laughing now. I honestly don't think I'd be one of those guys because I certainly didn't expect to see what has happened so far. 

52 minutes ago, irv said:

Yeah, the Islanders look very good as well. That would be something for JT if they won the cup this year! 

I never got in one this year but I highly doubt anyone chose all those underdogs? Those who maybe did are certainly laughing now. I honestly don't think I'd be one of those guys because I certainly didn't expect to see what has happened so far. 

I almost loaded up on Columbus and islanders but couldn't pull the trigger

• 1 month later...

Anyone watching or has the Raptor fever taken over. I’m still watching, I want St Louis to win, but that is a long shot......as is anyone’s guess this year.  Go Raptors 

25 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Anyone watching or has the Raptor fever taken over. I’m still watching, I want St Louis to win, but that is a long shot......as is anyone’s guess this year.  Go Raptors 

I'm still watching, although I forgot about the game being on until I read your post. :ashamed: I too want St Louis to win but at this point, I don't really care a whole lot. Not much of a basketball fan so I have only been watching the highlights when I catch them the next morning. My Dad won Raptor tickets for their first playoff game from his Union and gave them to my son and his girlfriend. Each ticket was worth $429 dollars! I read tonight some are paying $10,000 per ticket for the finals. :wtf:

On 5/29/2019 at 9:12 PM, irv said:

I'm still watching, although I forgot about the game being on until I read your post. :ashamed: I too want St Louis to win but at this point, I don't really care a whole lot. Not much of a basketball fan so I have only been watching the highlights when I catch them the next morning. My Dad won Raptor tickets for their first playoff game from his Union and gave them to my son and his girlfriend. Each ticket was worth $429 dollars! I read tonight some are paying $10,000 per ticket for the finals. :wtf:

Go Blues

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

Go Blues

Boston's too strong. They will hoist the Cup for sure now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 11:34 PM, irv said:

Boston's too strong. They will hoist the Cup for sure now. 

I should have known better. :fool:

St Louis.jpg

9 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Disappointed in Boston's play tonight 

What exactly were you disappointed with? At one time Boston out shot the Blues 30 to 16. Binnington was the difference, plain and simple. He played the game of his life last night and lead the Blues to their first Stanley Cup. 

26 minutes ago, irv said:

What exactly were you disappointed with? At one time Boston out shot the Blues 30 to 16. Binnington was the difference, plain and simple. He played the game of his life last night and lead the Blues to their first Stanley Cup. 

Plain out too many give aways  D was coughing up the puck constant, forwards didn't have make the passes needed again giving it up in the Blues end - Sure they took shots at the net but their play was weak the entire game.

Goalies are always the difference - there isn't one Boston player that said in the dressing room "we tried our best"

4-0 in game 7 is a complete let down IMO 

If anything I am glad for Bozak and Steen lol go ex leafs go 

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Plain out too many give aways  D was coughing up the puck constant, forwards didn't have make the passes needed again giving it up in the Blues end - Sure they took shots at the net but their play was weak the entire game.

Goalies are always the difference - there isn't one Boston player that said in the dressing room "we tried our best"

4-0 in game 7 is a complete let down IMO 

If anything I am glad for Bozak and Steen lol go ex leafs go 

add Gunnarsson to that as well

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

add Gunnarsson to that as well

The Fact we gave up RASK for nothing is telling of what Toronto used to do with trades  lol

Our turn is coming, next year we will beat Boston and go all the way - so close this year

9 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

The Fact we gave up RASK for nothing is telling of what Toronto used to do with trades  lol

Our turn is coming, next year we will beat Boston and go all the way - so close this year

We would have had task, seguin and Hamilton. Will be interesting to see what the leafs do this off season 

12 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

We would have had task, seguin and Hamilton. Will be interesting to see what the leafs do this off season 

pretty solid team we have. gave Bruins a hard time and they beat the shit of everyone except the BLUEs of ex leafs

This is our year coming