2017 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX LE (Altitude 9000 feet)

47 minutes ago, Snake said:

What are you wrecking...er.. riding this year?

No idea Snakey ....I'm wide open. I paid off a shit ton of bills and can have whatever I want. I'm pretty strong on a Cat turbo in Z1 chassis but I have Pats Yamaha a mile from my cabin and it would be nice to have a warranty and a good dealer next door since I am driving 8.5 hours to ride at the moment.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No idea Snakey ....I'm wide open. I paid off a shit ton of bills and can have whatever I want. I'm pretty strong on a Cat turbo in Z1 chassis but I have Pats Yamaha a mile from my cabin and it would be nice to have a warranty and a good dealer next door since I am driving 8.5 hours to ride at the moment.

When are you going to race Vince's little 180hp sled?

1 minute ago, Snake said:

As far as I know Vince didnt buy a new 180hp sled ..... I'm sure the new yamaha mill is a good one and will work well. All I said in this thread is that it will be released well short of 200HP and that the DT numbers were bullshit as usual. Ballsack isnt smart enough to know that apparently :lol:

Just now, f7ben said:

As far as I know Vince didnt buy a new 180hp sled ..... I'm sure the new yamaha mill is a good one and will work well. All I said in this thread is that it will be released well short of 200HP and that the DT numbers were bullshit as usual. Ballsack isnt smart enough to know that apparently :lol:

So you have 2 dyno numbers, one high and one low. And you are just going to assume the low one is correct. Wouldn't it be prudent to see what comes out later, 'in the wash' so to speak?

Like I've seen mentioned, it would be advantageous for a dyno operator, who sells bolt on performance parts, to low ball the hp numbers, to make his add ons seem to be great? Not an excuse, just wondering.... kinda like the whole "well he is promoting a book, so he will say anything" kind of thing.

And to be sure, I ordered my Sidewinder early enough so I bought on the 180hp class sled hype, not the 204hp hype.

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Pats is good people, Ben. you would be wise to do business with them and develop a relationship seeing as they are so close to your place. You need friends like that up in da stix

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Vince rides a 120hp 600. No sense in racing, his sled wont pull over 80mph...

Just now, Snake said:

So this is all Bhen Butthurt over a sled Vince doesn't even own or has ordered?

He's worked up over my past Turbo's, although he actually wants a Z1 Turbo like my 09, it was the ProCross that he twisted up hitting a curb with at 4 mph that he doesn't like.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

So this is all Bhen Butthurt over a sled Vince doesn't even own or has ordered?

No, Vince was being a bit of a cunt saying how all these sleds were gonna come out over 200 HP out of the box and now it does  not appear to be that way at all and Vince has given it a big ol leaving alone. Dynotech is known for really inflating HP numbers....

Edited by GGNHL

7 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

No, Vince was being a bit of a cunt saying how all these sleds were gonna come out over 200 HP out of the box and now it does  not appear to be that way at all and Vince has given it a big ol leaving alone. Dynotech is known for really inflating HP numbers....

Yea Dynotech is going to bullshit why?

Yammie 204 HP  http://www.amsnow.com/news/dyno-tests/2016/03/sidewinder-dyno-test

Thundercat 211 HP http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/211-Horsepower-The-Thundercat-Reigns-Supreme

Same dyno that put the 850 E-Tec at 168 HP :news: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:bc: to Pat's.  Great dealership. 

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yea Dynotech is going to bullshit why?

Yammie 204 HP  http://www.amsnow.com/news/dyno-tests/2016/03/sidewinder-dyno-test

Thundercat 211 HP http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/211-Horsepower-The-Thundercat-Reigns-Supreme

Same dyno that put the 850 E-Tec at 168 HP :news: 

Yeah and Dynotech said the 800 etec made 163 HP which it doesnt. Dynotech always inflates numbers, maybe it's because they're given hot tuned sleds, I don't know. 

Take the brand loyalty goggles off for a second and join us here in reality. :lol::bc:

2 minutes ago, Doos said:

It's common knowledge that the DT dyno is optimistic, has been for years. 

The task at hand is to sell sleds here so... In any case it sounds like these sleds are going to haul ass. But yeah, after the etec 163hp claims that have never been reproduced ANYWHERE, you have to take these numbers with a grain of salt...

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:59 AM, Highmark said:

For western riders the stock Cat/Yammie turbo's should have around 100HP more at 10,000 ft than the 800's.  :ylsuper:

My Nytro with the mpi180 kit destroys new 800's at 6000-8000 ft....   

31 minutes ago, TheEdge said:

My Nytro with the mpi180 kit destroys new 800's at 6000-8000 ft....   

Make it apples to apples and see who gets destroyed. A turbo 800 vs your turbo Nytro......

my bud has a 400hp Nytro and it's still a heavy pig. Even with thousands of $$$ spent on lightweight stuff, he leaves it in the trailer and rides his RMKs. 

Been emailing with Kip at Pats today ....may just pull the trigger on a 2016 Apex and have them install a blower on it. They are great people and it absolutely would be nice and beneficial to have a good relationship with them. I think I will be renting a storage spot from them for my sled this year if they have any open until my garage is built in the spring.

Edited by f7ben

26 minutes ago, Legend said:

Make it apples to apples and see who gets destroyed. A turbo 800 vs your turbo Nytro......

my bud has a 400hp Nytro and it's still a heavy pig. Even with thousands of $$$ spent on lightweight stuff, he leaves it in the trailer and rides his RMKs. 

I rode my turbo nytro at only 225hp and on the trail it felt anything but heavy .....it was an absolute blast on the trail and sounded oh so good

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

A good dealer is worth his or her weight in gold, if I get another Turbo it will be a Yamaha only because my buddy Yamagoon is a Yammie service manager, the fuckin sled will never be out of warranty :lol: 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I rode my turbo nytro at only 225hp and on the trail it felt anything but heavy .....it was an absolute blast on the trail and sounded oh so good

I never deluded myself into thinking I had a light, easily flickable sled. As I said, been on 4 strokes for 11 years. I made that Nytro my bitch..... except that one time at band camp.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They get heavier and heavier as the miles pile up during he season, I'm going to give this new engine a season on the snow and then I'll decide if I want one for a Canada sled while I keep my 600 for the Midwest trails and UP boondocking.

16 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

A good dealer is worth his or her weight in gold, if I get another Turbo it will be a Yamaha only because my buddy Yamagoon is a Yammie service manager, the fuckin sled will never be out of warranty :lol: 

A good dealer never mattered to me because I lived on the trail and was always a matter of minutes or an hour from my own garage. Now that I am traveling 600 miles to ride I want to fucking ride without issues and if an issue presents itself up there it would be good to have the people at Pats have my own best interest in mind and striving to get me back on the trail

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

I never deluded myself into thinking I had a light, easily flickable sled. As I said, been on 4 strokes for 11 years. I made that Nytro my bitch..... except that one time at band camp.

I knew it wasnt light but on the trail I have never felt like I wished any of my 4 strokes were lighter. At 6'5 and 200 lbs though its probably a bit easier for me to deal with a little weight over the skis.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

They get heavier and heavier as the miles pile up during he season, I'm going to give this new engine a season on the snow and then I'll decide if I want one for a Canada sled while I keep my 600 for the Midwest trails and UP boondocking.

That would be the ideal setup