Generation Z

• Platinum Contributing Member

Democrats are counting on Generation Z, many of whom recently gained the right to vote, to help turn Congress blue in the midterm elections.

But 49 cents may be all it takes to keep these post-Millennials from exercising their civic duty.

On Tuesday, a Fairfax County, Virginia official said they are noticing a disturbing trend: young people failing to mail in their absentee ballots because they don't know how to get a stamp.

https://www.businessinsider.com/young-voters-dont-know-where-to-buy-stamps-for-absentee-ballots-2018-9?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=topbar&utm_term=desktop&referrer=facebook

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Democrats are counting on Generation Z, many of whom recently gained the right to vote, to help turn Congress blue in the midterm elections.

But 49 cents may be all it takes to keep these post-Millennials from exercising their civic duty.

On Tuesday, a Fairfax County, Virginia official said they are noticing a disturbing trend: young people failing to mail in their absentee ballots because they don't know how to get a stamp.

https://www.businessinsider.com/young-voters-dont-know-where-to-buy-stamps-for-absentee-ballots-2018-9?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=topbar&utm_term=desktop&referrer=facebook

I hope that the Dems don’t get in. I want the coming mess to land entirely on the GOP. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I hope that the Dems don’t get in. I want the coming mess to land entirely on the GOP. 

How about we all just not root for a mess just to blame a party for it? Maybe show these poor kids where to buy stamps instead?  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’m all for personal responsibility. If you create a mess, own it. 

and what exactly do you think the republicans have done in the last 18 mo to be to blame for a so called mess if it came tomarrow ? really what ? 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why do you say that? 

You’ve been practically cheering for it. Everythread pulling only negatives when there are substantial positives out there as well. It’s pretty evident. Maybe some introspection is required if you don’t feel I’m right..

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You’ve been practically cheering for it. Everythread pulling only negatives when there are substantial positives out there as well. It’s pretty evident. Maybe some introspection is required if you don’t feel I’m right..

well now, he surly  ought to be able to handle that, right?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No, you’re wrong. I have no desire to see this country or any other country fail. The economic policies this administration have put in play is alarming and disasterous in the medium term. Everyone is on an economic drug high right now. I believe the quicker trump is out of office the less long term damage will be inflicted. Trump doesn’t scare me as much as what will arrive in the Oval Office following his departure when a quick economic decline occurs. The fear of what’s to come will actually come from the left. 

• Haha 1

Don't you just love the excuses.  People can't be forced to get an id to vote....now I suppose someone will say they are disenfranchising generation z by requiring them to buy a stamp.  Maybe if they don't know how to buy a stamp that in all honesty they are not smart enough to be picking the people who will run the country....Ya think?

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

No, you’re wrong. I have no desire to see this country or any other country fail. The economic policies this administration have put in play is alarming and disasterous in the medium term. Everyone is on an economic drug high right now. I believe the quicker trump is out of office the less long term damage will be inflicted. Trump doesn’t scare me as much as what will arrive in the Oval Office following his departure when a quick economic decline occurs. The fear of what’s to come will actually come from the left. 

Unless Hillary stands by them, then you'll change your tune.

Who the fuck you trying to fool, anyway? :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

An easy search will prove different.

:lol:

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

A majority of his threads have a negative tone.

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Why are you so keen on seeing the country fail? 

Because that's when we get to start eating the rich. I can see it now, a guillotine on every corner, the anthem of the USSR playing on every radio station... it's going to be beautiful.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

That’s a dam hard hitting story right there alright. I can see the repubs swarming post offices all across the country buying up all the stamps....lol Oh wait they burned all their Nike’s

Business Insider is not known for hard hitting stories but don't let that get in your way of making such good funsies

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Post office will be obsolete in 10 years. It would be already if boomers weren't so fucking incompetent.