My current event...

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If “the Don” ever finds out about me and Melania, I’m gonna have some explaining to do.  

Maybe you'll get a payoff to keep your mouth shut. That's how "The Don" rolls. You are lucky you aren't dealing with the Clinton's :lol:

• Gold Member
On 11/11/2018 at 12:55 PM, Zambroski said:

How about a fucking sit-rep here @Kivalo???

Wassup???

Just dropped the hook in Togiak, waiting on high tide to beach her and then discharge 80k gallons of ULSD#1. After that its Dillingham to offload several broken pieces of equipment and then off to Dutch Harbor and then St Paul Island. Should be home sometime in mid-december.

On a pesonal note, two nights ago I was baptised by the Bering Sea. We had 25-30fters with the occasional 35er. Our crain broke its lashing so my boys and I had to go on deck and fix it. Lots of shit broke its lashing but the crain was the only one we estimated put us in danger. Anyway, I was on deck watching waves that were two stories taller than I  roll buy us! I was scared shitless and in complete awe! Surprisingly tho the deck wasnt as difficult to move around as I expected, dont get me wrong it wasnt easy I just expected it to be worse. The deck was awash almost the whole time but we had no real problem relashing the grove crain. Still tho, itwas fucking wild!! The Bering Sea is no joke!!  :bc:

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Just dropped the hook in Togiak, waiting on high tide to beach her and then discharge 80k gallons of ULSD#1. After that its Dillingham to offload several broken pieces of equipment and then off to Dutch Harbor and then St Paul Island. Should be home sometime in mid-december.

On a pesonal note, two nights ago I was baptised by the Bering Sea. We had 25-30fters with the occasional 35er. Our crain broke its lashing so my boys and I had to go on deck and fix it. Lots of shit broke its lashing but the crain was the only one we estimated put us in danger. Anyway, I was on deck watching waves that were two stories taller than I  roll buy us! I was scared shitless and in complete awe! Surprisingly tho the deck wasnt as difficult to move around as I expected, dont get me wrong it wasnt easy I just expected it to be worse. The deck was awash almost the whole time but we had no real problem relashing the grove crain. Still tho, itwas fucking wild!! The Bering Sea is no joke!!  :bc:

Dude, that's freaking crazy.  The Bearing Sea is a treacherous body of water.  Togiak is the furthest north I have ever been on the water.  That part of the world is for sailors with huge balls.  

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude, that's freaking crazy.  The Bearing Sea is a treacherous body of water.  Togiak is the furthest north I have ever been on the water.  That part of the world is for sailors with huge balls.  

By all rights we should have tucked into a bay and weathered the storm instead we tried to steam through it and wound up changing course to Good News Bay near Platinum AK. Stayed there for a night and made our way south when we got a break in the weather. Weather reports say its pretty shitty out there right now, glad we are in protected waters because that sucked!

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

By all rights we should have tucked into a bay and weathered the storm instead we tried to steam through it and wound up changing course to Good News Bay near Platinum AK. Stayed there for a night and made our way south when we got a break in the weather. Weather reports say its pretty shitty out there right now, glad we are in protected waters because that sucked!

You have a doppler on board?  Bold captains can kill people.  

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yep, we got good radars. Furuno. 

Well hopefully those seas scared the captain a little and he won't do that again.  That is one part of the world that you don't want to screw up in.  

Glad you made it out alive.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well hopefully those seas scared the captain a little and he won't do that again.  That is one part of the world that you don't want to screw up in.  

Glad you made it out alive.  

Yeah we get a new captain for the Dutch Harbor run.

Kivalo, That story makes me miss my old life. I worked as a 3rd A/E on ships and a Chief E on tugboats. Even had to fill in for the Tankermen for spells when they were sick. That work was a lot of fun. I only have gotten seasick once, and that was a feeling I will never forget.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, MILFMAN said:

Kivalo, That story makes me miss my old life. I worked as a 3rd A/E on ships and a Chief E on tugboats. Even had to fill in for the Tankermen for spells when they were sick. That work was a lot of fun. I only have gotten seasick once, and that was a feeling I will never forget.

What tug company did you work for? Did you go to one of the acedemy's?

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

When you said baptized I was waiting to read you got swept overboard. Man that shit is nuts! Have you been to where “Bering Sea Gold” takes place? I used to watch that frequently 

Yeah dude, thats right by Nome. I was in Nome not long ago but only for a few hours and really late at night so I didnt get to experience the town. I've heard its pretty fun to party in. We did see a few dredges outside the harbor tho.

13 hours ago, Kivalo said:

What tug company did you work for? Did you go to one of the acedemy's?

I worked deep sea on preposition ships for AMSEA and then tugs on the east coast and the gulf for Seaboats. Fun work

Yeah, Maine Maritime.

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, MILFMAN said:

I worked deep sea on preposition ships for AMSEA and then tugs on the east coast and the gulf for Seaboats. Fun work

Yeah, Maine Maritime.

Awesome dude. I worked with a few Maine Maritime guys this summer. By chance do you know Bob Glover?

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Got a new captain, they sent the jagoff home, hopefully for good. 3 more weeks and then I should be home....I hope.  :bc:

Hopefully this new guys last name isn't Hazelwood.......

• Gold Member
53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hopefully this new guys last name isn't Hazelwood.......

The new guy is sharp,so far so good. I like the guy but we'll give it a week or so and see.  :bc:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...