• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I see Bernie voted against it.

I see Dump and the Repugs are giddy over the unnecessary increase in military spending.  Oh.....and the massive increase in the annual budget deficit because of the tax giveaways to the rich.....

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

I see Dump and the Repugs are giddy over the unnecessary increase in military spending.  Oh.....and the massive increase in the annual budget deficit because of the tax giveaways to the rich.....

So have you contacted your reps yet to let them know how disappointed you are with their vote? 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So have you contacted your reps yet to let them know how disappointed you are with their vote? 

The D’s have some of their’s in the budget I support.  It’s about priorities.  And one thing is certain.....they would not have passed increased MIC spending or tax cuts for the wealthy. 👍.  

21 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

But would they have supported tax cuts for the rest of us?

Yep....and middle low income tax cuts actually stimulate the economy.  Hoarding money does not. 

34 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The D’s have some of their’s in the budget I support.  It’s about priorities.  And one thing is certain.....they would not have passed increased MIC spending or tax cuts for the wealthy. 👍.  

When the Dems we're running the show they did not pass any budgets just continuing resolutions without accountability. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Yep....and middle low income tax cuts actually stimulate the economy.  Hoarding money does not. 

A tax cut of any sort when you're running a deficit and racking up debt isn't a tax cut, it's a deferrment of responsibility to future generations. 

10 hours ago, motonoggin said:

They're all on the same team when it comes to this shit guys. Partisanship is Kabuki theatre for the ignorant and stupid. There is one party, and we don't live in a Democratic Republic, we live under an oligarchy that pretends it's a democracy. 

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

List them.  If you look back at history, the rest of your statement is just plain delusional.

Edited by racer254

The comments over several threads about this idiocy have been funny as fuck!

Site LibStains:  "Fucking R's are going to bankrupt us with their spending!!!!!!"

Site Libstains after being shown how many Senators are in our GUBmeNt: "Yeah but, our people only voted for the good parts of the bill!!!!'

Holy fuck.  DC can just do whatever they want.  Our citizens are complete morons.

13 hours ago, oleroule said:

Yea
D    48
R    44
I     1

Nay
D    0
R    6
I     1

wait...this doesn't fit the liberal narrative.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=2&vote=00212

Democrats are not fiscal conservatives. They love spending, especially when they can blame it on republicans. 

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

A tax cut of any sort when you're running a deficit and racking up debt isn't a tax cut, it's a deferrment of responsibility to future generations. 

Huh?   Its all crashing and we're going to communism.   I say keep spending like drunken sailor because when the revolution goes thru we scrap everything.   Am I right?  :lol:  

Again military spending is WAY too high but putting it perspective historical as a % of GDP or % of outlays it isn't out of line.  

Pretty simple.   We should all support a constitutional amendment on spending that includes military cannot exceed a certain part of the budget unless at war thru an act of congress.  

milexp-percentage-gdp.jpg

US_Federal_Government_Outlays.png

Edited by Highmark

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Again military spending is WAY too high but putting it perspective historical as a % of GDP or % of outlays it isn't out of line.  

Pretty simple.   We should all support a constitutional amendment on spending that includes military cannot exceed a certain part of the budget unless at war thru an act of congress.  

milexp-percentage-gdp.jpg

US_Federal_Government_Outlays.png

Human Resources = Food & Ag, Medicare & Health, Social Security & Labor, Education, Housing, Science & Energy.

Neal