Sign in to follow this  
Poncho

Leafs

Recommended Posts

What do you guys think?

i don’t think they are any better than last year....well slightly......second round, maybe.  They will make the playoffs again...but they are not a Cup team....as all the stupid TO fans think they are.....opinions.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely the best result........the Leafs are still garbage.    You watch the big Leaf boys play.....they are affraid of being hit.......watching this game.  Leafs are weak.......

Edited by Poncho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have no big tough bang players.   Shanahan builds a team with zero players like himself.

 

They will get crushed off the puck eventually and no one is there to hold anyone accountable for messing with the top guns.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 9:05 PM, Poncho said:

What do you guys think?

i don’t think they are any better than last year....well slightly......second round, maybe.  They will make the playoffs again...but they are not a Cup team....as all the stupid TO fans think they are.....opinions.    

Well, they have played more games than anyone else to date so that might have caught up with them last night? I personally didn't think they played that well at all, even their last game before last night I thought they looked tired/unmotivated.

I also laugh at people saying they are cup contenders. I think they are better than last years team but they will not go far unless they get some decent defensemen. Also, if any of the top 4 guys get hurt, (Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Andersen) it will hurt bad as they lack depth.

I enjoy watching them but all the hype is laughable at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to laugh at the fans thinking they are cup winners after Winning some early games.  Then the guys who after losing 2 in a row say they won't make it past a round or so.   Give it a break it's been less than 10 games ffs :lol: there are still 72 more to go :bc: 

 

I'm just happy to watch some good leaf hockey after many disappointed years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much better effort last night. :bc:  Saturday's should be a good game as Winnipeg will want revenge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He does the same one every year. Good all the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the last time they played anything close to good hockey was when there were only 6 teams.every year same comments from the retarded fans that believe the hype.harold must be happy he started their demise.have not watched since 67.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, anorkist said:

the last time they played anything close to good hockey was when there were only 6 teams.every year same comments from the retarded fans that believe the hype.harold must be happy he started their demise.have not watched since 67.

Seems odd that you haven't watched them since 67 yet know how bad they are.....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, anorkist said:

the last time they played anything close to good hockey was when there were only 6 teams.every year same comments from the retarded fans that believe the hype.harold must be happy he started their demise.have not watched since 67.

FYI....Foster Hewitt is dead.......in case you start watching again......we got colour TVs too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poncho said:

FYI....Foster Hewitt is dead.......in case you start watching again......we got colour TVs too

:lol:

Hewitt was the voice though

Cherry's death will be hugely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doughty needs to come to the realization that the Kings aren't going anywhere fast.  He needs to come to Toronto and finish his career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Doughty needs to come to the realization that the Kings aren't going anywhere fast.  He needs to come to Toronto and finish his career

That isn't going to happen anytime soon. The Leafs couldn't afford him anyways.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/drew-doughty-agrees-8-year-extension-kings/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda neat to watch rich teams struggle with the salary cap. You would think they would of learned a lesson from seeing what happened to Chicago, Pittsburg etc. Long term contracts can become crippling. Toronto will be screwed soon as well.

Good luck trying to sign all their young stars to long term deals, even thou they haven,t even gotten past the second round yet.

Signing Dowdy, at 28 years old, to another 8 year contract, at 11M per year, was a huge mistake. I,m amazed he was able to pull that off. Doesn,t say much for Blake, who gave him that stupid deal. Any chance he,s gay, and got a back door deal going on ? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, irv said:

That isn't going to happen anytime soon. The Leafs couldn't afford him anyways.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/drew-doughty-agrees-8-year-extension-kings/

They need to send Nylander, Gardiner and First rounder in return.  Frees up some money.  I know it'll never happen but we can dream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green gets 20 game suspension reduced to 14. I think this Das dude is looking to get fired again. Should have been 30 games in my opinion. Its Green's intention to hurt guys and ruin their careers like Cooke did with so many players. 

