The risk of going after Kavanaugh.

Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member

Do you take a conservative leaning judge and make him ultra conservative?  Honestly Trump made a huge mistake here.   He should have realized how the left plays the game and nominated an even less qualified woman.   Let them attack her going into the midterms.  

Many feel Clarence Thomas is the most conservative Justice in SC history.   Was that in his nature or did it evolve after the Anita Hill attacks during his confirmation?

https://www.thoughtco.com/top-conservative-supreme-court-justices-3303395

Arguably the most conservative Justice in recent US Supreme Court history, Clarence Thomas is well-known for his conservative/libertarian leanings. He strongly supports state's rights and takes a strict constructivist approach to interpreting the US Constitution. He has consistently taken political conservative positions in decisions dealing with executive power, free speech, the death penalty and affirmative action. Thomas is unafraid of voicing his dissent with the majority, even when it is politically unpopular. Justice Thomas was appointed to the Supreme Court in 1991 by Republican President George H.W. Bush. 

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

4chan incel qanon

Oh my. +1 for word choice. 

The real honest truth is this could backfire for the Dems if the succeed in killing off Kavanaugh. What is the number one way to get R’s to show up? Base it on a SC pick... Not only can the R’s rile up the Trump voters by saying, “Look what they did to Trumpy’s pick!” They also will get the establishment moderate R’s to show up.

People keep forgetting the R’s don’t need to win seats, they just need to not lose that many. If you have more people coming out to vote for Senate picks, they are inevitably going to vote R for the house seat as well. I’m kinda hoping they lose Kavanaugh to see how it plays out. This could really, really backfire. Especially if they pick up a few more senate seats. Then they can ramrod killing Obama Care down our throats. Plus Trump will pick some psycho hard right woman for the SC seat...

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Oh my. +1 for word choice. 

The real honest truth is this could backfire for the Dems if the succeed in killing off Kavanaugh. What is the number one way to get R’s to show up? Base it on a SC pick... Not only can the R’s rile up the Trump voters by saying, “Look what they did to Trumpy’s pick!” They also will get the establishment moderate R’s to show up.

People keep forgetting the R’s don’t need to win seats, they just need to not lose that many. If you have more people coming out to vote for Senate picks, they are inevitably going to vote R for the house seat as well. I’m kinda hoping they lose Kavanaugh to see how it plays out. This could really, really backfire. Especially if they pick up a few more senate seats. Then they can ramrod killing Obama Care down our throats. Plus Trump will pick some psycho hard right woman for the SC seat...

All good points. It's going to be an interesting couple of months. 

25 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If your nomination process makes you so butthurt that you become a 4chan incel qanon dipshit, you aren't fit to serve.

To some extent I agree but 1. Judges are human and if this didn't happen its beyond shitty what is going on.   2.   Many cases are clear and that's why more than the people know the court rules 9-0.   There are others where its not clear at all.  

39 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Do you take a conservative leaning judge and make him ultra conservative?  Honestly Trump made a huge mistake here.   He should have realized how the left plays the game and nominated an even less qualified woman.   Let them attack her going into the midterms.  

I've been thinking this too.  Should have nominated ANY WOMAN  as a patsy then, let the left wet all over themselves and trow more of their integrity down the trash.  Then,  nominate the real pic (Kav) after the mid terms turn into a huge win for the R's.   Then...I thought...what if that is what he is already doing with Kavanaugh?  Throwing him to the retards to get ??????  

:dunno:

Meh...all that possible mental chess aside,  I still think Kavanaugh will get confirmed..and sooner rather than later.  This is all just more infantile idiocy by the left.....nothing more.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Can't wait to ban abortion and wreck the Constitution to own the libs!

1. Most legal scholars do not think Roe was correctly ruled on the merits. 

2. Even Ginsburg has said it should have been ruled differently and commented on about how the fear of population growth played a role in the decision.  

3. I really don't think Roe being overturned would change anything on abortion.    

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

1. Most legal scholars do not think Roe was correctly ruled on the merits. 

2. Even Ginsburg has said it should have been ruled differently and commented on about how the fear of population growth played a role in the decision.  

