So now she's going to testify

jtssrx

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

I tend to believe people who have nothing to gain by going public and know full well the treatment they'll receive but do it anyway. 

What makes you so sure she has nothing to gain? 

But on the other hand, why her?

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

She's already been run out of her house, had death threats, been impersonated online, been hacked, etc.

Why would anyone willingly subject themselves to that? 

Political goal, and hers is to help keep a GOP appointee from the bench

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

"Terms that are fair."  :lol:   This testimony isn't happening.   They want to move the needle back the other way.   She will ask for "terms" that are not acceptable like nobody from the GOP can ask questions or only women can......same thing as no GOP members are female.   

Have to understand how these people work.   Its political....then are banking on this being delayed to motivate voters.   They have information that scares them on the midterms.  Its call declassification by Trump.    

Of course it's all political and stall, stall, stall until the the mid-terms. The Dems bluff has been called and now they have to show the cards. She'll show up and be well coached on the vague memories she has.  It makes good real reality TV. 

A former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford tells NPR that she does not know if an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh took place as she first suggested on social media.

"That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR's Nina Totenberg. "I can't say that it did or didn't."

That's different from what Miranda wrote Wednesday in a now-deleted Facebook post that stated definitively, "The incident DID happen, many of us heard about it in school."

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

What makes you so sure she has nothing to gain? 

But on the other hand, why her?

Are you saying she's being paid? Do you have any proof?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Political goal, and hers is to help keep a GOP appointee from the bench

Right so she's going to ruin her own life just to make a false accusation.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Right so she's going to ruin her own life just to make a false accusation.

I doubt she thought it thru when she started it. Sure she realized it may get heated , but Im willing to bet right about now she wishes she kept her mouth shut.

In many states, 17 is old enough to stand trial as an adult. Especially for sexual assault. 

Let's say we take Mrs Ford at her word and say Kavanaugh grouped her through her cloths as she said at a time and place she can't remember. What would be the reprecusions for a 17 year old at the time in the state in question? 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I doubt she thought it thru when she started it. Sure she realized it may get heated , but Im willing to bet right about now she wishes she kept her mouth shut.

Yeah I'm sure she didn't think it through. Typical woman, so indecisive and flaky...

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

you pony up yours, i'll pony up mine.  

I'm not getting the death threat shit though.  That's ridiculous and whomever's behind it needs to have their heads examined.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Let's say we take Mrs Ford at her word and say Kavanaugh grouped her through her cloths as she said at a time and place she can't remember. What would be the reprecusions for a 17 year old at the time in the state in question? 

Dont ask me. You have the google too.

1 minute ago, hayward said:

you pony up yours, i'll pony up mine.  

I'm not getting the death threat shit though.  That's ridiculous and whomever's behind it needs to have their heads examined.

Those pro lifers love their death threats....

Edited by motonoggin

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

why he'd be labeled hetero sexual end of discussion:lol:

55 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

kavanaugh has shit to hide. he knows it, the gop knows it. neither want the fbi snooping around. 

He’s already been vetted by the FBI several times you fucking retard :lol: 

Dont ask me. You have the google too.

Private school kid back then would have got a stearn talking to at best. Ms Ford would have gotten a once over as well for being intoxicated underage and out late at a party as well. Bottom line this is the worst rabbit hole the Dems could go down as I fear it will come back to get them at a later date. 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Private school kid back then would have got a stearn talking to at best. Ms Ford would have gotten a once over as well for being intoxicated underage and out late at a party as well. Bottom line this is the worst rabbit hole the Dems could go down as I fear it will come back to get them at a later date. 

Boys will be boys eh?

Smh. That's some old fashioned patriarchal shit right there.

15 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Boys will be boys eh?

Yea cause teenage girls are all pure in their intentions. Look if they had something from this decade on Kavanaugh than I would be all ears as I really don't love the guy as a pick. But the idea that standard practice is going to go back to high school and see if you had any out standing books from the library is just silly. Again I am willing to take Ms Ford at her word which I think might be too generous and still I do not care. The guy is as qualified as any that have been put up in recent times and the rest is just politics of the worst kind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yea cause teenage girls are all pure in their intentions. Look if they had something from this decade on Kavanaugh than I would be all ears as I really don't love the guy as a pick. But the idea that standard practice is going to go back to high school and see if you had any out standing books from the library is just silly. Again I am willing to take Ms Ford at her word which I think might be too generous and still I do not care. The guy is as qualified as any that have been put up in recent times and the rest is just politics of the worst kind.

:iagree:

33 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Boys will be boys eh?

So in your whole entire life of sexual encounters, as a youth, as a young adult, as a married adult I assume?? You have never had a female say "no" to anything you've tried sexually???

Give me a fucking break.. Every fucking person on this site has had a female say "no" to sexual advances I'd bet multiple times in their life..wgaf..

Fucking retards abound..wtf

Edited by Rigid1

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So in your whole entire life of sexual encounters, as a youth, as a young adult, as a married adult I assume?? You have never had a female say "no" to anything you've tried sexually???

Give me a fucking break.. Every fucking person on this site has had a female say "no" to sexual advances I'd bet multiple times in their life..wgaf..

Fucking retards abound..wtf

Getting turned down and committing sexual assault aren't the same thing dumbass.