Stories like this remind me why I love my work

24 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That's the one that gets me. When ya see a kid with cancer all ya can say is " if there is a god , he is an asshole"

Funny how people always pray to God to do this for them or help them thru this and then when questioned about why a loving God allows this they cite free will. God does not interfere. None of it makes any sense whatsoever. 

17 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Ive done alot of research in cancer (i realize they arent all the same) and it looks like the spread of cancer is the result of a compromised immune system. Your body has cancer cells going thru it all the time and your immune system cleans them out. 

Radiation and chemotherapy kills cancer cells but they also kill healthy cells and further compromises your immune system. The medical treatments address the symptom but not the cause. Many times cancer patients initially beat the cancer back with chemo and radiation only to have it come back stronger than ever because now your body is less able to fight it due to the damage done by the treatment. 

Effective cancer treatments have to deal with it on multiple levels. 

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I remember a yr or so ago reading about polio. Your bodies antibodies kill of disease but cancer has something in it that dosnt allow that to happen. Infecting someone with polio ( obviously has its own drawbacks ) allows your antibodies to kill the cancer. Then never heard anything else about it.

It is thought that cannabis reactivates the body's immune system to recognize cancer as corrupted cells and it removes them. I think it's called macro autophagy.

16 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Personally i think they should decriminalize organic plant material and just regulate the extracts and derivitives. My recent experience with an edible prompts me to believe that some general guidelines are required. :lol:

Yeah, you gotta be careful with edibles. Starting off with like a 10-15mg dose is wise. Don't eat 100mg your first time out or you're gonna have a bad day.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

It is thought that cannabis reactivates the body's immune system to recognize cancer as corrupted cells and it removes them. I think it's called macro autophagy.

I think it's hard to argue that cannabis doesn't have a medical benefit when our bodies have endocannabanoid receptors... 

Yeah, you gotta be careful with edibles. Starting off with like a 10-15mg dose is wise. Don't eat 100mg your first time out or you're gonna have a bad day.

That and you really don't know what you're getting, what's in it or if it's even really cannabis. 

I remenber seeing a doctor on TV many years ago saying that cancer is not a disease. Cancer is the body's reaction to toxicity. I agree 1000%. 

Radiation being the ultimate poison, I believe we are witnessing the effects of Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, and Fukashima.  God knows how much other toxins have been released in this country/world that we don't know about. 

This is why you find HIGHER CANCER RATES near industrial pollution sites...............TOXICITY. 

One of my buds has real bad psoriasis (I think that’s what you’d call it - it’s a real bad rash) on his hands and feet. So bad he couldn't even walk some days. All the meds the doctors gave him didn’t do shit except the steroids, but that has huge side effects and caused other issues.

He’s been using this cannibis cream for the last 2 years and it’s completely gone away. It’s changed his life for sure.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

One of my buds has real bad psoriasis (I think that’s what you’d call it - it’s a real bad rash) on his hands and feet. So bad he couldn't even walk some days. All the meds the doctors gave him didn’t do shit except the steroids, but that has huge side effects and caused other issues.

He’s been using this cannibis cream for the last 2 years and it’s completely gone away. It’s changed his life for sure.

Wife picked up some of that when she was in Seattle recently. Helped MILs knee pain and other ailments some of us have had. Now my SIL is trying it too

15 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Wife picked up some of that when she was in Seattle recently. Helped MILs knee pain and other ailments some of us have had. Now my SIL is trying it too

Funny thing is his doctor was giving him shit about using it. :lol: He told that guy to fuck off. Apparently big pharma was more important to that guy than his patients. Shameful.

• Platinum Contributing Member

This is what my wife suffers from and while she occasionally takes a norco when it's really bad or a migraine med when those strike for the most part she just deals with it...been trying to get her to try oil, edibles, etc....any ideas?

http://www.rsdhope.org/what-is-crps1.html

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is what my wife suffers from and while she occasionally takes a norco when it's really bad or a migraine med when those strike for the most part she just deals with it...been trying to get her to try oil, edibles, etc....any ideas?

http://www.rsdhope.org/what-is-crps1.html

That sounds awful! 

I'd try vapes, edibles, even a topical. Something with a good amount of THC. 

That sounds awful! 

I'd try vapes, edibles, even a topical. Something with a good amount of THC. 

Yeah it's pretty fucked up...she was in a relatively minor fender bender about 6 years ago  where she got rear ended and they speculate that is  what triggered it. I'll look into those options...thanks. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not yet and not sure why....she is stubborn.

My wife has been using it for complications with her Lyme disease. All of the scripts and all of the doctors she has seen nothing helped and many of the scripts made her ill. The cannabis and CBD are the only things that have helped so far. And my wife has a drug addict loser brother who has caused her family immeasurable grief. She is(was) the most anti drug person I know. She is a believer now. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

My wife has been using it for complications with her Lyme disease. All of the scripts and all of the doctors she has seen nothing helped and many of the scripts made her ill. The cannabis and CBD are the only things that have helped so far. And my wife has a drug addict loser brother who has caused her family immeasurable grief. She is(was) the most anti drug person I know. She is a believer now. 

Were thinking of using cbd on our anxious husky to calm him down.:lol:

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Were thinking of using cbd on our anxious husky to calm him down.:lol:

I got this stuff for my dog to help with separatation anxiety. Got it off Amazon

IMG_20180923_082327411.jpg

40 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I got this stuff for my dog to help with separatation anxiety. Got it off Amazon

IMG_20180923_082327411.jpg

We use those hemp chews especially with our Blue Heeler....she has real anxiety with thunder and during fireworks. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

Guys....be really careful with anything you give your pets.

There is literally zero standards , law , rules , inspections ......nothing for pet products. That includes prescriptions.

Unless someone sues and shows damage they basically sell you what they want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1