Leafs

Poncho

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I thought that Tort's would be great, certainly entertaining with the media.  He was good in Vancouver but he didn't deliver in the end

Don't want to say next year but we are looking very good,  there isn't a big trade on the line any time soon 

Nope,  you will never win with this team...to weak.  It’s clear no heart.

Edited by Poncho

Team management didn’t care to win last night.  Look at the roster decisions they made.

One big line of scorers.  Nothing else with a significant punch.

Take out a 18 year old who could be a game changer with limited ice and put in a guy who hasn’t played or participated fully in 6 months.  

Move Nylander to play at center in middle of series.

Dubas and Shanahan know their greatest chance to win anything in 2020 is the draft lottery.  12.5% chance to win it.  

Way better odds then a poor selected and built and managed team getting through the next playoff round.  We all know the team lacks the warriors for playoff hockey.

Imagine if they win the lottery.

What defencemen package can they get for a Lafraniere

Or win lottery and trade away a Marner or Mathews or Taveres and Nylander.

Best-move for Leafs was losing last night!  That’s what they banked on!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Knuckle ball goal but what is to be expected after 5 or 6 hours of hockey....

The ref totally blew that call. That is a penalty all day everyday. 

1 minute ago, irv said:

1 minute ago, irv said:

Yep for sure. 

We are now rooting for the Canadiens.  Lol never in my life. I hope they make it but a very long shot. As for my favourite coach Tort; he left the stupid post-game douchbag question period. I would have too. https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tortorella-walks-away-podium-two-questions-following-series-loss/?fbclid=IwAR1urn5AZntqdcDEWjugIxiHydNhjC6SzHZSU9bIdkez9nnp3cb_t2R_GjE

Edited by Poncho

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

We are now routing for the Canadiens.  Lol never in my life. I hope they make it but a very long shot. As for my favourite coach Tort; he left the stupid post-game douchbag question period. I would have too. https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tortorella-walks-away-podium-two-questions-following-series-loss/?fbclid=IwAR1urn5AZntqdcDEWjugIxiHydNhjC6SzHZSU9bIdkez9nnp3cb_t2R_GjE

I'm rooting for Vegas now and wished the CDN's got beat out last night by the Flyers. All in all though, I really don't shiff a git about hockey this year. Wished they never started the season and began fresh in Sept/Oct like normal.

• 2 weeks later...

OK back to the game. The media and government driven BLM has sure broad brushed the NHL into a counter. Not one player actually  cares. Management, Media and the Government told them to Stand down.  Sad media government driven world we live in but the simple public eat this shit up

3 minutes ago, Poncho said:

OK back to the game. The media and government driven BLM has sure broad brushed the NHL into a counter. Not one player actually  cares. Management, Media and the Government told them to Stand down.  Sad media government driven world we live in but the simple public eat this shit up

They can cancel the next few years as well for all I can give a shit.  Fuck them.

• Like 1

It really has become pathetic.  Over paid athletes who do nothing to stop the violence.

If the Raptors really cared they would stop associating with a rapper with ties to gangs.  But let’s all take a knee instead and pretend.

All lives matter.  Where are the protests when all the kids in Toronto and Chicago get killed weekly?

Only political grandstanding counts for BLM.  

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

OUr men's league bailed until January too many rules to overcome.  Going to miss playing twice a week

Anyone else lose their league.

My nephews son that plays tripple or double elite (I think), who lives to play hockey & usually does so about 12 months in the year, but cannot in the normal sense for him currently, is able to keep playing at the NTR in Newmarket, because it is a training facility I believe and he is getting all sort of invites to tournaments that are still going on. His dad goes to watch, only one parent allowed and depending on how the rink is set up, he was telling me if the rink has a bar/restaurant, you can watch from in there (assuming it has a view of the rink), but they are also live streaming the games as well for you to watch.