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/capitals-tom-wilson-has-suspension-cut-to-14-games-by-arbitrator/wcm/677658a3-3a6e-4513-8c52-b2956c3f53e5

Doesn't sound like he knows much about any sport, let alone hockey. What a moron!

https://triblive.com/sports/1796175-85/baseball-das-arbitrator-agreement-drug-grievance-management-braun-case-mlb

Edited by irv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Kinda neat to watch rich teams struggle with the salary cap. You would think they would of learned a lesson from seeing what happened to Chicago, Pittsburg etc. Long term contracts can become crippling. Toronto will be screwed soon as well.

Good luck trying to sign all their young stars to long term deals, even thou they haven,t even gotten past the second round yet.

Signing Dowdy, at 28 years old, to another 8 year contract, at 11M per year, was a huge mistake. I,m amazed he was able to pull that off. Doesn,t say much for Blake, who gave him that stupid deal. Any chance he,s gay, and got a back door deal going on ? LOL

What are they suppose to do, pay players less than what others got just because of cap space? Doughty is one of the top defenseman in the league and deserved everything he got. Most teams, like I mentioned in the other thread, would have likely paid him more and maybe given him a longer term. L.A. had no choice, imo, if they wanted to retain him. He earned what he got by working hard and being talented. Do you try and punish a guy for that? 

Cap space and the whole Bettman thing need to be looked at. Some owners are raking in billions and can afford these contracts while others can't. Placing teams in Florida and other non hockey places isn't working. Florida can't even fill the seats during the playoffs. Ottawa's hockey arena is 30 kms out of town. How dumb is that, and they wonder why they are having trouble filling the seats. There are numerous stories around the NHL that need fixing but denying to pay players what they are worth will not fix the problem, it will just make the billionaires richer. :news:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time will tell, but many hockey people, including some that are in the HHOF, don,t think these long term contracts are going to work out well. Is any 36 year old hockey player going to be worth 11 million in to-days NHL, which is all about speed ? He was never quik, and now with to-days speed, he,s a turtle out there, along with the rest of his team. To compete, they are going to need a lot of change, and many younger guys that can move at a much quicker pace than what they have now. Personally, I think dowdy is way over rated, and going downhill fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Time will tell, but many hockey people, including some that are in the HHOF, don,t think these long term contracts are going to work out well. Is any 36 year old hockey player going to be worth 11 million in to-days NHL, which is all about speed ? He was never quik, and now with to-days speed, he,s a turtle out there, along with the rest of his team. To compete, they are going to need a lot of change, and many younger guys that can move at a much quicker pace than what they have now. Personally, I think dowdy is way over rated, and going downhill fast. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but way overrated? :lol:Where do you get your info from, or is this personal for some reason or another?

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/drew-doughty-ranked-no-7-on-nhl-networks-top-50-players-list/c-300518164

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those ratings are on past performance, when they had a better group of guys around him.

Right now, with the way to-days game is played, I would rather have Chabot from Ottawa, on my team, than dowdy. 

He is now sloooooow, and doesn,t appear to care, now that he has that stupid fat contract in his back pocket.

He breaks the odd stick at the end of each game they loose, just to keep fooling his buddy Blake. LOL

Terrible signing, for a stupid amount of cap hit , and term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

Those ratings are on past performance, when they had a better group of guys around him.

Right now, with the way to-days game is played, I would rather have Chabot from Ottawa, on my team, than dowdy. 

He is now sloooooow, and doesn,t appear to care, now that he has that stupid fat contract in his back pocket.

He breaks the odd stick at the end of each game they loose, just to keep fooling his buddy Blake. LOL

Terrible signing, for a stupid amount of cap hit , and term.

Well, it's hard to soar with the eagles when you're playing with a bunch of ducks, and definitely age has caught up to a lot of them but Doughty is still, undeniably, one of the best defensemen in the league.

I assume you have personal reasons, or never played the game/position, for disliking him so no more needs to be said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is leading his team at -9 in goals for / against. Is that what 11M per season gets you these days ? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.