Stories like this remind me why I love my work

These are before and after images of a patient's lungs. He had sarcoma on his heart and lungs. You can see the tumors circled on the left  image. His doctors told him the only way the cancer was going to leave his body was through surgery to remove the tumors. 60 days of cannabis oil and the results can be seen in the image on the right. 

He won't need surgery now. He used suppositories made from raw cacao and cannabis oil. His medicine was made and given to him for free. 

signal-2018-09-21-182758.jpg

• Like 7

Awesome news and having a sister who died from the effects of cancer treatment while putting my parents $1,000,000 in debt I can only hope that more effective and economically viable treatments (whatever they are)are embraced and not ridiculed or dismissed because of ignorance and stubborness. 

• Like 4

There's a huge advantage to suppositories. The colon absorbs about 80% of the medicine vs about 30% orally. 

The oil also mostly bypasses the liver when absorbed through the colon, so it doesn't get metabolized into the psychoactive form of thc, so the high is super mild and not at all debilitating. Patients describe it as similar to a mild edible.

7 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Awesome news and having a sister who died from the effects of cancer treatment while putting my parents $1,000,000 in debt I can only hope that more effective and economically viable treatments (whatever they are)are embraced and not ridiculed or dismissed because of ignorance and stubborness. 

If we charged a fair price for this, this guy's treatment would have cost roughly $20/day. So his 60 day regimen would be a total of 1200 bucks.

Edited by motonoggin

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

There's a huge advantage to suppositories. The colon absorbs about 80% of the medicine vs about 30% orally. 

The oil also mostly bypasses the liver when absorbed through the colon, so it doesn't get metabolized into the psychoactive form of thc, so the high is super mild and not at all debilitating. Patients describe it as similar to a mild edible.

What about intravenously? Is that an option? 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I ordered some CBD oil for my dog Thursday, should be here today. Taking him off of Fluoxetine and going to try the natural route. The oil will cost about 8x more though.

Just now, motonoggin said:

If we charged a fair price for this, this guy's treatment would have cost roughly $20/day. So his 60 day regimen would be a totyof 1200 bucks.

Well now you know why the medical community scoffs at it. 

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It might be, it would probably work. I don't think anyone has tried injecting marijuanas yet, though. 

I guess when faced with the alternative I could muster up the courage but I really don't like things going in my butt. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I guess when faced with the alternative I could muster up the courage but I really don't like things going in my butt. 

Yeah it's not so bad, really. 

Tommy Chong cured his prostate cancer with suppositories.

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Now you tell me!  This whole relationship has been one big tease!!!  WTF!  

WHERE'S MY OTHER LITTLE DUCKY?!?!?!?!?!?!?  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If we charged a fair price for this, this guy's treatment would have cost roughly $20/day. So his 60 day regimen would be a total of 1200 bucks.

How many mg of THC per day was the guy taking?

Just now, motonoggin said:

Yeah it's not so bad, really. 

Tommy Chong cured his prostate cancer with suppositories.

Haha, I have to tell my dad about that. He has become quite the marijuana proponent lately. But he kicked me out of the house when I was a kid for using it. Hypocrite! :lol:

• Haha 1