US achieved every single objective it laid out in July 2017 for NAFTA

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I stated well before xlt got here that the auto gains were positive. Do I really ha e to go back and quote myself you fucking moron???

Worst deal ever in The history of American trade deals says trump. 

List the top 3 things that has turned it in to an excellent deal for America and how it will noticeably change the economy going forward and why. 

Go. 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

List the top 3 things that has turned it in to an excellent deal for America and how it will noticeably change the economy going forward and why. 

Go. 

How many times do I have to say I dont care what Trump has said. Are you fucking downs? 

The deals made gains. No person has tried to stand up for the American worker in decades. Trump deserves credit for pushing us here rhetoric aside

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How many times do I have to say I dont care what Trump has said. Are you fucking downs? 

The deals made gains. No person has tried to stand up for the American worker in decades. Trump deserves credit for pushing us here rhetoric aside

Or you can just wait for xlt to answer for you, as expected. 

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Go. 

1) We’ve already discussed the auto benefits for the US (All three countries actually).

2) Pharma is allowed to sell high end US drugs for another 2 years before generics can be copied by Canada. Seems small, but that is an enormous boost for Pharma. 

3) increases IP rights for both US and Nook companies especially in biotech, financials, and the internets. 

4) Review process in 6 years where all parties must agree

5) Dairy concessions and part of Class 7 rules cut back from Nookistan. Not huge, but big for my state with the US sending $637M to Canada in dairy products last year, a large part coming from WI. 

The big thing is this: We really didn’t concede anything. In reality new NAFTA was a win for all countries involved. Especially our interconnected auto industry apparatus just got a lot stronger (for all of us). Trump played this well IMO. Notice that’s why the media isn’t talking about this as much. This is a big accomplishment even if it doesn’t have “big” changes. That’s how you know it is overall positive change. If it wasn’t, Trump would be getting his butthole finger popped for the 1,000,000th time. More than anything he strengthened his hold on the Midwest/rust belt. It’s not flashy, but it’s better. I’d even say quite a big better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

For all of Trump’s scorched earth bombastic nonsense, his admin came to the table and put out some solid changes that didn’t fuck our neighbors but instead made us all stronger. I dig that.

China is and always has been the target. All this other shit is ancillary and is being used to strengthen our position and put pressure on china

Just now, f7ben said:

China is and always has been the target. All this other shit is ancillary and is being used to strengthen our position and put pressure on china

Yep. Plus this keeps the base happy. Makes Canada happy. Makes Mexico happy. Scares the Chinese. Scares Europe. I bet he has a new trade deal with Europe by spring. Smart move. Keep turning the screws on the Chinese and make amends with everyone else. Lot more to gain in Europe than in NAFTA too...

16 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Or you can just wait for xlt to answer for you, as expected. 

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

1) We’ve already discussed the auto benefits for the US (All three countries actually).

2) Pharma is allowed to sell high end US drugs for another 2 years before generics can be copied by Canada. Seems small, but that is an enormous boost for Pharma. 

3) increases IP rights for both US and Nook companies especially in biotech, financials, and the internets. 

4) Review process in 6 years where all parties must agree

5) Dairy concessions and part of Class 7 rules cut back from Nookistan. Not huge, but big for my state with the US sending $637M to Canada in dairy products last year, a large part coming from WI. 

The big thing is this: We really didn’t concede anything. In reality new NAFTA was a win for all countries involved. Especially our interconnected auto industry apparatus just got a lot stronger (for all of us). Trump played this well IMO. Notice that’s why the media isn’t talking about this as much. This is a big accomplishment even if it doesn’t have “big” changes. That’s how you know it is overall positive change. If it wasn’t, Trump would be getting his butthole finger popped for the 1,000,000th time. More than anything he strengthened his hold on the Midwest/rust belt. It’s not flashy, but it’s better. I’d even say quite a big better.

And down goes the wanna be sledskippingsinker.

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

For all of Trump’s scorched earth bombastic nonsense, his admin came to the table and put out some solid changes that didn’t fuck our neighbors but instead made us all stronger. I dig that.

When he said we’d grow tired of the winning, he wasn’t joking!!!! 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yep. Plus this keeps the base happy. Makes Canada happy. Makes Mexico happy. Scares the Chinese. Scares Europe. I bet he has a new trade deal with Europe by spring. Smart move. Keep turning the screws on the Chinese and make amends with everyone else. Lot more to gain in Europe than in NAFTA too...

The EU is going to give us whatever we ask for. There will be a deal there soon 

1 minute ago, Blizzman said:

And down goes the wanna be sledskippingsinker.

Do you even read what you post? 

He said it’s a win for Canada and the US -  you framed it as the US getting over on both countries. 

Dairy is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and nothing more than a political talking point for trump. Won’t even be a blip on the radar for US dairy corps. 

It was handed to the US as a compromise that really won’t hurt the country that much  

we get to keep chapter 19 that trump was adamant about removing  

North Anerican content is a win for CanadiN part makers too  it will take a while to see who wins in this area outright as it’s so complicated  

So all in all a tweak of N existing deal  BFD  

so back where we began sub dripper  a deal you don’t know the first thing about, don’t  understand, or can even comment on, but one you decided to beat your chest about anyways  

time for your 14th beer  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

He said it’s a win for Canada and the US -  you framed it as the US getting over on both countries. 

Dairy is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and nothing more than a political talking point for trump. Won’t even be a blip on the radar for US dairy corps. 

It was handed to the US as a compromise that really won’t hurt the country that much  

we get to keep chapter 19 that trump was adamant about removing  

North Anerican content is a win for CanadiN part makers too  it will take a while to see who wins in this area outright as it’s so complicated  

So all in all a tweak of N existing deal  BFD  

so back where we began sub dripper  a deal you don’t know the first thing about, don’t  understand, or can even comment on, but one you decided to beat your chest about anyways  

time for your 14th beer  

Think you quoted the wrong person....

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Never back read the Frog stupidity in this thread but I read that Trump has power over China-Canada Trade in this agreement :lmao:

Would you say the new nafta Deal is the best deal by the greatest negotiator? 

16 minutes ago, frenchy said:

time for your 14th beer  

8 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Yeah that was for MNmomo. 

:lol:

On 10/1/2018 at 12:14 PM, frenchy said:

this says it all :lol: 

Didn't read the thread but this is just another example of Trump being all about branding and perceptions.

USMCA

It starts with "US" and ends with "A". 

• Like 1