Leafs

Poncho

14 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

He is leading his team at -9 in goals for / against. Is that what 11M per season gets you these days ? LOL

No, this is why he is paid 11 million a season. 

He became the second Kings player (Rob Blake in 1998) to win the Norris Trophy (league's best defenseman) Then he took home the award in 2016. He has been named to four consecutive NHL All-Star Games as well and is a three-time NHL First Team All-Star (2017-18, 2015-16 and 2008-09) and a two-time NHL Second Team All Star (2014-15 and 2009-10).

During his 10-year NHL career, Doughty has appeared in 770 regular season games, and tallied 422 points (102-320=422), a plus-93 rating and 555 penalty minutes. He currently ranks second on the Kings all-time list among defensemen in goals, assists and points (trailing only Blake in all three categories), and third in games played.

You're carrying on like it's all Doughty's fault L.A. is doing so poorly this year. :news: The last time I checked, there were 18 skaters on a the bench. You and him have some history of some sort, or are you just trolling? :dunno:

Edited by irv

Are they paying him for what he did since he came into the league, or for what they are expecting him to do moving forward, starting this year ? What have you done for me lately ? They should have traded him for a bunch of first round draft picks, and moved on to get the team younger, and faster.

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2018 at 10:01 PM, irv said:

Well, they have played more games than anyone else to date so that might have caught up with them last night? I personally didn't think they played that well at all, even their last game before last night I thought they looked tired/unmotivated.

I also laugh at people saying they are cup contenders. I think they are better than last years team but they will not go far unless they get some decent defensemen. Also, if any of the top 4 guys get hurt, (Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Andersen) it will hurt bad as they lack depth.

I enjoy watching them but all the hype is laughable at this point. 

12 minutes ago, Poncho said:

So now what......lol

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Have the wheels fallen off, injuries caught up or something else???

Like I said back in November, they need defensemen if they plan on doing anything, and like I also said, if anyone of those guys get hurt, they are finished. Boston showed them, the Islanders, Tampa, to name a few, how weak their defense is. I honestly still don't see them going very far and if they are facing Boston again, which is shaping up to be, they will be out in the first round again. 

25 minutes ago, smokin george said:

They're definately not playing great hockey. Could be something going on in the locker room

All they have to do is play some stinkin hockey a few days a week for just over half the year, what could possibly get into their heads that can make the wheels fall off :lol:

I am sure whatever it is, will work it self out and we will maybe see one round of playoff hockey with the leafs....maybe 2 rounds if we are real lucky! 

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

All they have to do is play some stinkin hockey a few days a week for just over half the year, what could possibly get into their heads that can make the wheels fall off :lol:

I am sure whatever it is, will work it self out and we will maybe see one round of playoff hockey with the leafs....maybe 2 rounds if we are real lucky! 

They will, but like I said in October........this ain’t the year....again

• Like 1

Mathews is pissed off at Bablecock, and he,ll be headed to Arizona shortly, for the good of the game.

They won,t be able to afford to keep their top 4 guys, and as everyone has mentioned, they ain,t mentally or physically tough enough, so it will be a short playoff run.

Got beat last night by Colorado, that,s a confidence builder, for a team that is suppose to have 3 good lines.

Edited by Frostynuts

4 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Mathews is pissed off at Bablecock, and he,ll be headed to Arizona shortly, for the good of the game.

They won,t be able to afford to keep their top 4 guys, and as everyone has mentioned, they ain,t mentally or physically tough enough, so it will be a short playoff run.

Got beat last night by Colorado, that,s a confidence builder, for a team that is suppose to have 3 good lines.

Where are you getting that info from? I know there was a riff last year but I haven't heard anything about one this year? Gardiner got booed pretty good last night. I am not sure if he'll be around much longer?

Hey Irv, just whatch the expressions on Mathews face any time babblecock talks to him on the bench. 

Does Mathews look as interested to you as he did at the beginning of the year ? Kinda looks like he don,t GAF to most of the fans around this area. Giving JT the C is going to piss him off even more, as well.

How far do you think they will go in the playoffs this spring ?

