No jail time for man who pleaded guilty in strangling sexual assault

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

:lol:

Not supporting transformative justice here?  :lol: 

Dude should have gotten 25 years minimum for an attack of that nature.   Sadly our justice system is full of sentences that are too light and too harsh.   The prosecutors office is just as much to blame here. 

Even without MM's our justice system applies maximum allowable sentences.   Not sure why minimum's are bad taking that into consideration.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Not supporting transformative justice here?  :lol: 

Dude should have gotten 25 years minimum for an attack of that nature.   Sadly our justice system is full of sentences that are too light and too harsh.   The prosecutors office is just as much to blame here. 

Even without MM's our justice system applies maximum allowable sentences.   Not sure why minimum's are bad taking that into consideration.  

I am not going to comment on the length of the sentence but definitely the guy should have got something. Many are in prison and jail for long terms that did something doesn't come close to what this guy did. It's like it an open season on women now, and trust me, there are morons out there, just like this guy, who won't hesitate now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

This is all on the prosecutor - has nothing to do with the judge. Just another stupid meme.  At least put the blame where it belongs as the charge and the sentence is okayed by the prosecution. The victim should have had a shit fit and not allow the sentence but she was nowhere to be found.

From your article...

Anchorage Assistant District Attorney Andrew Grannik said Wednesday that Schneider lost his job working for the federal government as a result of the case, a consequence he called a "life sentence." 

Grannik said he agreed to the plea deal based on Schneider's enrollment and progress in a treatment program, and an expert's assessment that the risk of him re-offending is low. 

"I hope it doesn't happen," Grannik said. "That's the reason why I made the deal that I've made, because I have reasonable expectations that it will not happen. But I would like the gentleman to be on notice that that is his one pass -- it's not really a pass -- but given the conduct, one might consider that it is.

Edited by SmeeAgain

3 hours ago, irv said:

I am not going to comment on the length of the sentence but definitely the guy should have got something. Many are in prison and jail for long terms that did something doesn't come close to what this guy did. It's like it an open season on women now, and trust me, there are morons out there, just like this guy, who won't hesitate now. 

Choke someone to unconsciousness, jack off on them while your basically holding them hostage in your vehicle then admit its all true.   25 years should be the minimum.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

This is all on the prosecutor - has nothing to do with the judge. Just another stupid meme.  At least put the blame where it belongs as the charge and the sentence is okayed by the prosecution.

From your article...

Plea deals are only guidelines.   Judges make the final call and he could have evened this out some by imposing a stiffer penalty but you are right that the prosecutor should be most of the blame.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Plea deals are only guidelines.   Judges make the final call and he could have evened this out some by imposing a stiffer penalty but you are right that the prosecutor should be most of the blame.  

Certainly you get ball-busting judges that won't okay a deal the prosecution made, but normally they do follow the recommendations of the prosecutor.  It is a little strange that both would go with this so light as I wouldn't think it bows well to being re-elected.

Just now, SmeeAgain said:

Certainly you get ball-busting judges that won't okay a deal the prosecution made, but normally they do follow the recommendations of the prosecutor.  It is a little strange that both would go with this so light as I wouldn't think it bows well to being re-elected.

Dude's gonna attack again.   

Just now, Highmark said:

Dude's gonna attack again.   

I agree.  Any fucker that gets their jollies by making a women think she's going to die has serious problems and will be habitual.  This bastard needs to be watched.

"The man told her that he wasn't really going to kill her, that he needed her to believe she was going to die so that he could be sexually fulfilled,"

17 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

I agree.  Any fucker that gets their jollies by making a women think she's going to die has serious problems and will be habitual.  This bastard needs to be watched.

I am sure he will be on good behaviour until the eyes watching him slowly begin to look elsewhere. There are only so many eyes available and that is why this fucker deserves to be in prison where he can be watched full time.

Unbelievable this has been allowed to happen! 

19 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

This is all on the prosecutor - has nothing to do with the judge. Just another stupid meme.  At least put the blame where it belongs as the charge and the sentence is okayed by the prosecution. The victim should have had a shit fit and not allow the sentence but she was nowhere to be found.

From your article...

Lmao. Funny how quickly you backpedaled on this.

Typical of white men to jump to the defense of other white men, and then blame the female victim for the lack of punishment of the offender.

This is exactly why women don't come forward and why men are trash.

12 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Typical of white men to jump to the defense of other white men, and then blame the female victim for the lack of punishment of the offender.

I can't tell if you're serious or not? You sure do like painting with a broad brush...

23 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It's very unusual for the judge to interject anything in the recommendation of the prosecutor - as in maybe 2% of the time.  It's still on the prosecutor for coming up with the penalty.  Still a very misleading and ignorant meme.

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Reading this I’m again reminded of one thing:  Moto is a fucking emotional, white knighting retard.

:lol:

Poor guy should have been born an African eunuch. It's got to be medically possible by now, I say we start a GoFundMe. :lol:

8 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

It's very unusual for the judge to interject anything in the recommendation of the prosecutor - as in maybe 2% of the time.  It's still on the prosecutor for coming up with the penalty.  Still a very misleading and ignorant meme.

Lmao. 

Clearly this is somehow the victims' fault because a meme wasn't up to your clearly high standards of accuracy. 

🗑️🚮

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, motonoggin said:

Lmao. 

Clearly this is somehow the victims' fault because a meme wasn't up to your clearly high standards of accuracy. 

🗑️🚮

Victims fault?  Hell no!  How did you get that out of what I said?  Just blame the correct dumbass. :thumb:  The prosecutor should not be re-elected IMO.