Fall Foliage Thread

ckf

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

hoping to get my bike back friday and get a foliage ride next week down the kanc

I talked to Barry earlier today. Color is just starting in Tamworth. Take a spin through 113A on your way through and beep as you go by Dave's The Wonalancet Loop is a nice ride on a bike too :bc:

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Going to hit Grafton Notch again this weekend.

We used to go there quite often when I was a kid.  My uncle had a camp on Umbagog right on the line with Upton. Cool spot :bc:

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Going to hit Grafton Notch again this weekend.

Its a great area to explore. screw auger falls is one sight to check out. it has such a diverse landscape you can find all sorts of things to do. hike,repel, caveing, bike trails ect..    :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

We used to go there quite often when I was a kid.  My uncle had a camp on Umbagog right on the line with Upton. Cool spot :bc:

It IS.  it has sorta been my base camp for sledding for years now. some good friends have a place just down hill in Newry we ride out of.  :bc:

1 minute ago, old indy said:

Its a great area to explore. screw auger falls is one sight to check out. it has such a diverse landscape you can find all sorts of things to do. hike,repel, caveing, bike trails ect..    :thumbsup:

It IS.  it has sorta been my base camp for sledding for years now. some good friends have a place just down hill in Newry we ride out of.  :bc:

Is Newry snowmobile friendly, or is it a bunch of ski snobs?

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Is Newry snowmobile friendly, or is it a bunch of ski snobs?

OH ya, very. of coarse it doesnt have any stores or gas in town so..    Bethel gets a little skichickshitshow at times but overall its great.  The main trail is 13 a very tight twisty trail at first that connects to ITS82.   

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, old indy said:

OH ya, very. of coarse it doesnt have any stores or gas in town so..    Bethel gets a little skichickshitshow at times but overall its great.  The main trail is 13 a very tight twisty trail at first that connects to ITS82.   

I think ITS 82 is the trail that goes to Success Pond just north of Berlin, NH.

AHH could be?   it goes n into Errol NH up thru Grafton notch im not sure from there.?   scratch that  yes youre right. i never go that direction so i had to look it up  lol  

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Last ride on boat for the season in Old Forge,NY.....pic just b4 pulling boat out....Changing nicely here...near peak in spots...maybe a bit later than last year.

And one from the drone on a nicer day...the weather has sucked lately.

Screenshot_2018-10-03-20-02-33.png

20181004_095028.jpg

20181004_125152.jpg

• Like 3

Seems quite a bit behind in my neck of the woods as well. I was at our trailer last week-end and I don't recall seeing any trees turning yet. Quite the contrast to a couple years ago. 

IMG_1181 (Large).JPG

IMG_1176 (Large).JPG

• Like 3