2017 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX LE (Altitude 9000 feet)

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have great respect for TEAM clutching. Did Greg tell you about the set ups Goodwin does for the skidoos?

I didn't ask him about any Doo's except for the twin tracker hanging from the rafters, I wanted to know what it was like to drive one on the Derby track.

This is the sled, when I go back I'll take a pic of it hanging, let me know if you want to go with me.

commercial_sewing.jpg

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

SAE spec allows manu's +/- 11% from their HP claims I believe. The new catmaha may exceed their stated power ratings but it aint making 210 out of the box

It was an independent dyno test, do yourself a favor and either burn or ghost ride that heap you got into a tree and then get yourself a Yammie or a Cat.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I dropped my sled off with Greg Goodwin on Friday and he told me he is quite impressed with the Team clutches that came on the Cat's in 2016, now you might not think much of what a world champion thinks, but I do :news: 

goodwin.jpg

I guess the new turbo sled comes with some new superwizbang self adjusting clutch also .   I'm hoping we'll see that with the new 800 .  Although most of us will be in a fuckin nursing home before we ever see that motor .  :bc:

14 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It was an independent dyno test, do yourself a favor and either burn or ghost ride that heap you got into a tree and then get yourself a Yammie or a Cat.

Yes ...an independent test of a pre production unit....I just told you how certified dyno testing works ...now you can either listen to someone who knows or you can keep on running your know nothing piss flaps and spout whatever latest bullshit your salesmen told you :lol: fucking mook

• Like 2

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yes ...an independent test of a pre production unit....I just told you how certified dyno testing works ...now you can either listen to someone who knows or you can keep on running your know nothing piss flaps and spout whatever latest bullshit your salesmen told you :lol: fucking mook

:goodpost:

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The catmaha is probably going to make more than the 182 they advertised or whatever ....but it aint gonna be 16% more

wait till its get 5k for miles on it, my yami picked up 8hp between 3k and 6k for miles, also on the same dyno used to test the sidewinder..

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

wait till its get 5k for miles on it, my yami picked up 8hp between 3k and 6k for miles, also on the same dyno used to test the sidewinder..

I would love to hear how that happened? it sure wasnt from "breaking in"

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

@Cappy you shoulda kept the apex!!! :lol:

Edited by Dave

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I would love to hear how that happened? it sure wasnt from "breaking in"

those yami motors are so tight, seriously, at 5k they pick up so much speed. The more miles you get on one the faster it gets..No joke. Ill take a maintained yami with 6k on the ticker over 2k any day. Yami guys look for the sleds with more miles..

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

those yami motors are so tight, seriously, at 5k they pick up so much speed. The more miles you get on one the faster it gets..No joke. Ill take a maintained yami with 6k on the ticker over 2k any day. Yami guys look for the sleds with more miles..

I agree they loosen up a bit ....my first 1200 doo had about 1000 miles on it when I noticed it pulling rpm's more consistently and hitting the limiter from time to time. But 8hp is a huge jump and likely most of that was do to just being a different day on the dyno

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I didn't ask him about any Doo's except for the twin tracker hanging from the rafters, I wanted to know what it was like to drive one on the Derby track.

This is the sled, when I go back I'll take a pic of it hanging, let me know if you want to go with me.

commercial_sewing.jpg

Yeah I'm gonna be taking my shocks there for rebuild.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I agree they loosen up a bit ....my first 1200 doo had about 1000 miles on it when I noticed it pulling rpm's more consistently and hitting the limiter from time to time. But 8hp is a huge jump and likely most of that was do to just being a different day on the dyno

I agree it is huge, final number was a hair over 163hp with 5800mi...sled was fast, loved hang'n on the lakes..

FOT627B.jpg

Edited by Rigid1

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I agree it is huge, final number was a hair over 163hp with 5800mi...sled was fast, loved hang'n on the lakes..

FOT627B.jpg

Nice looking ride .....I absolutely loved the way my Nytros handled. Both the NA one I had and the OSP turbo. They were both set up with the JRE spindles and skid relocations. One had USI skis and one had skidoo pilots. They both handled so well on the trail I was shocked. You gave up the ditch banging with that kit but they railed on the trails

• Like 1