Trudeau's Carbon tax reported on by post media

revkevsdi

12 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Post media is right of centre and they are reporting that the carbon tax will on average put more money in the pockets of Canadians.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-ivison-game-changing-study-suggests-liberal-carbon-tax-plan-would-put-more-money-in-canadians-pockets

More freeloaders.  The heart of the Liberal government.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I love the delusion that taxes create more money than they cost.   :lol:  

If you read the article and understood it. That isn't what is being said.

But it's interesting that you support tax cuts at the expense of higher debt and think that is ok. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lol:

The Conservatives have long railed against the Liberals’ “tax on everything” but the study of three provinces suggests those households — particularly at the lower end of the income spectrum — would end up better off. The amount they receive would rise over time in line with the direct carbon tax, which will start at $20-per-tonne next January and rise to $50-a-tonne in 2022.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Hopefully he puts you out of your misery.

:lol2:

He'll probably help me financially. That doesn't mean it's right. 

But then again it's estimated his move on the carbon tax will cost more than Wynne cost us in cancelling the gas plants.

He'll probably get sued for cancelling the minimum income pilot project. It'll end up costing more than if he let the project run.

Just now, revkevsdi said:

If you read the article and understood it. That isn't what is being said.

But it's interesting that you support tax cuts at the expense of higher debt and think that is ok. 

I support tax cuts period.   While I would much prefer they come with cuts spending I'll take them any way the citizens will get them.

Our govt's already collect over $19,000 per person in our country.   How much does yours?

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

:lol:

The Conservatives have long railed against the Liberals’ “tax on everything” but the study of three provinces suggests those households — particularly at the lower end of the income spectrum — would end up better off. The amount they receive would rise over time in line with the direct carbon tax, which will start at $20-per-tonne next January and rise to $50-a-tonne in 2022.

How does that back up your claim?

Just now, Highmark said:

I support tax cuts period.   While I would much prefer they come with cuts spending I'll take them any way the citizens will get them.

Our govt's already collect over $19,000 per person in our country.   How much does yours?

We have free health care!!!!

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

How does that back up your claim?

Because they particularly pick out the lower income spectrum.   Someone will be paying for them and they all but outright admit whom.   

How does $1 dollar in taxes mean more than a $1 return to the govt in tax revenue?   Its simply not possible or no govt would ever be in debt.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Probably more. But you'd have to include your health plan spending to bring it more in line.  You also have to realize that we are 30 million in the second largest land mass.  It's logical that it would cost more per person.   Put a family of 4 in a 2 bedroom apartment vs a 10,000 square foot house and see the per person cost differences.  

Maybe that's why fewer of us go off the deep end killing each other.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Because they particularly pick out the lower income spectrum.   Someone will be paying for them.   

How does $1 dollar in taxes mean more than a $1 return to the govt in tax revenue?   Its simply not possible or no govt would ever be in debt.  

Tar sands will pay more. Heavily polluting industries will pay more.  Some of those businesses are owned by foreign companies.  So individual Canadians will pay less. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Probably more. But you'd have to include your health plan spending to bring it more in line.  You also have to realize that we are 30 million in the second largest land mass.  It's logical that it would cost more per person.   Put a family of 4 in a 2 bedroom apartment vs a 10,000 square foot house and see the per person cost differences.  

Maybe that's why fewer of us go off the deep end killing each other.  

Canada has massive resources per capita.   No question about that.  

19 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Tar sands will pay more. Heavily polluting industries will pay more.  Some of those businesses are owned by foreign companies.  So individual Canadians will pay less. 

And none of those increases will pass on to customers?  :lol:  Jeez you are a gullible bunch.   Are those industries all govt owned and operated?   Their customers and owners will pay.  Sounds to me like a tariff pinning it on foreign companies.  :lol:  

The statement below is rich in propaganda.   So the govt gives me more money than the carbon tax but does that difference cover the increase in the cost?   Come on man you have to be smarter than this.   Taxes cannot create higher revenue than they cost.   Its like perpetual motion.  

Research by environmental economist Dave Sawyer of EnviroEconomics suggests that in this scenario most households, regardless of income level, would receive more money from the federal government than they would pay in carbon taxes.

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Dumb Dougy is going to cost Ontario businesses buy not participating. What a fuck head.

WTF... Huh ? Did you forget to use "sarcastica" font ? Tax is good for business and the consumer ?? Really ???

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

WTF... Huh ? Did you forget to use "sarcastica" font ? Tax is good for business and the consumer ?? Really ???

dont mind revkev.  he supports crippling the working class so losers like himself benefit.

the argument here is for redistribution of wealth with the lions share taken by government retained and wasted in the collection and administration of those additional tax revenues. I suppose if one feels that paying billions more in taxation so a  few poor people can collect millions in benefits is good for the economy and benefits the country as whole then by all means, line up and pay more for your , well, for your everything. No tax has ever given a net benefit to a society, they all take and waste money with the return being of less value than the original take.

• Like 1