Leafs

Poncho

I'm sure many of you remember this one as well as it was a rare preseason scrap and it was one that led to a line brawl that saw just about every player on the ice getting involved including the goaltenders on both sides. Scott had been put out onto the ice to send a message after the Sabres took exception to some actions from the Leafs and Scott confirmed as much during his recent interview, laying the blame for the whole thing at the feet of former Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle.

"It was Randy Carlyle to be honest with you, he was the reason behind the whole thing," said Scott. "The shift before someone on Toronto Jamie Devane beat up one of my guys Corey Tropp so I was feeling I wanted a little retribution. So there was a lot of tough guys dressed and I went up to Toronto's bench and I said 'throw someone out and we're gonna fight and I'm gonna beat this guy's doors off' cause I was upset."

As you will see in the video below you can in fact see Scott skate over to the Maple Leafs bench and began yelling loudly at the players on that benchm, actions that would appear to backup his version of events here. Scott goes on to say that he and Carlyle were yelling back and forth going through the names of players he could put on to potentially face him.

"I'm just staring at the bench and I'm hoping somebody jumps over so I can take care of business. I told my line 'I'm gonna jump somebody I don't know who it is' and he throws out Kessel and... 'I just say I'm doing it.'

Scott blames Carlyle for not putting out a player to answer the bell for the Leafs transgressions, a sentiment that many old school hockey types would likely agree with.

"It all lands on Carlyle. If he would have thrown out a tough guy it would have been done and there would have been nothing more to it. He threw out Kessel and I called his bluff and away we went."

THE KESSEL CHOP

GYcRVL.gif

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, frenchy said:

seriously. That is NOT the build of a pro athlete. Just goes to show how good he is :bc: 

He's not a spring chicken anymore either. 

23 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

I couldn't grow that beard in a life time :lol: so ya they are gay

jesus christ, something in common. my ole man would have a thornton beard after a week, and mine comes in splotches. he always used to joke ' mom must have fooled around on me with an indian or a chinaman'

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Leafs make the playoffs by default!  Default!! Default!!

So did the Wild!!!!  Horay!  Pfft.  I’ll just be glad to watch some hockey, even if it is my team getting swept out of their default and generous playoff spot.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So did the Wild!!!!  Horay!  Pfft.  I’ll just be glad to watch some hockey, even if it is my team getting swept out of their default and generous playoff spot.

Same here :bc: 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this is nothing but a pre-season warm up for next season. I watched until the Black Lives Matter bullshit came in. Turned it off.  Hockey is not for this shit but Liberals need this to continue their agenda

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Poncho said:

this is nothing but a pre-season warm up for next season. I watched until the Black Lives Matter bullshit came in. Turned it off.  Hockey is not for this shit but Liberals need this to continue their agenda

Can't believe the NHL is also being gut hooked into this nonsense. Oh, how the NHL has changed. Pretty soon hitting and anything physical, questionable or otherwise non liberal will soon be moved from the game. :sad:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I guess all sports is out for you two from now on.

Move on to something else

Trailtroll, I figured you would have posted something earlier.....the only sport I watch is hockey.  Can’t be bothered with the other shit too busy  

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Trailtroll, I figured you would have posted something earlier.....the only sport I watch is hockey.  Can’t be bothered with the other shit too busy  

You turned it off, your loss... How much of the rest of the night did you yell in your house about BLM ruining your day 

truly sad

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

You turned it off, your loss... How much of the rest of the night did you yell in your house about BLM ruining your day 

truly sad

Relax Trailtroll you can’t save everyone. Back to your dope

12 hours ago, Poncho said:

Anyone who shows that shit has lost me.  Need to spread it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

truly sad

They are anarchists and are not helping anyone but themselves.  Wise up.

• Thanks 1