My current event...

8 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Tou two should see itbin real life. We just left Scammon Bay afyer a 13hr discharge, what a shithole! Outboard engines just laying on the ground, rusting away.  :flush:

I figure it'll be closer to Christmas now, our sistership the Kavik is hard up and we are heading north towards Nome then back to sea for lightering ops. I'll keep you posted as cell service allows.  :bc:

Good Luck Kivvy

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If bigdums is on the barge Naniq/AVEC 183 he is in Dillingham.  You can track bigdums location here.

https://vitus-energy.com/vessel-locator

I wonder how long it will be before Brad runs the ship aground? It's not like it would be the 1st time he had the hull of a boat where it shouldn't be :poke:

:lol:  

:bc:

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Big money and no place to spend it. I would bet that flat bottom girl gets tossed around a bit?

A 30hr steam yeaterday straight into 6-7ft seas, she got tossed around a lot.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If bigdums is on the barge Naniq/AVEC 183 he is in Dillingham.  You can track bigdums location here.  Last updated on the 17th though

https://vitus-energy.com/vessel-locator

Negative, we are waiting on high tide to enter Koyuk AK. You need to check the time stamp on the AIS update, ideally it should update continuously but it rarely does. We did however leave from Dillingham.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I wonder how long it will be before Brad runs the ship aground? It's not like it would be the 1st time he had the hull of a boat where it shouldn't be :poke:

:lol:  

:bc:

Its aground as we speak!  :lol:

Seriously, we are! However its all muck around here and bouncing off the mudflats is how we navigate because the channel marks have already been pulled and most places dont have marked channels anyway because the mud flats shift so often. When we discharge we are mostly beached and the we drag the hose to the tank farm's header.

In the pic, the barge is firmly aground.

IMG_20181019_173026.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Negative, we are waiting on high tide to enter Koyuk AK. You need to check the time stamp on the AIS update, ideally it should update continuously but it rarely does. We did however leave from Dillingham.

Do you even have your BOATERS SAFETY CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Its aground as we speak!  :lol:

Seriously, we are! However its all muck around here and bouncing off the mudflats is how we navigate because the channel marks have already been pulled and most places dont have marked channels anyway because the mud flats shift so often. When we discharge we are mostly beached and the we drag the hose to the tank farm's header.

In the pic, the barge is firmly aground.

IMG_20181019_173026.jpg

So what you are telling us is that you found the perfect job?  LOL.

Seriously though, congrats on following your dream :bc:

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

That’s cool they have cell service now up there.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

So what you are telling us is that you found the perfect job?  LOL.

Seriously though, congrats on following your dream :bc:

Pretty much!!  :lol:

Thanks man!  :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Do you even have your BOATERS SAFETY CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not like the boaters saftey card is that big of a deal.  I took about a half dozen of those tests online for friends and family before they closed the online testing.  :lol:

Well, let's see. The fat bastid has been on OWasco Lake in NY. Then he did a few months in Boston HArbor. Now, he's seeing alot of Alaska. I will say he is seeing a lot of neat scenery/adventure. 

What I don't understand is what did he do with his boat in Boston? Also, how did he leave Boston so quick and fly to Alaska? 

• Gold Member
Just now, Kivalo said:

Near and in villages we get cell service wifi from the boat. 

Ah....  no such thing as WiFi when I roamed around.....  aol dialup on 10 cents a minute at super slow speeds.  Where you are was the first village I went to and after 2 years of bouncing around the bush it was the village I was on aol dialup that I found my ticket out and bounced out of the bush for good.  Fuck it’s was miserable as fuck for two years but fun as well

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Well, let's see. The fat bastid has been on OWasco Lake in NY. Then he did a few months in Boston HArbor. Now, he's seeing alot of Alaska. I will say he is seeing a lot of neat scenery/adventure. 

What I don't understand is what did he do with his boat in Boston? Also, how did he leave Boston so quick and fly to Alaska? 

I got a call on a Friday, had an verbal offer on that Sunday amd then drove my boat home to NY on that Monday and then used Teusday to buy shit I needed amd then flew out that Wednesday. Been on the ATB for 2 weeks now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

I got a call on a Friday, had an verbal offer on that Sunday amd then drove my boat home to NY on that Monday and then used Teusday to buy shit I needed amd then flew out that Wednesday. Been on the ATB for 2 weeks now. 

Didn't you say you were only there until freeze up?  Any idea what's next?

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's not like the boaters saftey card is that big of a deal.  I took about a half dozen of those tests online for friends and family before they closed the online testing.  :lol:

BWAHAHAHAHA!  I kept waiting to take it online, then we had to take it in person, then we had to take the online course before you could take the test!!

FAT, LAZY fukken bastid, I could have just taken it online about ten years ago, instead of all that other bullshit!!!!   

i/VE ALREADY FORGOTTEN EVERYTHING i READ!!! :lol2::lol2::lol2: