What if Bernie stepped into Hillary's spot?

Zambroski

Assuming the bag dies before the election....and decides not to continue the race afterwords O.o :lol: 

How much of a game changer would this be?  Or even, really..if the Dems put ANYBODY somewhat credible into that spot.  I think they'd take the checkered flag pretty easily.

I dont know how that would work. Does bernie automatically get the nomination if she has to back out due to health reasons or dies? Does Tim Kaine automatically step in? Does the dem party get to pick a new one, like Biden perhaps? This is the strangest election of our lives.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What if Bernie stepped into Hillary's spot?

The dems put in another sell out.  

Trump is flip flopping on every crazy statement he has made. Its not like he is the most disciplined here...

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

I dont know how that would work. Does bernie automatically get the nomination if she has to back out due to health reasons or dies? Does Tim Kaine automatically step in? Does the dem party get to pick a new one, like Biden perhaps? This is the strangest election of our lives.

I believe if she is elected and dies or quits due to health, Hobo Baggins steps in as pres.  And the Speaker (Ryan) would step into the VP shoes until another VP is selected.  If she dies or drops out before the electoral college votes then the Dems would hold a special election or session to vote or choose another candidate.  I don't think the public get a say in this.  And there would not be time anyway.

Edited by Zambroski

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I believe if she is elected and dies or quits due to health, Hobo Baggins steps in as pres.  And the Speaker (Ryan) would step into the VP shoes until another VP is selected.  If she dies or drops out before the electoral college votes then the Dems would hold a special election or session to vote or choose another candidate.  I don't think the public get a say in this.  And there would not be time anyway.

The Speaker doesn't step in as VP, not even temporarily. The 25th Amendment says that the President appoints a new VP who must be approved by both houses of Congress. That's how Gerald Ford became VP. 

Edited by SSFB
  • Like 1

Just now, SSFB said:

The Speaker doesn't step in as VP. The 25th Amendment says that the President appoints a new VP who must be approved by both houses of Congress. That's how Gerald Ford became VP. 

But doesn't the speaker step up until the new VP is selected?  I'm pretty sure.