Fall Foliage Thread

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member

Great thread.   I thought a few weeks ago we would have some early color.   Now not quite so sure.   Cool stream pic from my property.  

20180922_112320_resized.jpg

20180922_112332_resized.jpg

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Great thread.   I thought a few weeks ago we would have some early color.   Now not quite so sure.   Cool stream pic from my property.  

20180922_112320_resized.jpg

20180922_112332_resized.jpg

We are behind *normal* again this year. We are only about 30% color right now. The last weekend in September is usually around peak.

Just now, ckf said:

We are behind *normal* again this year. We are only about 30% color right now. The last weekend in September is usually around peak.

I think our peak is usually around 10th October but it don't last long from there.   Generally bow hunting 1st week in November most leaves are down.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I think our peak is usually around 10th October but it don't last long from there.   Generally bow hunting 1st week in November most leaves are down.  

That's about when it was where we lived in NH. Always right around Columbus Weekend.

8 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Nothing worse in my village than tourist coming to see the leaves change.  :flush: 

Lots of tourism $$$$ left throughout New England during foliage season :bc:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

We are starting to see some color here in northern New England.

42686421_2149943318362673_55097025411615

8 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Nothing worse in my village than tourist coming to see the leaves change.  :flush: 

Should I go to Ontario or Vermont? Ontario is gonna' be difficult, with RESIDENCY and CITIZENSHIP requirements. 

Vermont would be an easy move.  

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Should I go to Ontario or Vermont? Ontario is gonna' be difficult, with RESIDENCY and CITIZENSHIP requirements. 

Vermont would be an easy move.  

Don't move to southern Ontario  

11 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Boy they must be there a while to watch them change.  :poke:

On 9/28/2018 at 2:17 PM, Kev144 said:

Do you ask them if they are here to look at the colords? You should, the look on their faces is priceless.😂😂😂

Other than a few maples starting to change today after the hard freeze overnight and the Sumac it's still very green here. Next weekend will be a different story. I forgot to bring my drone this weekend but I'll be sure to bring it next weekend.

These shots are from 2 weeks ago.

FILE0020_Moment.jpg

FILE0020_Moment(2).jpg

• Like 4

Color has really come on over the past few days. I was in Colebrook, NH this afternoon and the leaves between IP and Colebrook were 70%-80% turned. The forecast for Friday looks good for getting the drone in the air for some photos.

Just now, ckf said:

Color has really come on over the past few days. I was in Colebrook, NH this afternoon and the leaves between IP and Colebrook were 70%-80% turned. The forecast for Friday looks good for getting the drone in the air for some photos.

Get out the hardhats.

29 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice! Where were you? Nicole and I were just talking about going over toward Lake Placid next year. 

Started in Amsterdam off Thruway, up route 30N to Sacandaga lake, took the 8N split, had a couple stops where that meets 28, to Indian lake,..back onto 30S to 365 to Utica, then jumped on Thruway home..I try and do loops when I'm doing calls..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Started in Amsterdam off Thruway, up route 30N to Sacandaga lake, took the 8N split, had a couple stops where that meets 28, to Indian lake,..back onto 30S to 365 to Utica, then jumped on Thruway home..I try and do loops when I'm doing calls..

Have you been to the Adirondack Museum?  I think it's in Blue Mountain Lake. I loved the classic wood canoes and boats :thumb:

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

Have you been to the Adirondack Museum?  I think it's in Blue Mountain Lake. I loved the classic wood canoes and boats :thumb:

I have not, I'm kinda a man on a mission when I'm out doing calls.. Definitely will be taking a trip through with the GF sometime where I can spend some more time checking things out..

That route 8, driving a convertible or on a Motorcycle on a nice day with that scenery would be epic..

• Like 2