Anybody have hearing aids?

BOHICA

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Going in to Costco tomorrow.  Know I need them.  Any tips, things to look for when selecting and getting hearing aids?

Make sure whatever you get are returnable after a trial period. It took a friend of mine 2-3 tries to get some that worked for him. Good luck :bc:

Yep. I have for a good part of my life. They suck, but required equipment. Over priced, under developed, and monopolistic. A good pair will set you back $4-6k. Wherever you get them make sure they’re fitted with real ear measurement equipment otherwise you’ll never get the full potential out of the devices. 

Been thinking about getting them for awhile.  Too many concerts & work noise. I can hear alright with no background noise, but out somewhere I’m deaf. Getting pretty good at reading faces & lips though. 

26 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Yep. I have for a good part of my life. They suck, but required equipment. Over priced, under developed, and monopolistic. A good pair will set you back $4-6k. Wherever you get them make sure they’re fitted with real ear measurement equipment otherwise you’ll never get the full potential out of the devices. 

Saw an ad where you Could  finance a pair. Figured they must be pretty pricey. 

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Saw an ad where you Could  finance a pair. Figured they must be pretty pricey. 

I purchase mine second hand from eBay. I can usually snag a pair of lightly used open fit style devices for around $600-1000. I taught myself how to program them with the proper hardware and software. There’s a learning curve, but it can be done 

42 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Going in to Costco tomorrow.  Know I need them.  Any tips, things to look for when selecting and getting hearing aids?

my great grandfather had one in my whole life. pretty sure he  never changed a battery . funny thing was when he left the house he would respond to all the guys in the dear shack in the ice house etc etc . back home with the wife could not here a fucking thing . LMFAO true story .

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I purchase mine second hand from eBay. I can usually snag a pair of lightly used open fit style devices for around $600-1000. I taught myself how to program them with the proper hardware and software. There’s a learning curve, but it can be done 

That is why I’m going here...  price is great.  1.5 hour hearing test and fitting.

https://www.costco.com/hearing-aid-styles.html

Edited by BOHICA

15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You want my screen name you fuckin jew prick ?  :bc:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

I don't have any, but I'm in the same fukken boat, I need them.

I've had tinnitus for MANY years.............fukken sucks. 

I also have hearing loss in the mid-range...............also fukken sucks. 

My ringing has gotten worse in the last few months, and my hearing has also deteriorated. 

I won't want to leave the fukken chicken coop if this keeps up. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have both ears. I’m deaf af. I go thru the audiologists at my local hospital. Pricey as hell but I get more than 5 yrs out of a set. Most of that under warranty. 

28 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That is why I’m going here...  price is great.  1.5 hour hearing test and fitting.

https://www.costco.com/hearing-aid-styles.html

They do a good job. Costco devices are Signia brand. Otherwise know as Seimens until they were bought out. They’re coming out with some very cool stuff. Trump signed a bill that will allow over the counter sale of all heating devices. This means the medical device classification will change. A great move. It’ll allow players like Samsung and Apple to get into the market. You’ll also see home programmable devices become mainstream. The fucking monopoly carried by audiologist has effectively been broken. 

5 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I don't have any, but I'm in the same fukken boat, I need them.

I've had tinnitus for MANY years.............fukken sucks. 

I also have hearing loss in the mid-range...............also fukken sucks. 

My ringing has gotten worse in the last few months, and my hearing has also deteriorated. 

I won't want to leave the fukken chicken coop if this keeps up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1