Edited by Frostynuts

18 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Irv, just whatch the expressions on Mathews face any time babblecock talks to him on the bench. 

Does Mathews look as interested to you as he did at the beginning of the year ? Kinda looks like he don,t GAF to most of the fans around this area. Giving JT the C is going to piss him off even more, as well.

How far do you think they will go in the playoffs this spring ?

I'll have to pay attention the next game. It's something I haven't noticed but I usually don't watch a game entirely. Is JT getting the C or is that just speculation? I said above how I think they will do in the playoffs. They need defense if they think they are going places. Cup Contenders at the start of the year. It was laughable then and it's still laughable. 

All the top broadcasters are saying JT will be getting the C. He has out performed Mathews by a long shot, and has held that position for many years in New York.

They don,t think Mathews would be able to handle the added pressure, especially in Toronto.

My guess he,ll be the new Coyotes captain. LOL 

22 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

All the top broadcasters are saying JT will be getting the C. He has out performed Mathews by a long shot, and has held that position for many years in New York.

They don,t think Mathews would be able to handle the added pressure, especially in Toronto.

My guess he,ll be the new Coyotes captain. LOL 

Anything is possible, I guess? 

1 hour ago, irv said:

I'll have to pay attention the next game. It's something I haven't noticed but I usually don't watch a game entirely. Is JT getting the C or is that just speculation? I said above how I think they will do in the playoffs. They need defense if they think they are going places. Cup Contenders at the start of the year. It was laughable then and it's still laughable. 

Just start hoping they make the playoffs at this point... ;) 

5 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Just start hoping they make the playoffs at this point... ;) 

Only 2 wins in their last 7 games, and they face Tampa Bay Thursday night. I am guessing they will be 2 and 8 after that one but I am unsure how TB has been playing lately? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, irv said:

Only 2 wins in their last 7 games, and they face Tampa Bay Thursday night. I am guessing they will be 2 and 8 after that one but I am unsure how TB has been playing lately? 

Well, I was wrong above and another big win last night. Word is out big time they need defense so I expect something before/on Feb 25th. 

18 hours ago, irv said:

Well, I was wrong above and another big win last night. Word is out big time they need defense so I expect something before/on Feb 25th. 

Have your eyes open at the deadline for Radko Gudas coming to the leafs. Ive been wondering if were ever gonna have a guy on our team again with some grit. Not like babcock to have a team of lightweights IMO. Trade rumors about the leafs scouting gudas from the flyers right now. In my eyes we have a good set of finesse Dman. Its time for some rough'n tumble fellas.

PS... Jake Gardiner is a waste of time and money. 

Edited by Tommy

50 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Have your eyes open at the deadline for Radko Gudas coming to the leafs. Ive been wondering if were ever gonna have a guy on our team again with some grit. Not like babcock to have a team of lightweights IMO. Trade rumors about the leafs scouting gudas from the flyers right now. In my eyes we have a good set of finesse Dman. Its time for some rough'n tumble fellas.

I'd take Jamie Oleksiak

11 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I'd take Jamie Oleksiak

a couple of the articles ive read mentioned Alex Pietrangelo aswell. I lean to Gudas as hes a 3.35m contract vs Pietrangelo at 6.5m

13 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Pietrangelo would be nice.  Oleksiak is at 2.3 I think

He would look good in blue for sure. Tbh if we can get anyone with a half decent track record Ill be excited to see the last 30 games play out.

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Has Gudas cleaned up his act? I haven't heard anything about him this year but maybe that's because a lot of focus is still on Tom Wilson? I know Gudas plays with an edge and has been suspended large before so that concerns me as we don't need him suspended or sitting in the box game after game. 

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

I'd take Jamie Oleksiak

Has he been mentioned as a possibility? Pietrangelo would be a good pick up and I can see that as a possibility considering how well St. Louis is doing this year. I read/heard this morning about the Leafs maybe thinking about dumping Nylander? I honestly can't see anyone taking him and his contract at this point but maybe a package can happen? The Leafs did get rid of Phaneuf, Kessel, and Clarkson when many didn't think it could happen so who knows?