Contractors: Trump tariffs causing rise in rebuilding costs after hurricane

Mainecat

Contractors: Trump tariffs causing rise in rebuilding costs after hurricane

Source: The Hill

BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN - 09/22/18 09:32 AM EDT 

The Trump administration’s new tariffs will add to the cost of rebuilding after natural disasters like Hurricane Florence, homebuilders and contractors say. 

The officials told The New York Times that the new tariffs on Chinese goods like countertops and furniture will make construction costs about 20 to 30 percent more expensive than they would have been without the trade duties. 

Wood prices are also up by 40 percent from last year, adding to rebuilding costs. The Times noted that the Trump administration slapped a 20 percent tariff on softwood lumber from Canada last year, and that prices have risen over supply issues. And the 25 percent tariff on steel imports implemented earlier this year is also driving up costs, according to the newspaper. 

“We’re all going to pay the price for it in terms of higher construction costs,” Alan Banks, president of the North Carolina Home Builders Association, told The Times.

Read more: https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/407904-contractors-trump-tariffs-causing-rise-in-rebuilding-costs-after 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Hey bro, every disaster recovery has increased building material costs because of excessive demand and limited availability. Plywood can and has gone for $100 a sheet after a hurricane. 

Read the WSJ link in the story.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I mean, MC can't even have a weekend off without asking for his daily beatdown.  Jesus!  :lmao:

And the ankle biter arrives on cue. A professional follower.

this is Zambroski...

Edited by Mainecat
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mainecat said:

Easy way out Zambroski

Out?  Who wants out.

You know that feeling you get when you feel it may be time to put somebody back on ignore?  Yeah...you are getting that right now.  That....and a nice wet coil in your pampers.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Out?  Who wants out.

You know that feeling you get when you feel it may be time to put somebody back on ignore?  Yeah...you are getting that right now.  That....and a nice wet coil in your pampers.

You actually think people on here GAF about your opinion.....that’s why you’re so fucking stupid.......you really think people GAF about your opinion :lmao: Dude....you’re a joke on here......maybe HCSCE where you can be the forums version of Fife is better suited for you......some dummies over there probably think you're lies are  cool :lmao:  

I post.  You respond.......repeat :lol: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

You actually think people on here GAF about your opinion.....that’s why you’re so fucking stupid.......you really think people GAF about your opinion :lmao: Dude....you’re a joke on here......maybe HCSCE where you can be the forums version of Fife is better suited for you......some dummies over there probably think you're lies are  cool :lmao:  

I post.  You respond.......repeat :lol: 

Poo little fella.  All bent up because he can't be a man and get's bullied to beat hell in his little internet safe places.

:lol:

SR No Men Waldo.png

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Out?  Who wants out.

Hahahahaha.  :lol2: 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Poo little fella.  All bent up because he can't be a man and get's bullied to beat hell in his little internet safe places.

SR No Men Waldo.png

Nice projection......the only fucker getting bullied on the interwebs is you........remember when you were gonna ‘teach me a lesson’......’show up and be a tough guy’.... :lmao: ......yo I’m still waiting.......what’s the deal.....you scared?  :news:

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Nice projection......the only fucker getting bullied on the interwebs is you........remember when you were gonna ‘teach me a lesson’......’show up and be a tough guy’.... :lmao: ......yo I’m still waiting.......what’s the deal.....you scared?  :news:

Oh, I'm terrified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  Your body bag comment really made me think about this.  :lol:

You sound like you are ready.  Really been hitting those pilates, huh?  :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, I'm terrified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  Your body bag comment really made me think about this.  :lol:

You sound like you are ready.  Really been hitting those pilates, huh?  :lmao:

You’re the ‘tough guy’ lip flapper :lmao:   Tell the class how ‘tough’ you are again.........I’m starting to forget...👍

:lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Oh, don't forget.  Remember...stay vigilent!!!!!

Come on dude......remind us what a ‘bad ass’ you are.....I forgot.....:news:  Your interweb lore is bigly impressive.....:thumbsup: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

Come on dude......remind us what a ‘bad ass’ you are.....I forgot.....:news:  Your interweb lore is bigly impressive.....:thumbsup: 

Who do I need to remind.  You are the only one that needs to be concerned about my "badassyness".

Bad news for you is, my real life "lore" is really impressive.  STAY VIGILENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!