3. I really don't think Roe being overturned would change anything on abortion.    

I don't believe it would get overturned . And lets not overlook the simple fact that it would spend yrs in lower courts before it even got there.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I don't believe it would get overturned . And lets not overlook the simple fact that it would spend yrs in lower courts before it even got there.

Its highly unlikely the SC would even take it on except for specific instances like 3rd trimester and what not.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Its highly unlikely the SC would even take it on except for specific instances like 3rd trimester and what not.  

Exactly. Trump used in during the election to garner the jesus freak vote. Now dems are using it to rally the troops. Honestly its like talking about what you are going to do with all the extra money you will have from a dem tax cut.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Exactly. Trump used in during the election to garner the jesus freak vote. Now dems are using it to rally the troops. Honestly its like talking about what you are going to do with all the extra money you will have from a dem tax cut.

Remember the gloom and doom the left had predicted of which absolutely nothing has played out.  :lol:  

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

In their minds it has. Shit some are shooting themselves. 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Some are just shitting themselves.

Its fucking hilarious to watch.   I mean if you listened to them by now AA would be slaves again, women wouldn't be able to vote and all Hispanic/Latino's would have been kicked out or in Concentration camps.   :lol:  

Oh lets not forget the 2-3 nuclear wars that should have occurred.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

I can not get my head around why anyone would give a rat's ass what some fat, slobby, low-life minority sow does with her fetus!!!  Honestly, I can't believe what goes on in America. This is all fukken religion-based. Thanks to the Roman Catholic Church, and other RELIGIOU-FREAKS. 

Abortion should be a non-subject. I'm sure that Pence is against it as is Trump. They are appealing to the religious right fucktards. 

If it was up to me, I'd supply a SHOP-VAC with an " Uncle Znotty's Abortion Nozzle " to every wretched minority girl out there..............FREE OF CHARGE!!!

EVERY FUKKEN ONE OF THEM!! YES!! Minorities earned their reputations with their violent, brutal behavior. For that matter, a lot of whites suck too. 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its fucking hilarious to watch.   I mean if you listened to them by now AA would be slaves again, women wouldn't be able to vote and all Hispanic/Latino's would have been kicked out or in Concentration camps.   :lol:  

Oh lets not forget the 2-3 nuclear wars that should have occurred.  :lol:  

What's amazing is the sheep they've managed to keep in their flock with this absurdity.

"Intellectually elite!"

Just now, Zambroski said:

What's amazing is the sheep they've managed to keep in their flock with this absurdity.

"Intellectually elite!"

Every one of my congressperson ( couldn't resist ) ads mention the disfunction on both sides. And she's a hardcore lib.

5 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I can not get my head around why anyone would give a rat's ass what some fat, slobby, low-life minority sow does with her fetus!!!  Honestly, I can't believe what goes on in America. This is all fukken religion-based. Thanks to the Roman Catholic Church, and other RELIGIOU-FREAKS. 

Abortion should be a non-subject. I'm sure that Pence is against it as is Trump. They are appealing to the religious right fucktards. 

If it was up to me, I'd supply a SHOP-VAC with an " Uncle Znotty's Abortion Nozzle " to every wretched minority girl out there..............FREE OF CHARGE!!!

EVERY FUKKEN ONE OF THEM!! YES!! Minorities earned their reputations with their violent, brutal behavior. For that matter, a lot of whites suck too. 

Dude you are an embarrassment to our sport.  It would be good for the sledding world if you would find a tree at high speeds this season.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Simmer down you.

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Every one of my congressperson ( couldn't resist ) ads mention the disfunction on both sides. And she's a hardcore lib.

:lmao:

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude you are an embarrassment to our sport.  It would be good for the sledding world if you would find a tree at high speeds this season.  

Oh stop it.  He's the funniest racist I've ever seen.  I mean. "....Uncle Znotty's Abortion Nozzle...."?  LOL!  Who thinks of that?   :lmao:

• Thanks 1