Stories like this remind me why I love my work

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Guys....be really careful with anything you give your pets.

There is literally zero standards , law , rules , inspections ......nothing for pet products. That includes prescriptions.

Unless someone sues and shows damage they basically sell you what they want.

I know...my wife is fanatical anout that kind of stuff. Even some of those clear and tick chews the vet prescribes can fuck your pet up...it's why we still use the drops on their backs. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know...my wife is fanatical anout that kind of stuff. Even some of those clear and tick chews the vet prescribes can fuck your pet up...it's why we still use the drops on their backs. 

Yup....my wife came home with some script for my dog when he was licking. I researched it and instantly threw it away. It was basically chemo to stop an allergy. Its fucking insane

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We used to give Izzy FronLine+ when we were in NH. I hated putting it on her because you know that you are basically poisoning you pet. We are fortunate that we haven't seen any ticks since moving to northern Vermont and haven't used it since our 1st summer here. .

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thats we use...ticks are brutal here in july and august.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

We used to give Izzy FronLine+ when we were in NH. I hated putting it on her because you know that you are basically poisoning you pet. We are fortunate that we haven't seen any ticks since moving to northern Vermont and haven't used it since our 1st summer here. .

Speaking of poisoning your dog...we had to get the one rabies shot so we could cross the border on our trip to MN... well they give the dog the same amount whether hes a lb or 130 lbs....first he was sore as fuck from the needle....then while we were down there the bloody diarrhea came...wasnt a surprise as he had it when he got his 1st shot when he was a pup...so stupid the law requires this.

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Here its spring and fall. When I first bought the place I had it logged. Was out cleaning up slash for 4 hrs. Came in and had 5 ticks on me. Now I have chickens that walk around all day eating bugs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Speaking of poisoning your dog...we had to get the one rabies shot d cross the border on our trip to MN... well they give the dog the same amount whether hes a lb or 130 lbs....first he was sore as fuck from the needle....the while we were there the bloody diarrhea came...wasnt a surprise as he had it when he got his 1st shot when he was a pup...so stupid the law requires this.is it the same in is it the same in

I read somewhere that rabies shots lasted 7 years. Yet dogs are required to get them either every year or every three years depending on what state you live in. Is it the same in Nookville?

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I read somewhere that rabies shots lasted 7 years. Yet dogs are required to get them either every year or every three years depending on what state you live in. Is it the same in Nookville?

3 yrs here.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

How in the fuck do they enforce that? Sounds like living in NY or Cali

Just now, f7ben said:

I don't think they do, but if you take your pet to the vet they want the records for the last rabies shot or they will require you to come back one year later for a booster. Our vet in NH sent the records over to the new vet in VT so Izzy didn't have to have a booster shot a year later.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They dont here....but if you want to go to the usa....you need it to cross in case they check....which they rarely do.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

We've had two dogs go into shock over the Lepto part of the "anual shots" and lost one due to an unknown cause the day after annual shots.  After that, I started doing research on these "recommended" or "required" vaccinations.  What I got was: all bullshit.  Rabies is legit but not needed every year.  Annuals are a money grab.  Since then (15 years ago) I stopped doing it all together after the initial vaccinations and refuse them when at the vet for another reason.  They look at me like I'm insane.  I just look back and grin.  I read a nice article out of the UK about the BS selling of annual vacines to pets. Yup...bullshit. Guess what country leads the way in this sales hype..YUP!!!  'Murica.

I've since had no problems and my dogs/cats live way past their estimated life span.  Nobody will ever convince me different about the benefits "yearly vaccinations".  Oh, I havent had a flu shot since I left the military.  NO FLU!!  WEIRD!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Big pharma, Medical/healthcare, and oil/energy companies run America.  That's all there is to it.  The order is correct now too.

I was referring to there just being way too many laws

3 hours ago, ckf said:

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

I've been using the Soresto collars for the past 2 years, my cat would have side effects from Frontline after I would put it on him,..for 3 weeks he would walk around like he stepped in water shaking his paws..

I have been completely satisfied with the Soresto collars, zero issues

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

we have to license pets here,  reality is your a fool if you do it the first year because otherwise they have no way to know.  kennel requires up to date shots 

Not a fan of kennels...always find a way to take the little guys with us or have friends take them.