Stories like this remind me why I love my work

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's honkie cancer.  Did they catch it early enough?

They think so.   Its nowhere else so far.  Outlook for patients that age are worse.   15-19 have a lower 5 year survival rate for some reason.  

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

So which component has the most medical benefit, the thc, cbd or other?

I don't know if you can say one cannabinoid is more medically valuable than another. This oil was THC dominant, though. THC seems to be the best at killing cancer.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

I don't know if you can say one cannabinoid is more medically valuable than another. This oil was THC dominant, though. THC seems to be the best at killing cancer.

Is indica or sativa a factor or is thc the same in both?

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They think so.   Its nowhere else so far.  Outlook for patients that age are worse.   15-19 have a lower 5 year survival rate for some reason.  

I hope he is going to make it.  My wife and I used to go to the childrens cancer center once a year to help out for a few days.  It got tough.  It's one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever done.  We had to stop.  We just donate now.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I hope he is going to make it.  My wife and I used to go to the childrens cancer center once a year to help out for a few days.  It got tough.  It's one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever done.  We had to stop.  We just donate now.

Gonna be a tough fight.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

My sis was in one of the top pediatric cancer hospitals in the world. I would walk the floor she was on and it was filled with babies and little kids dying. To this day I have never seen anything so horrific. Any time one of those st. Jude commercials comes on I turn the channel. I can't watch it. 

Is indica or sativa a factor or is thc the same in both?

Not really, unless it's true cannabis sativa, which is industrial hemp, and is CBD dominant.

Most 'sativas' are actually indica crosses. All thc dominant varieties are cannabis indica.

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

My sis was in one of the top pediatric cancer hospitals in the world. I would walk the floor she was on and it was filled with babies and little kids dying. To this day I have never seen anything so horrific. Any time one of those st. Jude commercials comes on I turn the channel. I can't watch it. 

Yeah....it's tough.  It's not fair.  I don't give two hot fucks about adults but kids are a different story.  They are truly innocent.  Our last visit my wife cried the whole way home because one of the 6 year old girls that we thought was going to make it...all of a sudden just didn't.  We had to stop.  If I ever questioned my atheism, those trips there left no doubt.

St.Jude is one of our biggest donations every year.  We do Shriner's also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

We need more testing to see what all of the medical benefits are.  Didn't the government just open up some medical testing for cannabis?

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

We need more testing to see what all of the medical benefits are.  Didn't the government just open up some medical testing for cannabis?

Yeah, the DEA is importing cannabis from Canada to California to conduct another study. Most likely to try and come up with some new propaganda.

As long as it's still schedule I, federally funded research on medical benefits won't happen.

Edited by motonoggin

Medical benefit or not, cannabis and or hemp is a super plant. The economic benefits and industrial applications are endless. The reasons it is illegal are fabricated and without merit. The idea of making people criminals who otherwise would not be except for they chose to consume a plant is unamerican and the antithesis to the principles of freedom. 

Edited by Nazipigdog
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Now you tell me!  This whole relationship has been one big tease!!!  WTF!  

WHERE'S MY OTHER LITTLE DUCKY?!?!?!?!?!?!?  

Why ya been letting him hit you on the promise that you get to be the top " someday soon"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah, the DEA is importing cannabis from Canada to California to conduct another study. Most likely to try and come up with some new propaganda.

As long as it's still schedule I, federally funded research on medical benefits won't happen.

IMO California was the tipping point for legal marijuana. It may take some time, but the feds are going to have to legalize it. You know damn well they are already thinking about how to tax it at the federal leval.

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah....it's tough.  It's not fair.  I don't give two hot fucks about adults but kids are a different story.  They are truly innocent.  Our last visit my wife cried the whole way home because one of the 6 year old girls that we thought was going to make it...all of a sudden just didn't.  We had to stop.  If I ever questioned my atheism, those trips there left no doubt.

St.Jude is one of our biggest donations every year.  We do Shriner's also.

That's the one that gets me. When ya see a kid with cancer all ya can say is " if there is a god , he is an asshole"

10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Medical benefit or not, cannabis and or hemp is a super plant. The economic benefits and industrial applications are endless. The reasons it is illegal are fabricated and without merit. The idea of making people criminals who otherwise would not be except for they chose to consume a plant is unamerican and the antithesis to the principles of freedom. 

well said

20 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

It's one thing to get old and get cancer but when you see kids get cancer and die that young, it's just devastating.......heartbreaking to the max.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

IMO California was the tipping point for legal marijuana. It may take some time, but the feds are going to have to legalize it. You know damn well they are already thinking about how to tax it at the federal leval.

Yup. I'd prefer it be treated like tomatoes at the federal level but the government will insist on their bribe money.

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It's one thing to get old and get cancer but when you see kids get cancer and die that young, it's just devastating.......heartbreaking to the max.

Makes you wonder what's in our environment/food/water that would cause that. 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yup. I'd prefer it be treated like tomatoes at the federal level but the government will insist on their bribe money.

In Indiana the legislators are setting it up so only select people can profit from it. Mostly them and their donors. But with the rest of the country going towards some form of legalization they can't stop it. To go backwards would unleash holy hell. They will have no choice but to at least reschedule it. 

In Indiana the legislators are setting it up so only select people can profit from it. Mostly them and their donors. But with the rest of the country going towards some form of legalization they can't stop it. To go backwards would unleash holy hell. They will have no choice but to at least reschedule it. 

It's a racket in some states. Michigan is going to allow microbusiness operation under the new rec law.

150 plants. Grow, process, and sell out of the same location. Just like a regular farm. It should be pretty cool. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It's a racket in some states. Michigan is going to allow microbusiness operation under the new rec law.

150 plants. Grow, process, and sell out of the same location. Just like a regular farm. It should be pretty cool. 

That is cool , and the way it should be done.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Makes you wonder what's in our environment/food/water that would cause that. 

Ive done alot of research in cancer (i realize they arent all the same) and it looks like the spread of cancer is the result of a compromised immune system. Your body has cancer cells going thru it all the time and your immune system cleans them out. 

Radiation and chemotherapy kills cancer cells but they also kill healthy cells and further compromises your immune system. The medical treatments address the symptom but not the cause. Many times cancer patients initially beat the cancer back with chemo and radiation only to have it come back stronger than ever because now your body is less able to fight it due to the damage done by the treatment. 

Effective cancer treatments have to deal with it on multiple levels. 

I remember a yr or so ago reading about polio. Your bodies antibodies kill of disease but cancer has something in it that dosnt allow that to happen. Infecting someone with polio ( obviously has its own drawbacks ) allows your antibodies to kill the cancer. Then never heard anything else about it.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Personally i think they should decriminalize organic plant material and just regulate the extracts and derivitives. My recent experience with an edible prompts me to believe that some general guidelines are required. :lol:

• Haha 2