I got a case of the Al Cervix's

f7ben

4 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

I only sit down on long river runs and straights with no bumps. I have no trails here where its not like xc racing so the seat is only to ease my ass for a sec after getting pogo sticked for 5 min. Even on my XP sitting down does not give you full balance period. or any sled for that matter.

You must be 5' tall

Just now, f7ben said:

You must be 5' tall

No i dont mean the seat is hitting me lol i mean its bumpy and my knees and muscles need a break. It gets nuts here. I can pick if i want to have a long day or not.

But in order to have full control no way your sitting down just steering and leaning.... Need to be on your game and standing. Can you sit and ride fast sure but not with big bumps :thumb:

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How many racers ride seated?

None of the boys I ride with ride "seated".  Unless we're one arming it across a stupid long straight.  Now I see where we are differing on sled "ergos".  You got a bad back right?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

See.. Not sitting down. Also note Procross

Well hell...we ride more seated than that. :lol: We have turns and shit on our trails!  Herf is impressive.  Saw him go head to head with Levi at Snow boundaries.  It was just too much of a sno-X track for the X-country guys.  You could tell the racers who were Sno-xers or X-country by the air they were getting on the jumps.  My buddy raced in it and got wiped out into a corner.  What a shit show that thing was.  Still...wish I had a 600 so I could enter those "shit-shows".  Just not sure I wanna give up the 800 for a 600 for two, maybe three races a year.  :dunno:

Edited by Zambroski

On 10/17/2016 at 6:10 PM, f7ben said:

Well , just got off the phone with the dealership. They had sold the 800 they sold to me already and got something screwed up in their system. They offered me the same sled in a 600 for 2g's less so I said fuck it and went with the 600. Supposedly the new Poo 600 destroys the etec 600 and runs just as fast as cat 800's so we'll see

:lol::lmao:

Amsnow shootout....2015 I think.  I believe in 2016 the Doo and Cat were king.  I'll look for those numbers.  I don't give a shit about any of this straight line shit anyway.  Hell, my shit isn't set up to do much better than 80 I think...never got it there anyway.

AMsnow.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Wildcat said:

See.. Not sitting down. Also note Procross

Fucking sick!!!:ylsuper:

I wish they would cover this like rally car racing and put it on TV, I think this is way more interesting than sno X.  Also, makes me realize how shitty of a rider I am..:wind:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Fucking sick!!!:ylsuper:

I wish they would cover this like rally car racing and put it on TV, I think this is way more interesting than sno X.  Also, makes me realize how shitty of a rider I am..:wind:

Yeah....we've all discussed it on "that other forum" plenty.  It'd be fun bit in order to make it "more interesting than sno-x", a lot of money has to go into it, and it has to be the right course.  Nobody is gonna watch what Herf is doing x 30 riders for an hour.  Needs to be in the woods with twisties and roller coaster shit with cameras in the trees in the ground,  Again, just cost prohibitive.  But it'd attract a lot more people than Sno-x does because that's how and where a lot of us ride...not sno-x tracks.

Whew...but more exciting than sno-x?  That'd be a tough call for sure, for me at least.  I wish they'd make the track longer and run a figure 8 in sno-x.  make those boys take a right every now and then.

• Like 1

I like to rip fast smooth trails ....there isnt a single person in the world that would keep pace standing on a fucking sled. Not to mention that I would need a 12" riser to stand comfortably all the time :lol: