what a bunch of JACKASSES

Pete

Dems accused of moving goalposts on Kavanaugh after FBI probe ordered

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee used last week’s hearing over the accusations of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to push a unified message: the FBI must investigate the allegations.

“If you’re very confident of your position, and you appear to be, why aren’t you also asking the FBI to investigate these claims?” California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the committee, pressed Kavanaugh during Thursday’s tense hearing. The next day, at GOP Sen. Jeff Flake's urging, President Trump ordered the FBI to open such a "supplemental" background investigation.

But now, many Democrats are arguing that the probe is not enough, prompting accusations from Republicans that they're already moving the goalposts.

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders wrote in a weekend letter that the FBI shouldn’t just probe the accusations – but should also conduct an investigation into whether Kavanaugh was honest during his hearing.

"A fundamental question the FBI can help answer is whether Judge Kavanaugh has been truthful with the committee,” Sanders said. “This goes to the very heart of whether he should be confirmed to the court.”

In other cases, Democrats who enthusiastically called for an FBI investigation last week now seem to be downplaying it.

“Yes, of course there should be an FBI investigation,” Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy tweeted Friday. “But whatever they find doesn’t change the fact that Kavanaugh, especially after his performance yesterday, is the most dangerous Supreme Court pick of our lifetime.”

Republicans for days had resisted a new FBI investigation into the allegations. But Trump's order came after several undecided Republican senators -- namely, Flake -- whose votes are needed to confirm Kavanaugh called for a weeklong FBI probe before a floor vote.

“I’ve ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week.”

Kavanaugh, who has denied all the allegations, said in a statement he will "cooperate" with the FBI.

Flake himself called for the FBI to wrap up its investigation in a week or less, while investigating just the accusations. But Democrats have since cried foul over those limits – saying the FBI should be not be restricted in time or subject.

“No artificial limits as to time or scope should be imposed on this investigation," an attorney for Kavanaugh accuser Christine Ford, Debra S. Katz, said in a Friday statement.

Left-leaning journalists also have complained that the investigation won’t focus enough on Kavanaugh’s drinking habits in high school and college.

“It’s not just that they aren’t allowed to investigate the third accuser’s claims,” NBC’s Ken Dilanian tweeted. “They also won’t look into his drinking at Yale or pull Mark Judge’s employment records or take other basic investigative steps, we are told.”

CNBC’s John Harwood argued on Twitter, “his drinking relates directly to a) sexual misconduct he’s accused of from his high school/college days, and b) the truthfulness of his sworn testimony last week.”

Arkansas GOP Sen. Tom Cotton dismissed those calls, suggesting the FBI likely has asked about Kavanaugh’s drinking in previous background investigations – as is standard practice.

“For goalpost-moving Democrats & your media wing,” Cotton tweeted. “I’ve been interviewed many times for FBI background checks for classmates, soldiers, & nominees. Every time, agent asked about any drinking problems. You really think FBI missed that in SIX background checks of Judge Kavanaugh?”

Over the weekend, a Yale friend of Kavanaugh’s, Charles Ludington, said in a statement he is “deeply troubled by what has been a blatant mischaracterization by Brett himself of his drinking at Yale.” He said Kavanaugh was a “frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker,” and he planned to give a statement to the FBI saying so.

Not all Democrats have dismissed the newly ordered FBI probe outright, however.

Delaware Sen. Chris Coons, who played an instrumental role in getting Flake to back the probe, said he’s optimistic new information will be learned as a result of the investigation.

“I think we will be in a different place,” Coons said on CBS’ “60 Minutes” on Sunday. “Because lots of survivors around the country will feel that Dr. Ford’s story was heard and respected and further investigated.”

It could also go the other way, he acknowledged.

“We may well be in a different place a week from now because Judge Kavanaugh and his family may well have had exculpatory evidence brought forward,” he said.

Alex Pappas is a politics reporter at FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter at @AlexPappas

There wasn't one person here with any brains that didn't know this was nothing more than a delay tactic to have more time to come up with MORE delay tactics.  Complete rubbish.

Hey Flake, how's that egg in your face taste?  SMH

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Most of them already admitted they wouldn't vote for him within 24 hours of his nomination and LONG before any allegations were made.  :lol:  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Most of them already admitted they wouldn't vote for him within 24 hours of his nomination and LONG before any allegations were made.  :lol:  

Total joke of a party.

"Resist, enlist, insist, persist, decist, twist, frist, yist, list....fuck all"

Retards...with a fan base to match.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

There wasn't one person here with any brains that didn't know this was nothing more than a delay tactic to have more time to come up with MORE delay tactics.  Complete rubbish.

Hey Flake, how's that egg in your face taste?  SMH

I just saw a post on FB about how it was interesting how Kavanaugh only assaulted democrats.  LOL

• Haha 1

Kavanaugh is a cunt. Anyone who likes him should not refer to themselves as a conservative. Because what you really are is a bootlicking faggot. Believe it or not those are not the same thing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Kavanaugh is a cunt. Anyone who likes him should not refer to themselves as a conservative. Because what you really are is a bootlicking faggot. Believe it or not those are not the same thing. 

This was a good guess at those Hillary would pick.

• Chief Judge Merrick Garland (D.C. Cir.)
  • Judge Sri Srinivasan (D.C. Cir.)
  • Judge Jane Kelly (8th Cir.)
  • Judge Paul Watford (9th Cir.)
  • Judge Jacqueline Nguyen (9th Cir.)
  • Justice Goodwin Liu (California Supreme Court)
  • Justice Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar (California Supreme Court)
  • Judge Lucy H. Koh (N.D. Cal.)
  • Judge Patricia Millett (D.C. Cir.)
  • Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.)
  • Senator Cory Booker (D.-N.J.)

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Good for Hillary....WGAF.

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Those are all cunts too. You all support cunts!

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Accepting you have a problem is the first step.

I thought you knew that.

Sure thing MoeMoe...so is your point that we should accept Kavanaugh because we could have had somebody from Hillarys list...yeah that is brilliant. 😂

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well Snake keeps repeating it and Dopo laughs at it....perfect pair.

Does that surprise you? Dopo couldnt work his way out of a wet paper bag with a hole in it. He needs to latch on to someone who can hold their own. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sure thing MoeMoe...so is your point that we should accept Kavanaugh because we could have had somebody from Hillarys list...yeah that is brilliant. 😂

Yeah, we need a 9th Circuit Court liberal on the SC, just like we need another hard righty.

Elections have consequences and just because the liberals forgot that rule doesn't mean people are just going to roll over for them.

Would I be verclempt over it? Yeah, I'm sure I would. But I wouldn't throw all my eggs into the type of basket the freak shows on the left have done here.

Even you have to admit..... this has been a shit show/delay tactic from the start. If you don't think so, then there is no hope for you.

Edited by Snake

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah, we need a 9th Circuit Court liberal on the SC, just like we need another hard righty.

Elections have consequences and just because the liberals forgot that rule doesn't mean people are just going to roll over for them.

Would I be verclempt over it? Yeah, I'm sure I would. But I wouldn't throw all my eggs into the type of basket the freak shows on the left have done here.

Even you have to admit..... this has been a shit show/delay tactic from the start. If you don't think so, then there is no hope for you.

Oh fuck off. Dems had their SC seat stolen. Now here you are crying about a clown with a questionable past getting checked out? You can’t make this shit up. 

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Of course it has been a shit show and no I wouldn’t want anybody from your hypothetical list....doesn’t mean I have to like Kavanaugh.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Oh fuck off. Dems had their SC seat stolen. Now here you are crying about a clown with a questionable past getting checked out? You can’t make this shit up. 

I believe it was Joe Biden who screwed your pooch there Slim. :lol:

35 minutes ago, Snake said:

That’s rich......your hypocrisy runs deep :lmao: 

B71397A3-E20B-4D9B-8C05-616D5EF23DE2.jpeg