Damn!

Anler

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Where is that dipshit Dopo...guess this Hurricane wasn’t all hype and scare tactics  ‘eh dumbass.

They were wrong about this one the wrong way....hopefully it changes people perspectives for the future....still better to gtfo then stay regardless of how bad it is.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

They were wrong about this one the wrong way....hopefully it changes people perspectives for the future....still better to gtfo then stay regardless of how bad it is.

How so...where it would make landfall or strength? 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

How so...where it would make landfall or strength? 

It was a 2..overnight it strengthened to a 4....it was almost a 5 at landfall...many hhave said they would have left if a 4 was predicted....but they predicted a 2 or a low 3....it was too late to gtfo by the morning.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

It was a 2..overnight it strengthened to a 4....it was almost a 5 at landfall...many hhave said they would have left if a 4 was predicted....but they predicted a 2 or a low 3....it was too late to gtfo by the morning.

Yeah that was crazy. I saw some of the interviews and you could see the fear in peoples eyes. That would be pretty terrifying. 

Area's are devastated.   Hopefully most are insured and its still is life altering even coming out of it healthy.   Everywhere we live we face different things mother nature can throw at us.   

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

meh, i'm not so sure about that. it was primarily morons being morons, like dopo, thinking it was being overhyped. 

• Like 1

Watching this shit now. Whew.  Hard to decide where to start.  A lot of money to be made down there in the next 5 years if you can swing the work and relocation and of course the financial risk of it all.

Death toll is 11 now?  Amazingly low.  Take out the ones that got retarded and "extincted themselves" and I bet it's only half that.  

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

They said it was one of the fastest growing storms ever. The fact the majority of the meteorological community thought wind sheer was going to keep it small was the why nobody was freaking out early. It just said fuck you and overcame the sheer. Gotta give a lot of credit to FL for mobilizing and evacuating as quick as they did. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Our country sure knows how to fucking respond to this shit. It’s impressice. Dems or Repubs in office, FEMA moves so much shit in so little time. Just the scale is cool.

Yep that clip is pretty impressive! It's amazing what can get done when we put politics aside and just straight get shit done  :bc: 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Our country sure knows how to fucking respond to this shit. It’s impressice. Dems or Repubs in office, FEMA moves so much shit in so little time. Just the scale is cool.

46 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yep that clip is pretty impressive! It's amazing what can get done when we put politics aside and just straight get shit done  :bc: 

Yeah well those are all contractors ringing the cash register so yeah they are up and ready to go!

• Haha 1

Tyndall Air Force Base sustained damage to 100% of its structures....they have told the personnel they don’t have a timetable for it being livable.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/us/air-force-hurricane-michael-damage.amp.html

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

That shit is impressive. I remember going down to Katrina to volunteer.  It was like a fucking convoy of utilitiy vehicles and supplies.  I mean....like an fucking army on the move!!  Their staging areas were like small villages.  I've never seen anything in the civilian world like it.  

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That shit is impressive. I remember going down to Katrina to volunteer.  It was like a fucking convoy of utilitiy vehicles and supplies.  I mean....like an fucking army on the move!!  Their staging areas were like small villages.  I've never seen anything in the civilian world like it.  

I know a bunch of guys who went down there. Made unreal money. Said the smell alone was enough to make you want to quit... 

3 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I know a bunch of guys who went down there. Made unreal money. Said the smell alone was enough to make you want to quit... 

It wasn’t  just the aftermath that was appalling.  Almost unreal human idiocy and selfishness that Have been burned in my brain.    

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It was just the aftermath that was appalling.  Almost unreal human idiocy and selfishness that Have been burned in my brain.    

I heard that too. Couldn't get people to work. They constantly cry about no jobs and then when confronted with unlimited offers they aren't interested. 

One of my buds made $30k in cash just busting open vending machines. On top of the crazy money they were paying him to be there. His company billed FEMA $300 million for their work there.